03

The Moment I Saw You

~*~

“Anyone home?” Lu Han called out as we stepped into our shared apartment. An apartment we share with three other guys, Kai, Chen, and Tao.

“I am!” A high voice called out as a figure bounced into the hallway. Chen skidded to a halt in front of us as we slid off our shoes. We stared at him wide-eyed.

“...Just you?” I asked, trying not to sound panicked. We’ve learnt the hard way in the household that Chen should not be left at home alone. You never know what could happen...I mean...he might start...cooking.

“Nope, Tao’s here too!” He beamed. I let out a simultaneous sigh of relief with Lu Han, and shuffled past Chen to access the main area of the apartment, a large living room and dining room combined.

I walked in and found Tao fiercely annihilating zombies on the Xbox we all shared, and I slumped down next to him.

“Hey.”

“...hi.” he replied after a few moments of silence.

Well that was my conversation with Tao for the day over, so I just sat back and watched him play whatever game it was he was playing. It’s not that Tao’s unfriendly or anti-social, he’s just not into talking so much. Sometimes it’s useful to have a friend who just listens to you, even if the only feedback you get is an expression.

“Let me see what you got!”

“Er-no Che-” Lu Han attempted to pull the bags away from his younger friend, but of course he was unsuccessful.

“Wow! This is awesome!” Chen exclaimed loudly as he pulled out and held up one of the striped shirts me and Lu Han had been trying on earlier.

“CHEN!  Have you been drinking coffee?!” Lu Han squealed and grabbed the shirt off him protectively, but Chen just dove his arm into the bag and pulled out another one.

“Oh! Why have you got two of the same one?!”

I turned my head to the conversation and  locked eyes with Lu Han for a second, but he broke it to grab the shirt off Chen.

Lu Han hesitated to reply.

What is he going to say?

...

“I got two sizes just in case one didn’t fit.”

So he’s still planning to keep us a secret.

I stood up from the couch suddenly and Lu Hans attention focused on me, his eyed looked alarmed.

“Didn’t you try them on at the store?” Chen asked him innocently.

“No.” He replied immediately as he stuffed shirts back into the bag and gripped on the string.

“Why?”

“Be quiet. Stop asking questions!” Lu Han snapped, then he lifted all his shopping and stomped towards the bedrooms. Great, now he's in a bad mood.

“What? That’s not fair,” Chen whined after him.

 “Chen.” Rumbled a deep voice from next to me. Chen looked over and sighed in defeat, then walked over and flopped next to Tao.

Tao looked at me, and I took that as my cue to go. I get an eerie aura from that guy sometimes, like he has too many secrets. My mind flipped back to Lu Han when I heard a door slam. At the same time as a latch clicking open.

Kai then walked in with a concerned look on face.

“Lu Han isn’t breaking his bedroom door again, is he?”

~*~

A/N

Thank you for all the comments. :)