33

The Moment I Saw You

~*~

“Hey.”

“Hey,” I said casually as I took a sip of  apple juice and leant against the kitchen counter. Chen hesitated for a moment, then walked into the kitchen and to the fridge.

“What time is it?” Chen asked as he opened the fridge door and inspected the contents.

“Around seven,” I answered, noting the slightly awkward atmosphere.

“You’re up early,” Chen glanced at me as he took out a pint of milk after a painful silence.

“So are you!” I said defensively, Chen chuckled as he made a beeline around the kitchen, opening various cupboards and taking out the necessary things for a bowl of cereal. He looked at me and made to say something, but he must have decided against it as he turned around to pour some chocolate cereal into a bowl.

“Is Lu Han still asleep?” He asked. The  sound of Lu Han’s name made me subconsciously smile, and the picture of his soft sleeping face buried into his pillow and his messy brown bed-hair surfaced in my mind.

“Yeah...” I said as I zoned out for a moment, but then I snapped myself out of it and took another gulp of the cold fruit juice. Chen held his bowl and leant against the opposite counter to face me.

He scooped up some cereal and crunched it loudly as his eyes basically bore into me, successfully making me feel even more awkward.

“...Chen?”

“Uh? What?” He innocently blinked as he ate some more and stared at my slippers.

“...Are you alright?” I frowned.

“Yeah, I’m just thinking...” He sighed.

“Yeah?” I encouraged before I finished the last bit of apple juice from my glass.

“I mean, first Tao and Kris are dating...and now you and Lu Han...” He shook his head in disbelief.

“We we’re dating before them.” I corrected him without thinking.

“Huh?” His eyes looked up as he was caught off guard.

“Me and Lu Han were dating before Kris and Tao got together...” I said quietly, slightly ashamed that we hadn’t told him sooner.

“Seriously?!” He gawped.

“That...That doesn’t creep you out or anything does it? I mean, I know some people get kind of freaked and-”

“I’m not homophobic or anything,” he smiled, and I sighed in relief and grinned at him, all awkwardness just vanished from  the room completely. I made myself a bowl of cereal too and we just leant against the counters and ate in comfortable silence for a while. Until Lu Han appeared at the doorway in his pyjamas, rubbing his eye with the back of his hand cutely.

“Oh you were here,” he mumbled. I immediately put my bowl down onto the side and walked over to him, ignoring Chen’s curious eyes following me.

Lu Han looked at me through half-open eyes and blushed slightly when I kissed him on the cheek and slid my arms around his waist to hug him. I think he was too tired to notice that Chen was also in the kitchen, or he was just too tired to care about PDA early in the morning.

“Hellooo? Is anyone here?” a familiar voice called out from the front door and half a second later Kai’s bedroom door flung open.

~*~

Not a very long or interesting Chapter, but I felt like I had to fill in some gaps, I don't know. *shrugs*