The sense of insecurity

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is updated earlier to celebrate the birthday of Ji Hyo! Happy 35th birthday, Ji Hyo unnie!

 

Jong Kook's POV

It was a few hours since Ji Hyo left. But she haven't called me as she promised. I tried to call her. There was no answer...

I sat in the sofa of my living room, thinking of what she was doing then.

 

Then, a call from Ji Hyo came in. Gary was on the phone and he told me that Ji Hyo was in Hongdae. She did not proceed home...

 

Immediately, I rushed to Hongdae. At the club, Ji Hyo was already drunk. Gary was beside her. I asked Gary about what happened. Gary told me everything. 

As what I have been worrying about, Ji Hyo was troubled because of the quarrel with my father just now. 

 

I drove Ji Hyo back to my home. I glanced at Ji Hyo who was still sound asleep. 

I knew Ji Hyo felt insecure about our relationship after hearing what my father said... that she went to drink.

At that very moment, I was at a loss. What can I do to assure her that I was alright? 

 

I reached my home. After parking the car, I came to Ji Hyo's side to carry her. Ji Hyo was slightly less drunk now. 

"Oppa, I can walk by myself." She said. 

Therefore, I side-hugged her to support her as she walked unbalanced. 

 

However, Ji Hyo suddenly ran to the side of the pavement. She threw up. I patted her back. "Ji Hyo ya, gwenchana?" 

She nodded. 

 

Later, we continued our way back my home. 

I let Ji Hyo rest on my bed while I got her some warm honey water to ease the effects of the alcohol. 

"Ji Hyo ya, why did you drink so much?" I passed the water to Ji Hyo. 

Ji Hyo drank it silently..

And she forced out a soft "Mianhe..."

I sat beside Ji Hyo quietly. 

I did not want to force Ji Hyo to tell me what she was thinking as it would give her the unnecessary stress. 

 

"Ji Hyo yah, you take a rest first. I'll do my stuff outside okay?" I notified Ji Hyo before I left the room. 

I went to the kitchen to cook something to cure Ji Hyo's hangover and did some housework... 

As I was doing my stuff, I brooded over the issues... My father and Ji Hyo... I felt awful being stuck between the two people who are as important in my life. 

However, no matter how hard it would be, I was determined to get my father's understanding and keep my love for Ji Hyo. 

 

Hours later, Ji Hyo was awake. She came out of my room. Then, I was watching the tv. 

Ji Hyo sat beside me on the sofa. 

I turned to look at her... 

Ji Hyo was staring at me... 

 

"Wae, jagiya?" I looked away in another direction seeing how intense her stare was..

"Oppa, I'm ready to talk now." Ji Hyo said in a serious tone. 

"Jinjja?" I turned back to look at Ji Hyo. 

 

"Oppa, I admit that today I was rather frustrated by the events today so I went to drink."

I nodded and continued to listen attentively. 

"I am afraid that conflicts like this would happen again and I really do not wish to see you argue with your father over me."

"Neh, Ji Hyo ya. I understand how you feel." I replied. 

"Oppa, can you tell me what should I do? Now, I feel very clueless about our future. I don't know if we should continue on after knowing that your father objects to our relationship." 

 

I stayed silent...

 

"Oppa, your father is being rational just now. I really don't blame him for what he told me just now. He made me realise how selfish I was when I yearned for your love." 

"So, oppa. Can you truthfully tell me if you regret being with me at the expense of your career? No lies please?" 

 

Ji Hyo buried her face in her hands as she braced herself for her final question,"Oppa, if you are regretting, please tell me. I will be willing to let you go because I don't want to see you unhappy for your entire life being stuck between me and your father."

 

I was surprised at how straight-forward Ji Hyo spoke. She was clear-headed in her relationship, just like her personality.... 

 

I kept quiet and took a moment to register everything into my brain. My priorities and everything...

 

Finally, I sorted out my thoughts. Ji Hyo sat waiting for my reply. 

"Ji Hyo ya, mianhe. I did not expect that both of us would be discussing about this at this point of time." I began. 

"I know you are troubled over this, but I'm going to tell you this once and for all. I hope that we will not breach into this topic again." I stared deeply into Ji Hyo's eyes. 

"Ji Hyo ya, I have got my priorities right in place and all these would never change in the past, at the present, or even in the future"

"Family has always been one of the most important factor in my life."

"Friendship is the next... Last is my career." I grabbed Ji Hyo's hands.

"Running man to me is just a show. Even if it ended, it would only remain as a memory. A memory of you, Ji Hyo ya."

"To me, past memories are not as important. Memories will slowly disappear as time goes by. What's important is the present. To cherish the ones who are significant to me."

"And Ji Hyo ya, you are the one..."

"I would never regret quitting any show for you. Even if it means that my entire career would be gone, as long as you are by my side, I'm happy to be just an ordinary person."

 

I looked at Ji Hyo's hand and grabbed them tighter. 

"Regarding my father's objection, please don't worry. I am confident of getting his understanding as long his misunderstanding of you is cleared. My father is strict on the outside, but deep inside he is soft-hearted and would eventually give in if my stance is persistent enough."

 

I glanced up at Ji Hyo. Silent tears trickled down her cheek. 

I gave her an embrace.

"Ji Hyo ya, I feel your insecurity. But what I am going to tell you is that I will be willing to be by your side forever till death do us apart. Will you be willing to stay by my side forever as well?"

I managed to ask Ji Hyo this question, which I have never thought I would be asking her in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter