Counting down: One day to wedding!

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

30 December- One day to wedding

Time passes as fast as a speed of lightning as the couple prepares for the wedding. In the past week, Jong Kook accompanied Ji Hyo to the salon to fix their hair as well to get a rejuvenating facial and massage.

And today was another day of filming. The producers scheduled filming on two consecutive days because Jong Kook and Ji Hyo would be busy with their honeymoon next week.

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo arrived at a hotel, which is the designated set together..

"Jagiya, I'll go prepare first. See you later!" Ji Hyo cheerfully informs Jong Kook before she goes to find her stylist. 

"Neh, jagiya. I will miss you!"

Ji Hyo turns to smile at Jong Kook. "Miss you too!" She mouths to Jong Kook.

 

The Running Man members were all informed that today would be a new-year special episode although the producers have not revealed the theme for today. 

Jong Kook's stylist, Cody approached Jong Kook. 

"Oppa, this is the outfit you will wear for today." Cody passed a tuxedo to Jong Kook. 

"Wow, it's going to be so formal today?" Jong Kook starts to be curious about today's filming. 

"Neh, oppa. This is the instructions given... Oppa, pali change. We have only twenty minutes to style your hair." Cody looks at her watch anxiously. 

After Jong Kook finishes his preparations, he walks to the set. He sees that the cameras are set up inside the ballroom. However, the other members are gathered in the hotel lobby downstairs. 

Jong Kook decides to look for them downstairs.

"What's the filming today about?" Jong Kook approaches Jae Suk, who was also dressed smartly in his navy blue tuxedo. 

"No idea. The producers are so secretive, even I do not know what the theme is today..." Jae Suk shrugged his shoulders. 

"Hyung, maybe some big guests are coming. We always dress up so well in these occasions." Kwang Soo interrupts.

Jong Kook mulls over Kwang Soo's deduction. Perhaps he's right... He silently thinks. 

The producers then called for their attention. "Everyone, we are starting immediately because we are short of time. Please gather at the small table. We will make our way to the ballroom from here."

 

Jong Kook looks around anxiously. Ji Hyo is still not present.....

He is about to ask when Kwang Soo does so before him. "PD, where's Ji Hyo noona?"

"She must be getting ready. I will call her stylist to take her to the ballroom later."

 

Soon, the FD calls for the slate...

The members started to clap. And they did a grand bow as a greeting to the viewers for the new year. As usual, Jae Suk takes the lead to wish the viewers at home a happy new year just like the usual new year specials. 

The producers prepared grape juice for them and the members took the glasses and wishes each other a happy new year. 

As they were drinking, a group of masked men suddenly appears. They ran towards the members to cover their eyes with eyemasks. 

"Where are we going?!!" 

"Why are our eyes covered?!!"

"Are we getting kidnapped?!! Andwae!" The dramatic Kwang Soo continues...

The members are being led away to somewhere.

 

On the other hand, Ji Hyo was by herself in the ballroom as instructed by the producer. She was dressed prettily in a gown. 

The filming starts...

"Annyeonghaseyo! I wish everyone a happy new year" Ji Hyo greets everyone and takes a bow. 

"PD, where is everyone?" Ji Hyo asks. 

"Ji Hyo sshi, today is a wedding race. You will be allocated a groom later. We have female guests to join us. So let's welcome them. You have seen or known all of them..."

"Neh. Everyone, come in!" Ji Hyo calls out to the guests for today. Ji Hyo was surprised to see the special guests. All of them were wearing gowns as well.

"Oh! Unnie, annyeonghaseyo!" Ji Hyo welcomes all of them. 

"Okay, everyone. This are the rules for today. All the brides cannot speak or make noises while the groom will be blindfolded throughout the whole episode. You will wear a couple mitten with the groom throughout. You will need to lead them through the missions without talking, only through simple gestures, such as patting. For some missions, you can communicate through paper. The PD in charge of you will communicate with the groom on your behalf. The groom will get clues of you which you will provide only after they win the respective games later on. The groom will then guess the identity of his bride at the final location. If any bride attempts to reveal their identity to the groom before that, they will be eliminated for the final mission. Is that understood?"

"Neh!" Ji Hyo and the female guests eagerly replied. 

 

Then, together with the guests, they proceeded out of the ballroom.

The male members were given the same instructions after they were brought outside the ballroom. 

The females faced their backs at the males. 

"Okay! So we will start with the pairing of the grooms to the brides." The PD announced. 

"Since the grooms cannot see, I will tell you that today's brides are absolutely pretty in the wedding gowns they are wearing now. All of you have seen or known them very well."

"This is a real blind date! We are blind now!" Kwang Soo interrupts being excited about it. 

Everyone shudders at his lame joke..

Jong Kook, however was nervous as he bit his lips. What if the bride wasn't Ji Hyo? But somehow, he has to get today's filming done, so he throws all his concern away. 

"Okay! So let's start now."

The masked men lead the guys behind their respective brides.

 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook's hearts pounded rapidly...

The brides were asked to turn behind.

Ji Hyo gradually turns..

Everyone broke into smiles seeing their groom. And Ji Hyo's smile was exceptionally bright... Because her groom was Jong KookThey then wore the couple mittens on each of their hand.

"Everyone, now you will walk down the wedding aisle with your partner. Our games will be held in the ballroom." The PD instructs. 

The 'Wedding March' played in the background... 

Ji Hyo hooks her arm around Jong Kook's, just like all the brides did. She led him slowly down the aisle.....

She grins as they walked down the aisle. It seems like a rehearsal for their wedding tomorrow. But too bad, Jong Kook doesn't know that she is his bride for now...

 

After they reached the front, they were asked to sit on the chairs while the PD explains the first game. 

"Everyone, the first mission: Limbo with your partner."

"The groom will princess-carry his bride to pass through this stick here. The bride will have to guide him along using methods except talking. The bride can communicate using the PD. Remember the rules I told you all earlier: No revealing of identity."

"So five minutes of discussion starts now!!"

 

All the couples went to a secluded corner on their own to discuss their strategy. 

Ji Hyo brings Jong Kook aside...

"Annyeonghaseyo. Although I don't know who you are, let's work hard, okay?" Jong Kook started. 

"Neh." Ji Hyo writes on the whiteboard and shows it to the PD in charge of them...

"This is what I think...Since you cannot talk, you can guide me by patting me on my shoulder..." Jong Kook starts his coaching. 

"Example, tap me once if you want me to bend further down, twice to go straight. Is it understandable?" Jong Kook kindly e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter