CHAPTER 8: CHANGES (PART 9)

ARE YOU SURE?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8: CHANGES (PART 9)

EUNJUNG’S POV

I focus on cooking for the younger girl. She felt thoughtless when she was beside the other. However, someday in the future, very soon, I can’t be with her anymore, can’t protect her. I realize that I have to do something for Jiyeon before it’s too late. Suddenly, my head starts to pin around. The pain is back. I bite my lips to prevent any sounds from my mouth. I need medicine now. When I am about to go back to my room, Jiyeon appears behind my back.

-Are you ok? _She asks me. I know my face is not good. I have to get back to my room now.

-I’m ok. _ She touches my head. My vision is blurry gradually. The last thing I can hear is…

-EUNJUNG, EUNJUNG, PLEASE WAKE UP, DON’T MAKE ME SCARED.

….

When I open my eyes, I see Jiyeon sleep with her head on my bed. I disturb her too much. I guess I fainted. I look at the clock on the wall. It’s 2PM. I have fainted for 2 hours. I look at Jiyeon. She is not really healthy. Moreover, her face is always serious. Therefore, I’ll try my best to do something for you. “Don’t worry”, I whisper. When I realize that my hand is on her face, I quickly withdraw my hand back, which makes her wake up.

-Are you ok? _She asks me worriedly. I can realize that her voice is a bit trembling. Is she worried for me that much?

-I’m ok. _I try to sit up, but I have no strength. Jiyeon quickly helps me.

-What’s wrong with you? _ Jiyeon helps me to lean on the pillow.

-I think that I’m a bit stressed lately. I need to rest, I guess. _I try to make a reasonable explanation.

-Don’t work too hard. _Jiyeon softly says. She stands up and looks at me. _I’ll take you some food for you.

- Uhm. _I don’t want to make her worry too much. I also feel guilty to make her scared to see me like this. _Thanks for taking care of me. I’m also sorry because I dis…

- You said we were friends, right? So, these are just the things good friends do to each other. _She interrupts my words. What makes me surprised the most is she confirms that we are friends, good friends. I don’t know why, but these words of her make me truly delightful. I nods my heads to reply. Then, she leaves the room. As for me, I need to call the doctor.

- Doctor, it’s me.

- I know. What’s wrong?

- When can I take the treatment? _ I ask hurriedly. I’m afraid that Jiyeon is back.

- Wae? You change your mind? _ This doctor is really annoying.

- I don’t have much time. Just answer me. _I can hear his giggling.

- Ok. As I said before, you have to take the treatment as soon as possible. _I sigh. I worry that I can’t do my best for the company if I receive treatment. That is the reason why I do not take the treatment when this doctor asked. _How about tomorrow evening? Is it ok?

- Tomorrow evening? _ I think for a while. I need to live because of that girl, at least just a bit longer_ Ok.

- Have you just had a headache, right? _ I wonder how this doc know.

- Uhm. This time, it’s not just that my head is painful, but my vision is also blurry. _ I shortly report my disease to the doctor. He is the only person know my health condition.

- It’s not good. Remember that you have to meet me, tomorrow, or else, I’ll tell this to your family, got it? _ I really hate that this doc threatens me this way.

- I know my disease. It won’t recover. _ I know that he is worried for me, but I do not want him hope too much.

- Don’t say so. Don’t lose hope. Everything will be fine for a good person like you. _ I say nothing but end the call. “Good person? No, I’m just an unexpected child.” I mumbled.

HYOMIN'S POV

 After the day I go out with Qri, I’m still worried when stepping out of the house. I imagine that everyone will mock on me. I know it is not real, but I’m really scared. I don’t know how overcome this. Suddenly, my phone rings.

-Hello? _I don’t know who’s calling, but I realized who that person is quickly as she speaks up.

-Have you done your work? Why don’t you come to the company? _I’m sure it’s Suzy because I can realize her voice.

-I’m almost done. I will give it to you tomorrow. _Because of that fear, I decide to have some a day off. _I’m a bit tired, so I’m off today.

-I guess you’re not the person for this stressful environment. Why don’t you just stay at home like before? _I know this girl doesn’t like me. I even don’t know the reason why. However, I think h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter