Plan in action

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo's POV

"Ji Hyo ya, so do you want to be my girlfriend?" Chang Joo repeated the question.

I was speechless.

The Chang Joo in front of me was not the one who I would always share my troubles with. This Chang Joo became a complete stranger...

 

At that moment, I have decided.

To seek justice for the harm Chang Joo inflicted on us, I need a plan to make him reveal his misdeeds himself. 

It is impossible to find evidence against Chang Joo since he has meticulously planned the accident that day. And given that Chang Joo had wide connections and has the resources, it is easy for him to get away with it without any concrete evidence in our hands. 

 

Therefore, the best way to do that is to play along with Chang Joo for the time being.

To gain his trust and betray him at the end...

 

Finally, I answered.

"Oppa, I know your feelings for me. I have liked you in the past, but for now can you give me some time? To forget Kim Jong Kook completely so that I can love you again?" 

 

Chang Joo was so ecstatic that he punched his arm in the air. "Ji Hyo ah, I know that you would think this way!" He said elatedly. 

He held both of my hands and I did not avoid it.

My thoughts then: Hope that my plan can work...

 

Soon, I sent Chang Joo out of my house with the excuse that I was tired. 

I returned to the living room. I wanted to call or text Jong Kook badly.

 

The phone screen remained at Jong Kook's contact....

I bathed and went to bed after cleaning the mess Chang Joo has created...

I could not muster my courage to call Jong Kook. I was scared that my instinct was wrong...

 

Jong Kook's POV

My hands were shaking tremendously while I tried to open Ji Hyo's door.

The keys dropped to the ground as a result of my panickedness.

 

I picked up the keys. Then, there was no more sound...

Ji Hyo should be alright, I silently thought.

I continued to stay outside the door to check if there was any more commotion. 

 

Soon, a chime of keys sounded. It seemed that someone was coming out.

I rushed into the door of the emergency exit to hide. I peeked through a small slit in the door. 

Chang Joo and Ji Hyo walked out of the door.

Ji Hyo said,"Oppa, I'm tired. Can we talk next time?"

Chang Joo replied,"Neh. Arasso." He bade goodbye to Ji Hyo.

 

The door closed and there was the sound of footsteps towards the lift. And soon, silence...

 

I exited the emergency exit.

After making sure that Ji Hyo was alright, I proceeded home...

 

The next day...

My alarm rang several times. I pushed the snooze button of my alarm clock repeatedly whenever it rang. I could hardly open my eyes after the long day yesterday.

I rubbed my red puffy eyes, which were slightly swollen from the lack of sleep and the incessant crying on the Pohang beach yesterday.

 

I reached out for my phone on my bedside. I my phone. It was already nine in the morning. I was late for running man recording.

Today's recording today was exceptionally held on a wednesday to fit the guests' schedule. All of a sudden, I heard furious knocks and shouts on my door.

I dashed towards the door to open it. Gap Jin was standing outside and he was annoyed.

"Hyung, why are you still in bed? I have been waiting for you in the car thirty minutes ago." Gap Jin scolded.

I apologised and quickly changed and left the house.

 

In the car, Gap Jin handed me a pair of sunglasses when he drove. "Hyung, your eyes look awful." He commented.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Indeed, it was. I wore the sunglasses to cover my swollen eyes...

 

Ji Hyo's POV

The female guests and I were standing in the building at which the filming was situated.

I looked outside the building. All the running man members were already present except Jong Kook. Jong Kook was not in sight. He was never late for filming.

 

Then, his car appeared on the roadside. Jong Kook alighted his car and ran towards the guys.

"Jong Kook ah, why are you so late today?" Jae Suk nagged Jong Kook for his tardiness.

Immediately, he apologised to everyone, "Mianhe, there was a traffic jam."

But, I knew that it was not true. This was just an excuse he gave.

Jong Kook started scanning around the filming set.

"Ji Hyo haven't arrived?" Jong Kook asked. Everyone shrugged their shoulders since they didn't know the females are inside the building waiting for the recording to start.

 

Jong Kook then hastily proceeded to change. His stylist handed the clothes he was going to wear. Jong Kook took the clothes in his hands and he removed his sunglasses.

His eyes were puffy. He must have cried, I thought.

 

A few minutes later, the floor director called for the slate.

Today's opening started with the guys sitting on the seats where their names were scribbled on.

Then, the female guests and I were supposed to exit the building and go to our allocated partner. 

 

I sat in front of Suk Jin. Jong Kook was sitting in front of APink's Bomi.

The guys later took their turns to open the blinds that were blocking their sights.

Jae Suk with Soyou, Jong Kook with Bomi, Gary with Seolhyun.

 

When Suk Jin was about to pull the blinds, Jong Kook stood up to peek to our side.

He saw me in front of Suk Jin. He clapped and cheered, signalling to Suk Jin that his partner was very good. He together with the other members praised that I looked the youngest. 

I could not bear it but laugh at their 'compliments' behind the flowers which was covering my face. 

Suk Jin then rolled up the blinds.

I called out cheerfully, "Oppa!"

 

After the grouping, I stood next to Jong Kook...

The producers gave the instructions for today's filming. And in the process, Guk Joo gave some comments about Kwang Soo that made us laugh badly. 

Jong Kook went to the front but soon he came back laughing together with me.

We then chose the restaurant we wanted to go to and headed off to our individual locations for filming. Jong Kook went with Jae Suk and I went with Gary.

 

Jong Kook's POV

We separated to the various locations for filming subsequently. 

 

Later, everyone gathered back at the waterpark. Ji Hyo walked beside me as we were proceeding to the next mission. 

 

The next mission is the rice bowl game, which required us to throw the members of the opposing team out of the giant-sized bowl. 

Ji Hyo's team and my team played first. After minutes of dancing, we started.

At first, I was standing there, not knowing what to do seeing the others pulling Jae Suk around.

Then, Gary was dragged towards the corner and I helped out. But the music started, meaning that we cannot oust anyone at this time. 

I faced the other side. I looked back at Ji Hyo. She seemed to be tired and was bending down. But soon, she stood up and continued dancing when the music started.

 

Once the music stopped, I tried to throw Suk Jin off the bowl but to no avail. Ji Hyo was standing behind me,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter