Chapter 24 : More casual

The Earth & The Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Next Morning


Birds are chirping and sun shines brightly. The petite girl stirs on her bed.


“Ah..what time is it” says the girl then she rummages her surroundings. The girl is looking for her cellphone.
“Aissh.. I’m late! The overtime drained my energy” says Erika annoyingly.


Erika in fast speed walks to the bathroom. In 10 minutes she’s already suited in formal office attire. She hurriedly runs to the lobby. She is waiting the taxi.


“Aissh.. Ms.Kwon will throw the dagger on me” mutters Erika silently.
“Hi Erika, just come in..I’m late too. It’s better we go to the office together” says the familiar clear voice.
“Ah..Miss Jung. Is that OK?” says Erika shyly.
“Just come inside, time is running” says Jessica Jung short.
“Ah thank you Miss Jung” replies Erika.
“Just call me casually when we outside the office, Erika” says Jessica.
“O..ok sica” says Erika shyly.
“ah.. I like that nickname” smiles Jessica.
“Thanks for the ride anyway, sica. It seems the overtime works exhausted me” says Erika.
“Ah me too. We have to do our best on our work after all” replies Jessica.
“That’s right” replies Erika shortly.
“Can you drop me on the cake shop near HCM?” asks Erika.
“Sure, but why there?” asks Jessica curiously.
“I wanna grab some cakes, I think I have some remaining time..Thanks to you who saves me” says Taeyeon cheerfully, she flashes her beautiful smile.
Dugeun dugeun dugeun dugeun….
“Why my heart beats fast when you smile Erika, what have you done to me?” asks Jessica silently when Erika walks out to the shop.


Few minutes later Erika back to the car. She brings 2 boxes of cake and 2 cups of Americano coffee.


“This.. eat first” says Erika once she sits on the chair.
“Ah thank you..how did you know that I haven’t had my breakfast?” asks Jessica in delight mood.
“We’re overslept. I judged you washed in hurry” says Erika cool
“Haha.. I bet the same thing happened to you, Erika” says Jessica jokingly.


They are laughing loudly and Eating the cake.


“Drink this, I don’t know it suits your taste or not” Erika hands one of the coffee cup to Jessica.
Jessica sips the coffee, her facial expression changes suddenly.
“What happened sica? You don’t like the coffee?” asks Erika panic.
“Ani.. it’s ok. Americano. It’s my sister’s favorite tho” says Jessica sadly.
“Oh.. sorry I don’t know that sica” says Erika apologetically.


The two finished their simple breakfast.


“You know what, It’s her death anniversary” says Jessica sadly.
“Ah.. sorry. To be honest today is also my first girlfriend’s death anniversary. She loves cake and Americano. That’s why I bought these” explains Erika sadly.
“What a bitter coincidence, right Erika?” asks Jessica
“Yeah.. I hope they are resting peacefully in heaven. Your sister and My first love” says Erika assures the sad Jessica.
“Yeah..” replies Jessica short.


The car runs in medium speed, in few minutes they arrived at parking basement.


“thank you for the ride sica” says Erika gratefully
“thanks for the cake and coffee” replies Jessica flashes her warm smile.


The two walk together to the office. Gaining everyone’s attention once they step their shoes inside the lobby.


“Are they together?” whispers 2 girls near the receptionist table.
“I don’t know, after all they are newly recruits” replies the other girl
“But how come the top management person like Miss Jung befriends with designer Erika? You know what Miss Jung is the boss’ university friend. She’s rich in Korea, nobody know.” asks the girl curiously.
“I don’t know, let’s do our business instead of gossiping the other” closes the girl.


Erika and Jessica walk together towards lift.


“Thanks Miss Jung, I’ll leave first probably since my office is in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter