CHAPTER 9: OBSTACLES (PART 3)

ARE YOU SURE?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9: OBSTACLES (PART 3)

Today, Jiyeon got the news that Eunjung had an important meeting. Therefore, she tended to have a simple meal when she got home. Since Eunjung’s house was a bit far from the company, so Jiyeon got a bus to go home. She felt that someone behind her. However, when she got back, she saw no one. She was scared of the group of gangsters found her again, so when the bus stopped, Jiyeon quickly run toward the house. When she got near the house, she checked one again to know whether someone followed her or not. Fortunately, she found no one. She felt a bit relieved. Jiyeon sat on the armchair to catch up her breath. Then, she received a message from Eunjung. She smiled while reading and forgot what just happened to her.

-Have you eaten yet? I’ve just finished the meeting. I’ll go home and have dinner with you.

-No, not yet, I’ve just got home. Don’t need to worry about me. I can have a meal alone. _ Jiyeon did not want to disturb the other girl.

-Then, can you wait for me? I want to have dinner with someone. _ After reading the reply, Jiyeon felt a bit disappointed. She quickly thought that Eunjung wanted to have meal with her. She immediately scolded herself for asking too much.

-Are your sisters busy? _ On the other line, Eunjung frowned her eyebrows a bit. Actually, she wanted to have dinner with the younger girl, but she was afraid that she would scare the other if she did so. After reading the other’s message, she also asked herself that why she did not ask her sisters to go out with her. However, somehow, she knew that she wanted to choose Jiyeon, at least for today.

-Uhm, they’re busy today. _ Jiyeon slightly. She knew that she was just a second choice, but she was still happy with it. She knew that the older her did care for her as a friend. However, sometimes, in her heart, it wanted more. Whenever that feeling came, Jiyeon tried to get rid of it immediately. She always thought that a person like her did not deserve to have much.

-Ok, I’ll wait for you.

-Uhm, I’ll go home soon. See you.

After 35 minutes, Eunjung went home. When Jiyeon opened the door, she was greeted by Eunjung’s bright smile, which made the younger smile along.

-Have you waited me long? _ Jiyeon noticed that Eunjung carried something. _ I had to stand in line for more than 10 minutes to get this. Lucky that it’s still hot.

-What’s it? _ Jiyeon did not know what that thing was that made Eunjung wait that long to get it.

-It’s Japchae ( a kind of food in Korea containing noodles and vegetables.). I know that you like it, right? _ Jiyeon was astonished since the other know that she liked this food.

-How do you know? _ Eunjung smiled proudly since she got the food the other liked.

-I just noticed whenever I have meal with you. _ Jiyeon’s heart felt touched and warm at the same time when hearing Eunjung said that.

-Thank you. _ Eunjung got panicked when she saw tears in the other’s eyes.

-Wae? Why do you cry? _ The older approached and wiped Jiyeon’s tears. _ I want to make you happy, so I buy it for you. Please, don’t cry.

It had been a long time sine the last time Jiyeon have this kind of feeling, the feeling that some one care about her and appreciated her. As for Eunjung, she became puzzled when seeing the other crying like that. Therefore, she intended to hug the younger girl. Eunjung hesitated at first, but she felt hurt to see the scene in front of, so she slowly hugged Jiyeon. The younger neither move nor hug back. She just stood there and received the hug quietly. After a while, Eunjung noticed that Jiyeon move a bit. Eunjung broke the hug and looked at the other to make sure that the younger girl was fine.

-Let eat it or it will be cool. _ Jiyeon said with a slight smile, which made Eunjung feel relieved.

-Uhm, let me take some bowls and chopsticks. _ The older was stopped when she felt the younger held her hand. Eunjung turned back. _ Waeyo?

-Let me. Sit here. I guess that you’re tired. _ Eunjung said nothing but nod her head and sit down. In her heart, she felt happy and warm at the same time. It was not that she did not feel that way when eating with her sisters, but it was a bit different when she was with this girl.

Later, after Jiyeon took some bowls and chopsticks, the girls were ready to eat. Jiyeon noticed that the older girl just looked at her.

-Wae? Why do you stare at me like that?

-It’s your favorite dish, so you eat first. _ Jiyeon said nothing but have the first taste. _ How’s it?

-It’s really good. _ Jiyeon replied while looking Eunjung.

-Really? _ The younger just nod as a reply. Then, she felt weird that Eunjung did not know the taste since the food of this place was really famous.

-Haven’t you eaten it before?

-Not yet. _ Eunjung genuinely added. _ I just know the food of this restaurant is delicious. Moreover, I don’t have chance since I’m too busy.

-Don’t work too hard. It’s not good for your health. _ Jiyeon worriedly said, which made the other girl surprised a bit. Then, Eunjung smiled to comfort the latter.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter