CHAPTER 9: OBSTACLES (PART 7)

ARE YOU SURE?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9: OBSTACLES (PART 7)

NEXT MORNING

Although Jiyeon told Eunjung that they would talk when they came home, they did not have the chance to talk since Eunjung noticed that the younger was quite tired. Therefore, the older determined to have a talk this morning. It was lucky for her that today was Sunday.

Eunjung’s house, 7 AM

The older came downstairs to look for Jiyeon since the younger was an early bird. Strangely, there was no sign of Jiyeon. Then, Eunjung kept searching the younger everywhere in the house even in Jiyeon’s room. However, the result made Eunjung disappointed and became panicked.

-Don’t say that she has left. _ Eunjung decided to run out of the house to look for the younger.

Eunjung run out of the house and looked for the other in the surrounding, but she did not see Jiyeon.

-Where can she go? _ Eunjung mumbled. When the girl was about to come home to get the car. The older smiled when she saw a familiar figure at the corner of the street. However, Eunjung’s smile faded away since the younger was quarreling with someone. Eunjung approached the younger to find out what was happening.

 

-Why are you here? _ Jiyeon tried to stay calm in front of the man, who she called “father”. She got surprised, scared and mad at the same when Jiyeon saw this man after nearly 15 years.

-How can you ask your dad like that? _ The man asked with the angry attitude.

-Dad? _ Jiyeon smirked at the man. _ I don’t know why you can call yourself “dad” to me?

Jiyeon’s attitude made the man really angry, but he had a purpose to appear here.

-Ok, I know I was wrong, but I’m still your dad.

-You don’t deserve that word. _ Jiyeon coldly answered.

-YOU … _ Jiyeon closed her eyes when she saw the man was about to hit her, but there was nothing happened. However, she heard a familiar voice instead. Voice of the person who always saved her on time, like an angle.

-Don’t touch her. _ It was the cold Eunjung she saw yesterday, but Jiyeon did not hate it like yesterday.

-WHO ARE YOU, THIS B****. _ When the man was about to slap Jiyeon, there was someone held his hand.

-Eunjung. _ Jiyeon said in surprise and happy tone at the same time.

-You should call me Jungie. _ Eunjung smiled brightly at Jiyeon to comfort the other, and of course it worked all the time. Moreover, it also had a side effect – Jiyeon’s heart beat faster than usual again.

-YAH. _ The man was about to hit Eunjung but the girl managed to make the man lie on the ground instead. _ AHHHHH

-WHY DO YOU HIT HER, HUH?_Eunjung’s angriness was on top, but she knew how to manage it. She had learnt it since she was just a child.

-YAH, LET ME GO. _ The man kept yelling, which made a lot of people stared at them. Jiyeon did not like it, and she also did not want to make this man get hurt even he treated her badly. Jiyeon knew that she did not consider him as her “father” but just a man that her mother “used to love”.

-Eunjung, let him go. _ Eunjung said nothing but let the man go. Before he left, he pointed at Jiyeon’s face.

-I’LL COMEBACK. JUST WAIT.

After the man left, Eunjung came to check Jiyeon.

-Are you ok? _ Jiyeon shook her head, which made Eunjung relieve. _ Who is he?

-Let’s go home first. _ Jiyeon ignored Eunjung’s question, and took the things she bought. _ Ah, why are you here? I thought you were at home.

-I’m looking for you_ Jiyeon got surprised because of the older’s answer.

-Looking for me? _ Eunjung nodded firmly.

-Ok, let’s go home. I’ll tell you when we get home.

On the way home, Eunjung helped Jiyeon with the things the younger just bought from market. When the girls got home, Eunjung asked the younger to have a talk.

-I want to make it clear. I just can’t stand it. _ Jiyeon wanted to laugh when seeing a puzzled Eunjung. However, the younger did not show it.

-What do you want to talk about?

-I have two questions. You just need to answer one of them. _ Eunjung did not want to make the other feel uneasy.

-Let’s me hear them first. _ Jiyeon knew how to hide her emotions.

-First question is why you were mad at me yesterday? _ Eunjung could be a genius in business but she was such a pabo in real life that what Jiyeon felt about Eunjung after a time living together.

I thought you did not consider me as your true friend. -_ Eunjung was extremely surprised to hear a question from the younger. Eventhough, Jiyeon did not show her feelings, but at least she did not want to say lies to Eunjung.

- Wae?

-I think that I don’t know you clearly. I mean that I just see your smile only, but never your madness or your sadness. _ Eunjung did not expect an answer like this from Jiyeon. The older could feel how disappointed the younger was.

 -I’m sorry, but I’m sure that I really want to become your friends. It’s just that your life is hard already, so I don’t want to make you worry about me more._ Jiyeon's heart was hurt when listening to Eunjung's answer. The older always cared for other people's feeling too much.

-Then why you act cold in front of the doctor. I know that you are not the easy person. He must be quite close to you then. _ Jiyeon decided to straight to the point since she felt extremely disturbed to keep it inside. Eunjung got surprised again to know that the younger did care and understand her.

-Yes, he is close to me when he’s a friend not a doctor. _ Eunjung’s answer made Jiyeon giggle. _ Wae?

-You’re really funny sometimes. _ Jiyeon’s statement made Eunjung blush hard. The older distracted the younger with another question.

-The second question is who that man is. _ Jiyeon’s facial expression changed from a happy one to a serious one in a second which made Eunjung know that man had a relationship with the younger and Jiyeon did not like him.

-I’ll tell you later. I promise. It’s just that I need time, ok? _ Eunjung respected the other. She just nodded her head firmly to let Jiyeon knew she would wait. _ I also have a question for you, then.

-What’s it?

 -Why did you look for me this morning? _Eunjung became puzzled to listen to the question. She did not know how to explain.

-I woke up, and I wanted to have a talk with you, but I found you nowhere. Therefore, I thought that you … _ Jiyeon could guess what the older think.

-I’m sorry to make you worried, but I’ll never leave without saying goodbye. That’s a promise. _ Jiyeon knew that why Eunjung was like that and she felt a bit guilty. She always asked Eunjung to trust her, but she did not make the other feel that way.

-It’s not your fault. You don’t need to say sorry to me. _ Eunjung did not want to make Jiyeon feel guilty because of her.

Let’s be good _ Eunjung was so surprised with Jiyeon. This was the first time Jiyeon called her like this first. Moreover, the younger also smiled at her. _ -Jungie ah.true friends, ok?

“If I want to be more than a friend.” _ Eunjung immediately scolded herself for asking too much. _ “Eunjung, wake up. If you ask too much, you’ll lose everything. Your time is limited, remember? You don’t want to see this girl hurt, right?”

_ Jiyeon -Of course. I’m glad to hear that from you.also had her own thought.

“ Be a friend with her is too much for a person like you. Jiyeon ah, don’t ask more.”

 

The man who was Jiyeon’s father was drinking alcohol with some other men. Then, suddenly, a woman came out and took away th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter