Time and space

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook got jolted awake in his sleep. He had a nightmare about what happened last night.

Jong Kook wipes his tears and he sits on the chair beside Ji Hyo as he brushes Ji Hyo's fringe aside from her pale and swollen face from crying.

He lands a kiss on Ji Hyo's forehead. "Ji Hyo ah, you are my ace. Please stay strong for our future, arasso? I will and am looking forward to the arrival of our another baby..." Jong Kook says softly..

A single teardrop slides down Ji Hyo's cheeks after Jong Kook's words. And followed by two..three..and an endless stream down Ji Hyo's closed eyes. 

"Ji Hyo ya..." Jong Kook tenderly wipes the tears dry from Ji Hyo's face. He knows that Ji Hyo has heard what he has said just now.

He leans his face against Ji Hyo's as he kisses her. 

"Stop crying, my love...I love you..I miss you.." Jong Kook whispers as his heart aches from seeing Ji Hyo cry..

Ji Hyo remains silent. She appears to be crying silently in her heart, although she does not show it upfront except through the silent tears...

She then turns her body away from Jong Kook and raised the blanket above her head. 

Jong Kook let her be as he continues sitting beside her bedside, staying beside her as she needs his accompaniment now...

 

It was almost afternoon when they were still in this state. Jong Kook meanwhile has informed his parents about Ji Hyo's miscarriage and they were making their way to the hospital. 

Before they enter the ward, Jong Kook first explains everything to his parents lest they show their disappointment in front of the grieving Ji Hyo.

"Kim Jong Kook! You..." Jong Kook's father shakes his head in sheer disappointment.

"Jong Kook ah..We have already reminded you to be careful in this period. Why did you let all this happen to Ji Hyo? It must have been saddening for Ji Hyo when she heard about the scandal despite you didn't do anything.." Jong Kook's mother reprimands Jong Kook outside the ward.

"Jong Kook ah! Your omma is right! Don't you know how difficult it is for your wife to get pregnant? And you..now...haish..how's she now? Our daughter-in-law.." Jong Kook's father was very concerned about Ji Hyo.

"I'm sorry..appa, omma..Ji Hyo is still crying since yesterday, she's still very sad about this..I'm really sorry..." Jong Kook answer as tears trickle down.

Jong Kook's mother pats his arm. "Jong Kook ah..don't cry anymore. You will affect Ji Hyo's emotions as well...You both should forget about this incident and let Ji Hyo recover first." 

Jong Kook wipes his tears and brings them into the ward.

 

They go closer to Ji Hyo who was resting. 

"Ji Hyo ah, are you feeling better already? Eomeonim and Abeonim are here to see you..." Jong Kook's mother pats Ji Hyo on her shoulder. 

Ji Hyo smiles weakly. "I'm feeling better already. Gomawo, abeonim and eomeonim for visiting me..."

"You are like our daughter...Why say thank you?" Jong Kook's mother pats her head. 

Ji Hyo begins crying even though it has stopped earlier...

"Oh! Ji Hyo ah, don't cry..Crying is bad for you..especially in this recovery period.." Jong Kook's mother exclaims. 

"Neh. Ji Hyo ah..Listen to your eomeonim. You need to rest well at this period. Your health is most important..." Jong Kook's father pats Ji Hyo's back to comfort her.

"Abeonim, eomeonim...Mianhe...I..lost..the..baby...You two wanted a grandchild so badly but..." Ji Hyo gasped between crying..

"Gwenchana, Ji Hyo ah..." Jong Kook's mother hugs Ji Hyo.

"You can still have babies, isn't it?" 

Ji Hyo nods.

"Jong Kook ah, can you care for your wife more? She is crying so badly, yet you are still standing there..." Jong Kook's mother scolds Jong Kook. 

Jong Kook goes forward and pats Ji Hyo's head. "Ji Hyo ah, listen to omma, alright?" 

Ji Hyo flings Jong Kook's hand away from her head. 

With tears welled up in her eyes, she coldly says,"I will be fine..."

Jong Kook moves away from Ji Hyo. His eyes didn't leave Ji Hyo for any moment...

 

And afterwards, the running man members heard about the news and came to the hospital to visit Ji Hyo and Jong Kook...They comforted Ji Hyo about their loss. 

Jae Suk in the meantime, talks to Jong Kook outside the ward. 

"How did it all happen? After the filming and this happens?" Jong Kook nodded. 

"I went for a gathering with Jung Nam hyung......" 

Jong Kook explains everything to Jae Suk.

"You must have felt awful..." Jae Suk comforts Jong Kook. 

"I am pretty fine now...I have to brace up for Ji Hyo, isn't it?" Jong Kook chokes up.

"It's okay, Jong Kook ah. What's important is that Ji Hyo is well..." Jae Suk pats Jong Kook's back as Jong Kook tries to control his sadness...

 

They returned to the ward. Ji Hyo seems much cheerful with the running man members.."Noona! Please don't cry anymore. Your eyes look like goldfish already!!" Kwang Soo jokes. 

"Jinjja?!" Ji Hyo smiles while laughing. 

As she notices Jong Kook return into the ward, her smile disappears. She looks closely at Jong Kook. 

Jae Suk comes to Ji Hyo. 

"Ji Hyo ah...I hope you will take the loss in your stride, okay? If there is anything, tell me. Oppa will be here for you."

Ji Hyo smiles.."Gomawo, oppa."

 

The day after, Ji Hyo gets discharged from the hospital. Jong Kook helps her with the procedures, whereas Ji Hyo's parents help her with the miscellaneous stuff. 

As Jong Kook returns to the ward, Ji Hyo was ready with a change of clothes. 

"Ji Hyo ah...Let's go home, shall we?" Jong Kook holds Ji Hyo's hand.

"Oppa, I want to go back to my parents' home." Ji Hyo lets go of Jong Kook's hand.

"Can..Can I follow you back?" Jong Kook mumbles softly.

"Mianhe...Oppa..Can you give me some time and space? I really need it..." Jong Kook understands what Ji Hyo meant. She wants to stay alone for now.

"Arasso, Ji Hyo ah...Please take good care of yourself while you are at your parents' home." 

"I will..Omma will be there..." Ji Hyo softly answers. 

"Love, are..you..still angry at me?" Jong Kook tries to maintain his composure as he asks this question. He was afraid that Ji Hyo would burst out and said yes, and said she was angry because of his actions.

Ji Hyo was silent..After these few days of grief, she still couldn't bring herself to forgive Jong Kook. Although she knew he wasn't to be blamed for everything, she was still upset that he left her alone, he couldn't trust her..or else things wouldn't get to this state..

Ji Hyo took her bag from Jong Kook. Without answering to his question, she walks out of the ward, leaving Jong Kook behind. Jong Kook follows after Ji Hyo, but he just walks behind her... 

 

Ji Hyo's parents came to fetch Ji Hyo home.

Ji Hyo boards the car without saying a goodbye. Jong Kook stands right in front of Ji Hyo's window. He bares a smile, and waves goodbye to Ji Hyo. He knew that she may not want to look at him, but he still did it......

 

Jong Kook returns to his own home..The house was immensely quiet without Ji Hyo. He first cleans up the house before he takes a rest in their bedroom. He lies on their bed.

In their huge house, he has never before felt that lonely before...

He grabs onto Ji Hyo's teddy bear, the one that he won for her during their dating times. Ji Hyo always loves to hug this bear, because it's of a sentimental value to her..

Jong Kook hugs tightly onto the bear. Ji Hyo's scent on it makes him misses her more even though he just saw her just now. The fur of the teddy bear slowly gets damp...

 

 

Inside the car, Ji Hyo looks at Jong Kook wave goodbye to her through the tainted glass windows...

She wiped away the tears which were falling.

She was in very great pain..

She wanted to run into her husb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter