The reconciliation

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook's POV

We arrived Chang Joo's restaurant in no time.

Chang Joo's restaurant was buzzing with patrons unlike the days when it was empty when we came. The waiter brought us to an empty private room.

We sat down. 

"Kwang Soo ah, why did you want to bring me here?" I questioned.

"To confront Chang Joo. You cannot let Chang Joo snatch Ji Hyo noona from you, hyung!" Kwang Soo explained.

I then asked,"Why?"

 

Kwang Soo stared in space hesitating whether to tell me. He refused to reveal Chang Joo's threats.

Kwang Soo ah, I already know everything... I silently thought. 

 

We ordered meals for dinner while waiting for Chang Joo to return to his restaurant after he ended his date with Ji Hyo.

After two hours, Chang Joo entered his restaurant and came to our room to entertain us.

"Guys, why are you here?" He asked as he sat on an empty chair.

 

I kept quiet, whereas Kwang Soo started talking non-stop.

"We are here to stop you from harassing Ji Hyo noona. Stop chasing her. She's Jong Kook hyung's"

 

Chang Joo broke into fits of laughter, and sarcastically commented,"Well, all of this would depend on who Ji Hyo chooses, isn't it? Why would she choose someone who has already suggested the breakup?"

 

I gulped down the red wine which we have ordered at that moment. I was trying to endure Chang Joo's sarcasm.

 

Kwang Soo who was the one most confused about the situation turned to look at me and asked.

"Jinjja hyung! You suggested the breakup?"

 

I nodded.. This was the truth that I could not deny.

"Hyung, why did you do that?" Kwang Soo patted me on my back.

"I just had to." I said as I continued gulping down another glass of wine. 

 

I stared at Chang Joo while pouring some wine into his glass.

He was secretly gloating over the fact that he had dominance over me with his threats.

 

Kwang Soo then asked,"So Ji Hyo noona is dating Chang Joo sshi?"

Chang Joo spoke up. "Ji Hyo has not accepted me yet. But I will tell you all once she has accepted me."

I then pretended to be depressed over Chang Joo's words and went on drinking another glass of wine. Kwang Soo halted me from drinking, but nevertheless, I carried on. One glass after another....

 

Kwang Soo's POV

"Hyung! Get yourself together!" I attempted to shake Jong Kook hyung out of his senses .

He was spouting nonsense now and refused to listen to my advices.

I have never seen him drink so much alcohol in his entire life...

 

"I'm an ex-boyfriend! I'm Song Ji Hyo's ex-boyfriend, Kim Jong Kook!!" Jong Kook hyung yelled in his supposedly drunken state.

He could not keep his balance when he stood up from his seat.

Later, a loud thud was heard. I jumped in surprise...

Jong Kook hyung slammed the restaurant table hard. The plates and glasses toppled. The entire table was going to get destroyed by him.... 

"I'm just an ex-boyfriend!...I am no one to Song Ji Hyo now!" Jong Kook hyung continued to make a havoc. He swept all the remaining plates and glasses on the floor with just a quick swipe from his arm. 

 

Jong Kook hyung fell to the ground. He was knocked out from the excessive alcohol he drank. 

"Hyung!" I shouted and helped him up. 

Because Jong Kook hyung laid on the ground, his hand was accidentally cut by shards of glass on the ground. 

 

Chang Joo, who was witnessing the whole scene while sitting at the side, advised me to bring Jong Kook hyung home.

I apologised for the mess Jong Kook hyung has created and quickly carried Jong Kook hyung on my back and left the restaurant.

I called Gap Jin and told him about Jong Kook's situation. Gap Jin was willing to send him home on my behalf.

 

Once Gap Jin arrived, I laid the asleep Jong Kook hyung on the seats behind the car. 

I was worried about him. I have not encountered with such a situation before. Jong Kook hyung looked pained about the breakup.

 

Why did he let Ji Hyo noona go?

Could he have been threatened by Chang Joo?

I mulled over the reasons for their breakup as I returned to my car.

Somehow, I felt that I needed to do something to let Jong Kook hyung decide to chase Ji Hyo noona back. I could not see Ji Hyo noona living unhappily with Chang Joo and leaving Jong Kook hyung heartbroken alone...

I called Ji Hyo noona. Ji Hyo noona was staying in her parents' house at Pohang that night. And I started planning for the reconciliation of Jong Kook hyung and Ji Hyo noona...

 

 

Chang Joo's POV

Seeing Jong Kook miserable about the breakup with Ji Hyo, I could not help but feel satisfied. As evident in how Ji Hyo reacted just now during our date, I can feel that she is slowly accepting me... 

However, I know that all things might happen at this moment...

Constantly dreading that Ji Hyo might leave me someday after knowing my threats to Jong Kook is not a long-term solution.

I have to stem any possibilities of reconciliation between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo.

And that will require a foolproof plan so that both of them have no chances of getting back...

 

After both Jong Kook and Kwang Soo left my restaurant, I called my secretary. 

"Secretary Jang, please get me all the information about Kim Jong Kook sshi. Everything, personal and public... I need it asap."

 

 

 

Ji Hyo's POV 

"Ji Hyo noona!" Kwang Soo called me late at night.

"Wae, Kwang Soo?" I asked.

"Noona, where are you?" He questioned.

"I'm staying overnight at my parents' home. Wae? I'm sleeping soon." I replied as I yawned endlessly.

"Arasso, noona. Goodnight!" Kwang Soo said and he ended the call.

 

I looked at myself on the mirror while applying my night cream.

I recollected what happened in the filming set earlier on...

 

Flashback...

Jong Kook blinked slowly several times... This was his usual sign of assurance. Just like he always encouraged me that I could do it using this facial language, he was telling me just now that what I was thinking was right and I should carry on with my plans...

I knew that my heart remained in Jong Kook's and his heart remained in mine. 

 

Hence, I decided to leave with Chang Joo then.

Chang Joo later brought me to an Italian restaurant. He booked the entire restaurant for me. 

He prepared a lot for the date. The food he ordered was fantastic, but I hardly had any appetite eating with him. The orchestra he arranged to play pieces of music was very professional, but it ruined my mood.

 

Throughout the dinner, we found topics to chat about. 

Then, Chang Joo brought up today's filming. "How's your filming today?" He questioned as he reached out his hand and touched mine. 

"Okay, it was fun." I replied.

"Is Jong Kook sshi in your team today?" He later asked. 

"Neh, he is during the final mission." I answered. 

 

"So, he was stuck with you all the time?" He muttered under his breath.

"Well, you can watch the episode next week on TV. Then, you will know." I laughed as I replied. 

 

Chang Joo's expression changed drastically. A tinge of jealousy appeared on his face. 

Seeing that, I said, "Oppa, you know I'm just joking. We did the mission separately so we hardly had any interaction. Don't worry, oppa." I removed my hand which Chang Joo was touching and grabbed his hand instead. 

Chang Joo looked at me, surprised at me initiating the skinship. "Jinjja!" His smile gradually widened.

I nodded, smiling back. 

 

Deep in my heart, I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter