Promise

Paradise

*Sungyeol POV*

“Lee Sungyeol...” He breathed. My eyelids fluttered open at the sound of that beautiful voice, and found his face just inches from mine. I stared deep into his hazel brown orbs and smiled. “Hmm?” He pulled me to sit in between his legs with my back resting on his muscular chest. He wrapped his arms around me, buried his face in my hair and inhaled deeply. “I promise you. That we’ll be together forever. I won’t ever leave you.” I chuckled softly and intertwined my fingers with his slender ones. “You’d better keep to that promise...” He turned me around so that I was facing him. He looked at me seriously and whispered, “Of course. Why would I ever wanna leave an angel like you? You give my life meaning.” I smiled and blushed. Aish... this guy can be so cheesy sometimes. I nodded and returned to our previous position, resting my head on his shoulder.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. My hair was standing up in all directions as I had just woken up from my afternoon nap, causing Myungsoo to chuckle, the vibrations running down my body. I shivered. He pinched my nose, leaving me grumbling about him making my nose red. “It’s okay baby, I like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer too” He cooed with a cheeky grin. I blew a raspberry and pouted, pretending to be mad at him. He nibbled at my ear. “Aww... Don’t get mad, Yeol-baby.” A smile crept onto my face. He knew that he was my weakness. Argh. I could never get mad at him.

Our fingers still intertwined, he pointed to the sun, which was slowly setting down the horizon, streaking the sky a beautiful combination of red, orange and pink. “You see that? The day the sun stops shining is the day I’ll stop loving you.” I blushed even deeper. “Yah. That’s dumb. The sun will never stop shining!” I reasoned. He gave me his famous eye smile, which never fails to give my stomach butterflies everytime, and huskily said into my ear, “So I’ll never stop loving you.” My face was completely tomato red by then. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent, which never fails to drive me crazy. I playfully slapped his chest. He winked at me. “Is that all you got? Weakling~” He stuck his tongue out at me. “YAH! HOW DARE YOU!!! YOU LITTLE-” And with that, I lunged at him.

After a full 10 minutes of wrestling, I managed to pin him under me and sat on him to keep him down. YESS!!! I smirked in victory. But then, he lifted me off him with ease, and switched our positions, pinning both my hands above my head. I groaned. This always happens when we wrestle. I struggled and squirmed under his body, and after a while, I accepted defeat and relaxed. There was a moment of silence between us. It wasn’t awkward though. It was more comfortable. The room was silent for a while, besides the sound of our soft pants. He stared deep into my eyes and I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks.  He leaned closer to me, so close that I could feel his hot breath tickling my face, sending shivers down my spine. Out of instinct, I closed my eyes. And our lips met.