Her return

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook turns and tosses in bed in their own house, unable to take a short nap even after the past sleepless nights.

In the end, he decides to go to the gym. He calls Gap Jin. Gap Jin came to fetch Jong Kook at his house and together they proceed to Jong Kook's gym.

In the car, Gap Jin asks about Jong Kook's condition.

"Um..good.." 

"Hyung, please don't keep everything to yourself. I have known you for years. I know you feel heartbroken..." 

Jong Kook stays quiet. He nods, "I'm slowly accepting the fact that we lost the baby..I was just sad..because Ji Hyo was hurt badly.."

"Hyung, you need to give hyungsoo nim some time. She loves the baby so much..."

"I know...She was so excited about having a baby, that I can remember her always patting her tummy and talking to the baby. She must be the one who felt the most pain from the miscarriage.." Jong Kook tries to control his tears.

Gap Jin nods his head. 

"Hyung, actually.."

Gap Jin stops as Jong Kook grabs his hand. 

"Why? Did you have anything that you didn't tell me about?!" He asks urgently.

"Actually, hyungsoo nim was already in pain when we encountered the reporters..I'm not sure if it was because she was agitated...but.."

"Mwuh?! Why didn't you tell me immediately?!"

"I'm sorry, hyung..I should have just taken her to the hospital.."

"Oh gosh! I should have been truthful in the first place..why did I keep the incident a secret from her..Why did I.." Jong Kook hides his face in his palms. His tears were already falling.

"Hyung, mianhe..but the loss can't be prevented since it has happened..Please don't be sad about this.."

"I should have been with her when she met that crazy woman..I should have protected her!" Jong Kook cries out.

Gap Jin comforts Jong Kook.

"Gap Jin ah..I want to meet Eun Hye..Help me arrange a meeting with her.." Jong Kook dried his tears.

"Why, hyung? Why do you want to meet her? It's not going to help if hyungsoo nim knows about this.."

"I just want to meet her..I want to get back at her for hurting Ji Hyo and our baby..She needs to pay for it!" Jong Kook says with a strong resolve.

"Hyung..please don't be rash.."

"Just do as what I said!" Jong Kook shouts.

And Gap Jin nods silently...

 

The duo arrived at the gym. 

Jong Kook began his exercise workout that he has missed out several days...

He started off with some weight-lifting exercises. He increased the weight by moving the pin down the stacks of weights.

Once it is done, he sits back down on the weight-lifting machine.

He starts lifting the weights. However, he felt a sharp pain down his spine. 

"Ouch!" He yelled out in pain, as he released the weights and he fell forward from the machine. 

He lay down on the floor immediately as he rolls his back against the floor, trying to reduce the pain.

"Hyung! Are you okay?!!" Gap Jin quickly gets down from the running track to help Jong Kook up. 

Jong Kook waves his hands.

"Gap Jin ah..Let..me..rest..here..for..a..while..." Jong Kook moans in pain, his eyes closed in grimace.

"Hyung, it seems like you hurt your back badly. I will send you to the hospital later."

"Ani..I will be fine after I lie down for a while..."

"Ok hyung. Tell me when it's too painful..." Gap Jin replies as he stood up from the ground. He glanced at the weight machine.

"Hyung! You raised the maximum weights! It's too much for you to handle!" He shouted in anxiety. 

Jong Kook open his eyes,"Mwuh? I raised the maximum weights?!! I must have zoned out while I changed the weight..." 

 

Gap Jin quickly changed the weights back to the normal capacity. 

"Hyung! Jinjja...You are not really in the right mind to exercise now. I know you are troubled but..." Gap Jin blurted out unknowningly..

Jong Kook closes his eyes as he rubs his back,"mianhe..I was..just..thinking of what you said just now and lost focus.." 

He tries to get up and Gap Jin hurries to help him.

"Hyung..." Gap Jin did not know what to say. He felt so worried for him.

 "Don't worry. I'm okay..." 

They stopped their exercises and Gap Jin sent Jong Kook back home to rest. 

"Hyung, do you want me to inform hyungsoo nim? I don't want to leave you here alone."

Jong Kook shook his head. 

"Andwae, Gap Jin ah..I promised Ji Hyo to give her some time and space to recover her body and mind. I don't want to disturb her."

"Arasso, hyung..If you have anything, just call me. I will be here at once." Gap Jin has no choice but to listen to Jong Kook.

"Orh..I know.." Jong Kook grits down his teeth as he endures the pain..

Gap Jin left their house soon after he has helped Jong Kook get dinner.

 

Jong Kook finished the dinner and he sits back on the sofa. 

He takes out his phone and scrolled to Ji Hyo's contact. He hesistates whether to call Ji Hyo. But he then remembers Ji Hyo can't talk..how can he call her?

In the end, he texts her..

"Yeobo, how are you today? Good? Do you feel unwell or anything? I'm at home right now after finishing exercise at the gym..." 

Jong Kook clasped his back as the pain continues seeping along his spine.

"I miss your accompaniment at the gym...When you recover fully, let's go to the gym, okay? When I was at home alone today, I felt so lonely without you.I miss your voice, your laughter, your everything. It feels like the house is totally different without you. But I won't force you. Once you are ready, you can come home any day...anytime..I will wait patiently for you to come back...I love you, Ji Hyo ah."

Jong Kook lies on the sofa and wipes away his tears. He was in terrible pain, not only physically but mentally....

 

 

                                ~~~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter