48

The Moment I Saw You

~*~

I wrapped my scarf tighter around my neck as I strolled down the street. The weather was getting colder and windier now. Kai had taken my favourite scarf wherever he went today (probably to see Kyungsoo). Thanks Kai. So I just settled with wearing Lu Han’s usual scarf, which was definitely a good choice. It smelt like him and made me feel warm on the inside too...

Thankfully the store was only a few streets away. It took around fifteen to twenty minutes to reach it by foot but it was better than nothing. What do I need to buy?

Eggs, milk, bacon, bread, painkillers...and maybe a little something else to surprise Lu Han...like that candy he likes...what was it called? Oh, I’ll know it when I see it.

The automatic door swung slowly open for me when I approached, and I was blasted with warm air when I stepped in. Then I was greeted with the familiar clean scent of a supermarket and busy sounds of the tills beeping and the chatter of shoppers and workers. I knew where I was going to so I walked straight to the aisle where the milk and eggs were and picked up what we usually buy.

“Sehun!”

I turned around and was greeted by a glowing grin of my friend I haven’t seen in a while.

“Suho! What are you doing here?”

“Tell me, Sehun, what do you usually do in a supermarket?” he raised his eyebrow at me and lifted up the shopping basket he was holding to emphasise his point.

“...Yeah okay, that was a stupid question,” I admitted. He laughed and took the things I was holding unsteadily and put them in his basket.

“Just give me the money and we’ll pay together.”

“Okay,” I looked around for a moment, “So did someone else come with you since you can’t dri-”

“Drive? I can drive now, I got my license,” he said proudly.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief that he actually passed his exam, since Suho was always such a bookworm he usually just excels at the theory.

“Do you want a lift home?”

“I don’t think I-”

“Aw, come on I’m not a stranger,” he laughed, “I drive past yours anyway. Isn’t Lu Han waiting for you at home?”

I remembered how Lu Han wanted me to be home as soon as possible for some reason, he seemed kind of anxious so it probably wasn’t best to leave him on his own for long. The sooner I could get to his side and make him some breakfast/give him painkillers the better to be honest. Anyway, this is Suho, I trust him.

“Yeah alright, I guess it would be quicker,” I grin.

So after we’ve both picked up what we needed as quickly as possible and paid for it we head out into the car park lugging the rustling bags of shopping with us.

“Which car?”

He pointed and led me to a small neat dark green car, neither too cheap or too expensive looking. It suited Suho well~ We put the shopping in the boot and I took my seat in the passenger side and buckled myself in.

Surprisingly, Suho was actually a really good safe driver. I guess learning theory really does pay off to a certain extent, so I complimented him on it friendlily and he chuckled.

“Thank you, I know I’ve always been a bit of a nerd when it comes to things like that.”

I nodded but I don’t think he saw since he was concentrating on the road too much.

“So what’s everyone doing today then?”

“Tao is just at home with Lu Han probably waiting for food and Chen and Kai are both out somewhere.”

“Oh, what are they doing?”

“I don’t know about Chen but Kai is probably with Kyungsoo or something I guess.”

His hands on the steering wheel faltered a little, making the car waver for a second before continuing in a straight line. I felt kind of uneasy. I looked over at Suho and he looked like he was thinking extremely hard over something...he almost looked upset.

The that’s when I saw the fast red sports car speeding down the main road up ahead at the junction –coming from the left –sending a panicked domino of noisy car horns when it weaved past them.

“S-Suho slow down there’s an idiot over there,” I said firmly.

He didn’t answer.

“Suho? Are you alright?”

I turned to him, then back to the speeding car.

“Suho that car is cutting the lights, my god slow down!”

No response.

“SUHO?!” I yelled. He snapped out of his thoughts and froze in panic as he noticed how we were about to drive through the junction at the same time as the drunk in the sports car. I panicked and hurriedly reached my foot over to the drivers side, pressing what I hoped to be the break.

Luckily the car lurched to a stop, though throwing us both forward heavily into the dashboard in the middle of the junction.

I didn’t have time to check on Suho properly.

Not long before we stopped the sports car swerved in front of us with a ear-splitting screech.

I had about enough time to pull myself over the direction of Suho’s body.

As the other car smashed it’s rear into the passenger side of this small, neat, dark green car there were the sounds of car doors slamming and people screaming and shouting from around me.

And then I pictured Lu Han, his peacefully sweet beautiful face as he slept this morning...before everything out.

~*~