The revelation

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo's POV

I sat down on the sofa in Chang Joo's office.

"Oppa, we did not manage to carry out our date the other day, so shall we do it today then? I have a lot of stuff I want to do together with you."

Chang Joo nodded. He first requested secretary Jang to get a cup of americano for me. 

"Where do you want to go then?" He questioned. 

 

I sat closer to Chang Joo and grabbed his arm. "Oppa, I want to go to the amusement park. It has been a long time since I have been to one."

"Jinjja! Then I shall bring you there... Which amusement park?" 

"Lotte World." I answered excitedly.

 

I changed the venue of our date... I knew that Jong Kook would come and search for me out of worry. I could not let him ruin our plan.

 

"Let's go, oppa!" I hurriedly pulled Chang Joo up from the sofa. I held his hands and off we were heading to Lotte World...

I could feel that my phone was constantly vibrating in my handbag...Mianhe, oppa... I secretly turned off my phone...

 

Jong Kook's POV

I proceeded to the location of the date which I have discussed with Ji Hyo last night. The amusement park, which I have been to with Ji Hyo...

Since it was near, I reached in no time. I began to find Ji Hyo and Chang Joo in the amusement park.

I turned my head around repeatedly to spot Ji Hyo in the sea of visitors. 

I ran around the park. I passed the ride Ji Hyo liked the best. But she was not there.

I went to the carnival area. She wasn't there either. 

I searched the entire park. But there was no Ji Hyo and Chang Joo in sight.

 

Please, Ji Hyo... I cannot let anything happen to you again... I silently prayed as I continued to comb the area.

 

The search was totally futile. 

Ji Hyo and Chang Joo did not come here...

It suddenly dawned on me that Ji Hyo must have changed the venue...

 

Immediately, I called Kwang Soo. 

"Kwang Soo, hyung here. Where are you?"

"Hyung, I'm in Seoul. Wae hyung?"

"Kwang Soo ah. I need your help. I'm finding Ji Hyo in Everland now, but I couldn't find her. Could you go to Lotte World right now? I'm afraid that Chang Joo might harm Ji Hyo."

"Ji Hyo noona is with Chang Joo? Arasso hyung. I rush there to find her first. Hyung, pali eh?" Kwang Soo replied. 

"Neh arasso." I ended the call and headed towards Lotte World.

 

Ji Hyo's POV

We entered Lotte World. Lotte World was packed with visitors in the weekends. I clasped Chang Joo's hands. "Oppa, let's go ride the Viking?" 

Chang Joo readily agreed.

Soon, we were on the ride. The viking ship goes up to 5 metres and Chang Joo was a bit nervous because of his fear of heights. 

"Oppa, gwenchana?" I glanced at Chang Joo. "I'm alright, Ji Hyo ah." He replied. 

The viking ship then moved. I screamed at the top of my lungs. Seeing that Chang Joo was scared, I purposely clutched his hands tighter.

"Oppa, let's scream together!" I shouted. Chang Joo followed suit. 

The ride soon ended and Chang Joo appeared to be enjoying it...

 

"Ji Hyo ya, let's ride the carousel. The famous carousel featured in the Stairways to Heaven drama." He hooked onto my arm as we slowly made our way there together.

We rode on the horses which were side by side. We interlocked our fingers and smiled at each other as the carousel circles. 

 

At this moment, the Chang Joo sitting right next to me seemed to be the one I recognised. His hearty laughter was just like the Chang Joo twenty years back...

 

"Oppa, you look very happy today." I commented after the carousel ride.

"Neh, Ji Hyo ah. I am. We should have come to the amusement park a long time ago together. We did not have the chance to do so during high school." Chang Joo smiled..

 

I nodded. Indeed, this was a special moment for me. Coming to an amusement park with my first crush twenty years later...

However, everything has changed sadly after twenty years. As much I did not want to hurt Chang Joo's feelings with my plan, I had no choice. He already became a different person from who I knew twenty years ago.

 

"Oppa, let's buy ice-cream." I suggested and brought him to the store right beside. 

"One large cup of chocolate ice-cream, please." I ordered.

 

Afterwards, we went to an empty bench to rest. 

"Oppa, come have a bite." I scooped the ice cream from the cup and fed him.

"Ji Hyo ya, one for you too." He fed me a mouthful as well. 

"Wow, it's so sweet. But very delicious." I forced myself to smile brightly at Chang Joo.

Chang Joo saw my lips which were stained with chocolate sauce from the ice cream. 

"Wait, Ji Hyo ah." He retrieved his handkerchief from his pocket. 

"Ji Hyo, for you." He passed me the handkerchief while laughing at my stained face. 

"Ji Hyo ya, I did not know you were still unglam just like in the past." He could not stop laughing. 

"Mwuh!" I nudged him in his arm.

 

I wanted to wipe away the chocolate myself. But why not I...

I restrained myself from wiping it away. 

"Oppa, do you mind wiping it for me? I don't know where the stain is." I asked. 

 

Chang Joo took the handkerchief from me. He lightly helps to wipe the chocolate away.

Then, I held Chang Joo's hands. "Oppa, in the past, I have let you go once. But now, as I am sitting right beside you at this moment, I am thinking that perhaps it was a wrong choice I have made then. Maybe I should have stopped you from going overseas." 

Chang Joo stared at me. "Jinjja?" 

I nodded. "Oppa, I hope that it's not too late to say it now. But I really regretted my decision then..."

"Ji Hyo ya. I am regretful as well. But we can still get back to how we were twenty years ago, isn't it? So everything is still not late." 

 

I nodded... 

It's too late because we are not who we are today...I silently thought. 

 

"Ji Hyo ya, so do you want to develop our relationship further? We can date for a few months and when we are ready, we can get married." Chang Joo stared into my eyes deeply. 

As much as I wanted to reject him, I could not... I am just going to treat it as my acting lesson...

"Oppa... I really want to..." I mumbled. 

My final blow... 

I leaned towards Chang Joo. I initiated the kiss. 

Chang Joo's hands held on to the back of my head. 

I tried to break the kiss, being surprised that he suddenly grabbed my head. 

However, his grasp was tight and I could not... 

Soon, he released his hand and I retreated. I did not know what to say...

"Ji Hyo ya, this should be our first kiss, right? Not in the airport, but in the amusement park." Chang Joo joked. 

I laughed bitterly at his joke...

He then helped me wipe away the rest of the chocolate left on my lips.

 

It was almost afternoon when we finshed most of the rides. Chang Joo wanted to send me home. However, I refused, with an excuse that I asked my manager to fetch me.

He nodded and gave me a peck on my cheek. I smiled but once we separated to go in different ways, my lips lie into a thin morbid line...

At last, my acting ended. I hoped that Chang Joo would bite on the bait I have thrown...

 

Jong Kook's POV

I contacted Kwang Soo who was already in Lotte World. Since Lotte World was huge, I hurried Kwang Soo to go inside and start the search.

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter