The initial objection

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook's POV

Despite my busy schedule, such as my solo concert in Shanghai, I still made it a rule to call or text Ji Hyo every day. 

Before and after the concert, I would stay in the hotel room and call Ji Hyo. Gap Jin seeing us me "Ji Hyo-sick" instead of "home-sick" started to tease me. "Hyung, I think next time you have to bring Ji Hyo everywhere even overseas so that you two can stick like glue together." 

I laughed,"Hahaha, Gap Jin ah, your suggestion is not bad." 

 

After I returned from Shanghai, I had to fulfill one of my promise I made with Ji Hyo-To bring her to my parents' house. 

 Earlier, I have called my parents to inform them that I would bring my girlfriend home. They were elated knowing that I was going to introduce my girlfriend to them. I was looking forward to their meeting. 

 

That very morning, I drove to Ilsan to pick Ji Hyo up. Ji Hyo was dressed to the nines. A pure white flowy maxi-dress, that was not revealing at all and the minimal makeup on her face... It perfectly shows the natural beauty of Ji Hyo that I loved. 

 

Ji Hyo boarded my car. 

"Jagiya, I miss you."  

"I miss you too, jagiya." I gave her a peck on her cheek.

"Seems like you took some effort to dress up, Ji Hyo ah." 

"Of course, I need to look nice in front of your parents. I'm so nervous..." Ji Hyo replied while rubbing her hands. 

"Wae wae." I held her hands. Her hands were slightly cold. 

 "Jagiya ya, don't be so stressed up about the meeting. You have met my mother before when she accompanied me to New York, isn't it? Why are you so nervous, dear?" I rubbed her hands warm while reaching for the glovebox(compartment in the passenger seat of a car).

 

I took out a scarf and laid it on Ji Hyo's lap. 

"Pali, jagiya. Put your hands under the scarf!" I instructed Ji Hyo. 

Ji Hyo obediently listened. "Neh, jagiya." I continued to warm her hands.

"Jagiya, let's set off. Or else we would be late." Ji Hyo told me. 

"Let's go!" I agreed and gripped the steering wheel. 

 

I drove back to Anyang. During the journey, we chatted about interesting things that happened when I was overseas. 

I told her about the question the host asked me during the concert. 

"Which running man member will you choose to be with if you were stranded in an island?" 

Ji Hyo followed on asking,"Who did you choose then?" 

"Well, I asked the host how long willl I be stranded for? Is it forever?" 

"What did the host say?" Ji Hyo asked. 

"6 months. So I chose Kwang Soo." I replied Ji Hyo. 

"Mwuh rah goo! Won't you miss me for these 6 months?" Ji Hyo said as she shook her head in disapproval. 

"Then, the host asked what if it is for forever. Do you know that many fans downstage were shouting your name? Song Ji Hyo! Song Ji Hyo!!" I exclaimed. 

"Jinjja!" Ji Hyo was shocked as well. 

"Neh, then I answered Kwang Soo." 

"Mwuh! You want to be with Kwang Soo on the island forever?!!" Ji Hyo exploded while she crossed her arms and peered out of the window. 

I glanced at Ji Hyo. "My MongJi, that's my answer and the fans downstage have answered it for me when the host asked. You know I was so happy that I smiled non-stop seeing the fans supporting us." 

 

Ji Hyo finally turned to look at me, and she pouted, saying"Yah! I don't want to stay in a stranded island with you."

"Mwuh rah goo!" I turned to look at Ji Hyo with my mouth wide open, pretending to act as if I was surprised. 

"Just joking, jagiya. Of course I will. Not only on an empty island, even outer space, I will go with you." Ji Hyo answered as she stuck out her tongue playfully. 

 

We soon arrived at my parents' house. Both of us alighted the car. I held Ji Hyo's hand and walked towards my parents' house. 

"Wow, your parents' house is so big!" Ji Hyo exclaimed as we strolled through the garden. We reached the main door. I rang the doorbell. 

Ji Hyo took in a big breath. She seemed exceptionally nervous. I squeezed her hand to calm her down.

 

My mother came to open the door for us. 

"Jong Kook, you are here." My mother said as she saw me first.

Her eyes then fluttered to Ji Hyo. "Oh, Ji Hyo sshi, welcome! Quickly come in!" My mother exclaimed. 

Ji Hyo first greeted my mother. "Hello, eomeonim."

 

I eagerly led her to the living room. 

My father was watching TV in the living room. Ji Hyo followed me behind to find my father. 

"Appa, I'm back!" I greeted my father. 

My father looked up at us, saying. "Oh, Jong Kook. You are here. Oh, Song Ji Hyo sshi, you are here." 

Ji Hyo greeted my father as well. 

My father smiled in return. 

Then, I officially introduced," Appa, omma. This is my girlfriend, Ji Hyo" I held up her hands. 

"Oh, so the person you told us on the phone is Ji Hyo sshi." My mother walked closer to us.

Ji Hyo politely nodded her head. 

However, my father's face darkened. He was quiet the whole time after I introduced Ji Hyo as my girlfriend. 

 

My mother then served us with refreshments and invited us to take a seat on the sofa. I brought Ji Hyo to the sofa. 

Ji Hyo presented the gifts she has prepared for my parents. "Abeonim, eomeonim, these are tonics for you two to consume." 

My mother was surprised that Ji Hyo brought gifts along. 

She immediately thanked her for her thoughtfulness. 

 

"Jong Kook's appa. Why are you so quiet? Please entertain Ji Hyo sshi, will you?" My mother reminded my father. 

My father looked at us,"Ji Hyo sshi, thank you for your gift. We appreciate it. Come have some drinks." 

Ji Hyo smiled widely as she thanked my father. She drank the tea that my mother has prepared.

 

We then started to chat freely. My father asked Ji Hyo about her career and her family. Ji Hyo shared about her recent drama and stories about her family. She cracked some jokes along the way and all of us burst out laughing. 

 

After that, my mother excused herself to prepare lunch for us. Ji Hyo suggested to help her out, but I stopped her. 

"Ji Hyo ya, stay here and chat with my father.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter