Chuseok

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://luvspartace.tumblr.com/image/143988232944 Edited it myself, if it coincides with any of y'all edited pic, pls tell me and I will remove it.

 

Ji Hyo's cold has recovered after she has took a good rest for the week.

And today is a special day. It is Chuseok, otherwise known as Thanksgiving day. Jong Kook's whole family is going back to their hometown to pay respect to their ancestors.

Jong Kook's parents come over to Jong Kook and Ji Hyo's house early to start preparations there before proceeding to Hapcheon, where their hometown is. 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo wake up early to help them to prepare food for the rituals.

"Yeobo..do you want to go to the room to get more sleep?" Jong Kook asks Ji Hyo as he sees her get busy with the things. 

"That's right..Ji Hyo ah. Don't make yourself tired preparing all these...Eomeonim can handle it with Jong Kook's help." Jong Kook's mother agrees with Jong Kook.

Jong Kook's father, who was sitting in the living room reading newspaper, stands up and walks to the kitchen.

"Ji Hyo ah..I'll take over you..You go to your room to catch more sleep. It's still 4am in the morning..." Jong Kook's father stands beside Ji Hyo to help out.

"Ani..abeonim..Today's an important day. I need to help eomeonim! It's my first chuseok in the family and I am the daughter-in-law..of course I need to help..." Ji Hyo answers as she continues.

"It's okay..Appa...Ji Hyo will know what to do.." Jong Kook tells his father.

"Okay..but let me help out also, so that my daughter-in-law will not get too tired..." Jong Kook's father offers his help. 

"Yeobo! Leave the cutting to Ji Hyo. Can you help me cook the rice cake?" Jong Kook's mother orders her husband.

"Neh! Yeobo..." Jong Kook's father says as he starts the cooking.

Jong Kook smiles seeing their whole family cooperate and cook together for the first time. Luckily, their kitchen is big enough that the four of them can be in the kitchen at the same time. 

 

Soon, as they got busy with the preparations, time passes very fast.. The morning sun rises and it was almost time to leave. Jong Kook gets the stuff they need to bring back to their hometown and loads it onto the car boot. 

Jong Kook's father on the other hand, prepares some things they will require for the long drive back and takes it into the car.

They soon set off their journey to Hapcheon. Jong Kook drives the car.

Ji Hyo and his mother sits at the backseats while his father takes the front seat. In the past, Jong Myung and his family will go with them but with Ji Hyo attending the ritual for the first time this year, the car will not fit all of them, so they go in separate ways. 

On their journey, they spend time chatting on interesting things along the way. Jong Kook's father and mother share stories about their hometown, especially to Ji Hyo who was new to it.

Soon, as they talk and laugh about the stories, Ji Hyo slowly dozes off like how she normally is...

Jong Kook looks at the rear mirror, and notices that Ji Hyo seems to be sleeping..

"Omma! Help me check if Ji Hyo is sleeping.."

Jong Kook's mother moves closer to peek at her. She signals to Jong Kook that she is asleep.

So, they talk softer, so that they will not wake her up. 

Jong Kook's father fixes his gaze at the rear mirror to look at Ji Hyo who is sitting behind him.

"Jong Kook ah..you have driven for two hours. Let me continue the drive and you can accompany Ji Hyo at the back. Her sleeping position seems quite uncomfortable.."  Jong Kook's father attentively observes that Ji Hyo's head is leaning on the window and she keeps hitting her head against the window when the car moves. 

"Appa..but there's at least two hours before we reach.." Jong Kook answers.

"Gwenchana..You can take a rest as well. Just stop at the next rest stop. We can exchange..."

"Neh..appa..." Jong Kook answers.

 

Soon, Jong Kook drives into the rest stop on the expressway. He gets out of the car. Then, Jong Kook's father suggests,"Jong Kook ah..why not you get some food from the stores inside...It's almost in the afternoon."

"Arasso!"

"Yeobo..what do you want to eat?" Jong Kook's father asks his wife.

"Some snacks will do, Jong Kook ah.."

Jong Kook nods.

"What about appa?"

"Same here..Get something for Ji Hyo as well...." He reminds his son.

"I know..appa..." 

 

Jong Kook hurries to the stores to buy some food for his family. 

He returnd later with bags of food. Jong Kook's father sits on the driver seat and take the driving. Jong Kook takes the backseat together with Ji Hyo and makes her sleep against his chest.

Ji Hyo wakes up soon after as the car moves..

She feels Jong Kook's chest.. "Yeobo...." 

"Orh..Ji Hyo ya..." Jong Kook pats Ji Hyo's head.

"Yeobo..aren't you driving?" Ji Hyo asks.

"Appa wants to change with me..so that we could let you sleep better.." 

"Hehe...no wonder I feel so comfortable..Gomawo..yeobo!" Ji Hyo pecks Jong Kook on his cheek.

She suddenly grins. 

"Wae..Yeobo?" Jong Kook was amused by how big her grin was.

"Yeobo! You bought food, is it?!!" Asked Ji Hyo with her eyes widened. Although she didn't see the bags of food, she smelt it. Indeed, a pregnant woman's scent can be so sensitive.

Jong Kook chuckles. "Kure..I bought you food..Are you hungry?"

"Neh!" Ji Hyo rubs her belly.

"Ah..jinjja? Here!" Jong Kook excitedly shows her the bags of food.

"What did you buy??" 

"Deng deng! Your favourite baked potato!" Jong Kook takes the cup of baked potato that Ji Hyo always buys when she drops by a rest stop.

"Wow daebak!!! Oppa!" Ji Hyo gasps in surprise.

"Omma..Appa..I have bought you all snacks as well. Quickly eat while it's warm!" Jong Kook passes one of the bag to the front.

"Gomawo..Jong Kook ah.." Jong Kook's mother answers as she takes out the food and feeds her husband with it.

Jong Kook turns back to Ji Hyo, who was staring the potatoes in his hand. He chuckles.

"Aigoo..yeobo..what are you waiting for? Quick have some!" He picks a potato and feeds Ji Hyo with it..

"Mmm...it's so nice! Oppa, have some too!" Ji Hyo feeds Jong Kook back lovingly..

"Neh! Gomawo!" Jong Kook grins to Ji Hyo.

"Want to have some drinks? I bought your favourite americano..." Jong Kook takes the drinks from the back.

"It's okay..oppa...I can just drink water...Where's the water?" Ji Hyo looks behind the seats. She didn't want to drink too much caffeine now that she's pregnant.

"Or you want milk, Ji Hyo ah? I bought a carton..."

"Milk? Okay! It's healthier for our baby!" Ji Hyo smiles as she gulps down the milk in no time.

 

After a few hours, they reach Hapcheon. But before they head to their hometown, they need to go up a hill to pay respects to Jong Kook's grandfather.

They alight at the foot of the hill as the car cannot continue the drive up. 

"Ji Hyo ah...I think it is better for you to stay inside the car and wait for us here. We will return quickly." Jong Kook's mother tells Ji Hyo, worried as they need to climb steep and slippery hills.

"Ah..eomeonim..andwae...I need to follow you all to pay respects to harabeoji.." Ji Hyo says while looking at Jong Kook.

Jong Kook holds Ji Hyo's hand. "Yeobo..I'll hold onto you..we walk slowly neh?"

"Neh..Abeonim..eomeonim..let's go.." Ji Hyo reassures Jong Kook's parents.

 

They start their climb and Jong Kook carefully leads Ji Hyo up the mountain.

Within a few minutes of hike, they reach the tomb of Jong Kook's grandfather.

They clean the tomb and set the offerings on a table.

Then, they bow to the ancestor's tomb.

It was the first time that Ji Hyo visit the tomb as a daughter-in-law, so Jong Kook's father takes the intiative to introduce her.

"Appa..this is Jong Kook's wife, Ji Hyo. They have been married for almost a year already."

"Harabeoji...this is my wife..Ji Hyo...She's very pretty, right?" Jong Kook says to his grandpa while smiling at Ji Hyo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter