The cover-up

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo's POV

Chang Joo continued to stare at me as he waited for my answer. 

"Huh?" I hesitated. I placed my phone back on the table at my bedside. 

"My mother. I told her about what happened." I spun an excuse. 

"Jinjja?! What's her reaction?" Chang Joo then asked. 

"She was worried and wanted to come. But I stopped her since Pohang is quite far from Anyang." I lied. 

"Neh, arasso." Chang Joo grabbed my hand. "Take a good rest, Ji Hyo. I will be by your side. 

I nodded. I then closed my eyes to catch a wink. 

 

Some time later, I felt that Chang Joo released his grasp of my hand. I secretly opened a tiny bit of my eyes...

Chang Joo got my phone in his hands. He switched it on. He looked at my phone and was tapping on it. He seemed to be trying to unlock it. Luckily, I had my phone locked when I changed my wallpaper earlier today...

 

After several tries, he put my phone away. He failed...

I closed my eyes once again...

 

Chang Joo's POV

I entered Ji Hyo's ward. Ji Hyo was talking on the phone. She stopped when she saw me. "Oppa" was her last word. Could she have called Jong Kook? 

I was suspicious seeing Ji Hyo tensed up when I asked her. 

 

Ji Hyo went to sleep. I wanted to check her phone log. But, her phone was locked. I tried some of the possible combinations.. Her birthday, her debut date... But I failed.

I stared at Ji Hyo who was sleeping soundly. My skepticism of Ji Hyo was strong. 

 

However, I was still confident about my plan that has been undergoing currently. It has been successful so far according to my secretary...

 

Ji Hyo's POV

I cannot fall asleep...

I was unsure if Jong Kook would act rashly and dash into my ward in anytime.

 

I opened my eyes. Chang Joo saw me awake. "Ji Hyo ya, why are you awake? Continue to sleep." He instructed. 

I shook my head. "No, oppa. I want to check my phone if there are any unread messages..." 

 

Chang Joo passed my phone to me. I unlocked my phone and looked at the messages. 

One from Kwang Soo: Noona, where are you? How are you today?

 

Yes! A solution! I silently thought. Kwang Soo could help out to be our cover, just like how he always did. 

I hastily texted Kwang Soo: Noona is in hospital now. I am injured. 

Kwang Soo called me immediately. 

"Yeoboseyo. Kwang Soo ah. Noona is in hospital now. Wae? Which hospital?  Anyang hospital. Arasso..." I ended the call. 

 

Chang Joo was curious why Kwang Soo called. I legitimately showed him Kwang Soo's message and my reply.

Chang Joo nodded in response. 

"Oppa, Kwang Soo would be visiting me later. Why not you go home first? I will call you." I suggested. 

I did not want Chang Joo to meet Jong Kook if he comes later.

Chang Joo agreed,"I will wait for him to come before I leave, okay?" 

I nodded. 

Around two hours later, Kwang Soo reached. As predicted, he did contact every Running Man member and all of them came with him. I peered behind everyone. Jong Kook was alone standing at the back. 

 

"Noona! How are you?" Kwang Soo shouted as he ran towards my bedside. 

"Please don't greet me so cheerfully like that!" I . 

"Aye, noona!" 

Everyone laughed.

Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Gary and Haha gave words of concern. Jong Kook however stood at the back, silent. 

 

Chang Joo, seeing everyone was present finally decided to take his leave. "Ji Hyo ya, I'll go home first. Call me if you need anything, okay? I will rush here." He gave me a peck on my cheek. 

I almost jumped. Nevertheless I maintained my composure. "Neh, oppa. Gomawo." I held his hand. 

Chang Joo smiled and he left the ward. Jong Kook followed behind him and walked out.... 

 

Then, back in the ward, two pairs of curious eyes were staring at me. Kwang Soo and Jae Suk... 

"I'll explain to you two next time. Just pretend you know nothing..." I whispered to them.

They seemed to comprehend the situation and all of them continued to stay behind in the ward chattin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter