04

The Moment I Saw You

~*~

“Se Hun, why do you look like you’re in pain? Do you have constipation?”

I’m not even going to answer that.

I sighed loudly and walked away from him. Why do I feel so irritated?

Oh yeah...I remember.

I guess I should go talk to Lu Han.

I slumped past Tao and Chen in the living room and stopped in the hallway that led to our bedrooms.

“Kai! You’re back!” I heard Chen exclaim happily from behind me.

“Hey Chen, hey Tao.” Kai greeted them.

“...hi.”

I looked back over my shoulder and locked eyes with Kai, he looked worried, but then Chen started chatting to him so he turned back to him and carried on smiling.

I heard a creak from in front of me and a snapped my head around to see the door of our room slightly ajar, and a large brown eye staring straight at me, I rushed forward to him but as soon as I had taken a step forward he slammed the door shut and I heard the lock click. As useful as that bedroom lock was in this relationship, I really hated it right now.

“Lu Han,” I whispered as I knocked on the door, “Lu Han let me in.”

“I don’t want to,” he replied, his voice small, but I could tell that he was right by the door.

“I just want to talk!” I argued.

“Well I don’t want to! Go away!” he  answered angrily, the door thudded slightly.

“Fine we won’t talk! Just please just let me in!” I begged him, as I clutched at the handle of the door .

Silence.

“...I don’t like not being able to get to you.” I added quietly, but I’m pretty sure he heard me.

I heard the small metallic sound of the lock slide and I turned the handle, sure enough the door opened. I opened it slowly and his figure stepped into my view. I shut the door behind me quietly. He was rubbing his cheek with the back of his hand, and even though the light was off there was light shining in from around the door, making the water on his cheeks glisten so obviously.

I walked over to him and took hold of his wrist and pulled his hand away from his face. He looked at me through his wet eyelashes.

Oh, princess...” I whispered and I wiped his cheeks with my sleeve. “Don’t cry...”

“I-it’s just...S-Se Hun I don’t want to tell them yet so please don’t get angry,  please don’t show us up...I’m not ready...” he pleaded, and he clutched onto my t-shirt.

“Shhh, ok...” I said as I reached my arms around his shoulders and pulled him into a hug, “but they’re getting suspicious.”

“Mm,” he hummed sadly as he buried his face into my neck. I his hair gently.

“What if one of our friends is a homophobe?” he asked quietly.

“Wouldn’t we know?”

“We’ve never talked about it,” he sighed.

“Well then I guess that’s something we have to do,” I rubbed his back soothingly and paused for a moment, “just...don’t worry about it Lu Han. If there’s something to worry about, I’ll do it. I don’t want you to worry and...I’ll try to keep us a secret, I really will, ok?”

He sighed again and broke the hug to rub his eyes.

“Ok?”

“Ok.” He smiled weakly. 

~*~