Nerves

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

"Taengoo!" Taeyeon looked over to the person calling her name as she was walking over to her locker, but upon seeing who it was, an excited and nervous feeling became her...a feeling that has been around a since the day she met the girl. "Hey Taengoo are you busy this weekend?"

Taeyeon took out the book from her locker and thought if she did have any plans or not but she figured if she did have plans, she would cancel them for her, "I don't think so."

"Perfect! Me and Tiff are going to Seoul for some music concert. You want to come?"

Of course Taeyeon wanted to go. She liked music, she liked Tiffany, but more than anything she loved being with the girl standing before her right now, "That sounds cool."

The girl next to Taeyeon was now hopping up and down with excitement, "GREAT! I will tell Tiffany! Oh and we are staying two nights so tell your parents okay?"

Taeyeon gulped in nervousness and dropped her pen in the process of thinking of having not just one, but two nights in the same room as her, "no problem..."

"Oh you dropped your pen."

Taeyeon looked down to see what she dropped and bent down to pick it up but being the clumsy girl she was, poor Taeyeon ended up hitting her head on the locker,  "ow..."

"Oh my gosh! Taeyeon are you okay?"

Taeyeon waved her hand as if she was okay but deep down inside she was slapping herself for doing something embarrassing like that in front of her, "No worries."

"Really? That sounded like it really hurt."

"Really Sica I am fine, but I should go to class. See you at lunch?"

Jessica backed her hand away that was going to touch the clear bump on Taeyeon's head, "Of course. You should take better care of yourself Tae."

With the girl out of sight, Taeyeon grabbed her head in pain, “Aish...why in front of her?”

------------------------

Tiffany was busy eating lunch with Jessica, Sunny and Yuri when Taeyeon came over to join her group of friends, “TaeTae! Jess told me you are coming?”

Taeyeon placed her tray on the table before siting, “Umm yea. It sounds like fun.”

Her bubbly friend was so transfixed on the idea of having her two friends going with her to the music concert that she didn’t let the others at the table hear anything except the concert details. Taeyeon was trying to listen but her eyes automatically set on the girl across from her who was laughing at Tiffany’s excitement. Of course Taeyeon was staring so hard that she didn’t even noticed that she missed and the soup that was supposed to go in , went trickling down the side of her face until someone noticed and offered a napkin, “Tae are you okay? You umm have some soup...”

Taeyeon looked at the girl with a deep red face full of embarrassment as she took the napkin, “Ugh thanks Sica...I must have been listening and not noticed.”

“Well you should put the food in your mouth. You should eat well.”

Too humiliated to face Jessica, Taeyeon just ducked her head down and focused on her meal. Making sure not to miss again. At least not in front of her.

--------------------------

Taeyeon looked up at the clock noticing the day was dragging on much longer than expected. She was supposed to meet Tiffany and Jessica after school to head to Seoul and was b with excitement. In fact, since the day Jessica told her about this concert, Taeyeon had her bag packed. *Ring*

With the bell sounding, Taeyeon hopped out of her seat and went out the door to her locker. She practically threw her books into her locker and was ready to run over to find Tiffany or Jessica but a person scared her from behind, “Taengoo!” Taeyeon squeaked in pain when she accidentally slammed her locker into her fingers, “Oh my Tae! Is your hand okay?”

Waving her hand as if that would shake the pain off, Taeyeon slowly finished closing her locker, “I will be fine.”

Jessica wasn’t listening as she took Taeyeon’s hurt hand and looked at the clear red markings before slowly massaging the area, “Clumsy girl...”

Taeyeon was still in a ton of pain but the rapid beating of her heart with the girl’s touch was a great distraction from the throbbing pain, “Sorry...”

Jessica raised a brow, “Sorry?”

“You shouldn’t worry about me.”

Letting out a scoff of disbelief, Jessica took Taeyeon’s hand, “Come on, Tiffany is waiting.”

With her hand throbbing in pain, heart swelling from excitement, and the rapid beating in her chest, Taeyeon walked in a daze following Jessica who was leading her. She only noticed how the girl was so beautiful even from behind... “TaeTae! I see Jessica found you. Are you ready?”

“She hurt herself.” Jessica interrupted and showed Tiffany the hurt hand.

“Oh my! Are you okay? It looks very red.”

Taeyeon snapped her hand away from the prying eyes, “It is fine. Just a small accident. Shouldn’t we get going?”

Tiffany and Jessica exchanged glances before Jessica shrugged her shoulder and started walking out of the school. The three girls took the bus to the train station but had to wait another hour until their train came. “Here.” Taeyeon looked up at Jessica who was holding out a cold bottle of water, “For your hand. It will help it make it feel better.”

Reluctantly, Taeyeon took the water and held it in her hurt hand. “T-thanks...”

With a gentle smile Jessica didn’t have to say anything to continue to make Taeyeon’s heart melt.

 

Once on the train, Tiffany was near the window sleeping while Taeyeon was in the middle and Jessica on the far end. For the most part, Taeyeon noticed Jessica reading a novel. The girl seemed to like those teen drama books and could be seen reading those more than her schoolwork. Deciding the trip was a bit long, Taeyeon let herself sleep like Tiffany was doing. It would at least make the trip not seem so long.

“Taengoo...” Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes as she felt someone shaking her gently. However panic crept up on her as she felt something wet on her chin and a very soft fabric under her right cheek. Immediately, Taeyeon shot up and wiped the drool off her chin before looking at the wet spot she left on Jessica’s shirt.

“S—sorry,” fumbling around her bag, Taeyeon found some tissues and started drying off the spot.

Jessica started giggling at Taeyeon’s actions, “It is no problem. Not like you can control it.” Holding Taeyeon’s hand to prevent her from drying off her shirt, “Anyway, we are the stop after the next. We should get ready.”

Taeyeon looked up at the sign that told of the next stop and noticed theirs would be after the one that was slowly approaching, “Oh.” Looking over to Tiffany, Taeyeon noticed the girl was lost in her thoughts as she listened to music but she looked like she was ready to leave. “Did I sleep the whole way,” she asked quietly.

Jessica put her book in her bag before looking at Taeyeon, “Maybe you were tired from school?”

Taeyeon just nodded as she looked down at her fingers until the train signaled their stop was approaching. The three girls went to grab their bags to go to the doors so they could exit the train.

Tiffany spun around as she exited into the train lobby, “Seeoouul!!!”

Jessica and Taeyeon stood next to each other giggling at their friend’s excitement to finally be in the big city. “Come on it is late. Let’s go find our hotel,” Jessica chimed in.

Tiffany stopped spinning so she could grab Taeyeon’s hand, “Come on TaeTae leader Sica is being a buzz kill.”

“What? I am just hungry and we have all of tonight to enjoy the city.”

Taeyeon could only laugh at the two best friends already arguing although they just arrived.

---------------------------

Taeyeon looked down blankly at the large double bed, “Share? W—we have to share?”

Jessica stepped out of the bathroom when she finished putting her beauty products in there, “yea is that a problem?”

Taeyeon was blushing from head to toe with the thought that she had to share a bed with Jessica...and well Tiffany too. Tiffany patted Taeyeon’s shoulder making her jump, “What is the problem? It is big enough for us. Not like any of us take up that much room plus we can save some money.”

“Y—yea...” Taeyeon said as her voice shaked.

“Come on slow pokes! I need foooood!” Jessica whined near the door.

Taeyeon fumbled with her backpack trying to take out some unnecessary items for going out at night before throwing her backpack on, “Ready.”

Jessica smiled as she opened the door but noticed Tiffany was still in the bathroom reapplying makeup, “Yah! Fany get a move on it!”

Tiffany reemerged from the bathroom as she readjusted her purse, “So bossy Miss. Jessica.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes trying to imagine a weekend with the two friends that always argue, but wait...why would Taeyeon care? She had two full days with the one and only Jessica Jung. A little arguing by Tiffany and Jessica was no problem.

 

The three girls made their way out of the hotel looking at possible places to eat but the two of the three girls were desperate for anything but Korean food so they decided to take the subway to a commercial center of the city and find food.

“Ugh.” Taeyeon said as she ran into the bar that didn’t release when she applied her subway card, “Why won’t it open?”

Jessica saw Taeyeon struggling so she went back and flipped the girl’s card, “Wrong way Tae.”

Taeyeon blushed as she went through the barricade, “Uhmm my first time.”

Jessica giggled as the two tried catching up with Tiffany who didn’t see Taeyeon’s little mishap, “I guess I have to watch out for you so you don’t get lost in the city.”

Taeyeon blushed at the thought of Jessica staying one step closer to her.

Tiffany was looking up at the map before pulling the other two girls towards one of the train lines, “It seems we are close. Like 5 stops.”

Taeyeon looked up at the map too and counted the number of stops “Six.”

Jessica went dangerously closely behind Taeyeon making the older girl’s breathing slow, “Taengoo is right. Six.” As the train approached, Jessica backed away making Taeyeon finally catch her breath but her breath hitched once again when she noticed just how packed the train was. The three girls boarded the packed train and for some reason, Taeyeon naturally drifted to Jessica’s side.

An arm went around Taeyeon’s waist, “Taengoo come closer.”

Taeyeon’s heart beat was malfunctioning as Jessica maneuvered her to be between Jessica and the pole so they both could hold on for support if the train suddenly jerked or stopped. Logically, it was a good place for Taeyeon to stand but unknown to others, this proximity with her crush was making her nearly blackout with excitement. For some reason, the six stops it took to get to their destination were incredibly short.

 

The three girls breathed in the fresh night air as they left the underground into the bright lights of the bustling city. All were amazed at the big signs, crowded streets with people and cars. Which direction should they head first? “Over there!” Tiffany voiced.

Jessica nor Taeyeon had time to react as Tiffany pulled Jessica and in turn Jessica went to grab onto Taeyeon. The three girls went through the streets until they were in front of a very nice looking Italian café, “Jess this looks so pretty! Lets eat here!”

Not like it was really an option to eat anywhere else so the girls went in and got their seats. Tiffany was busy looking over the menu with Jessica whilst Taeyeon looked down at her empty hand, “She held it...”

“Tae? Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon looked up at Jessica, “Huh?”

“What do you want to order?”

Just then Taeyeon realized she hadn’t looked at the menu so she hesitantly said, “same as you.”

Jessica quirked her eyebrow, “You have a nut allergy. Mine has pine nuts in it.”

Taeyeon tried to hide her embarrassed blush behind the menu as she looked for something she could actually eat on the menu, “Alfredo please.”

“This place actually looks nice. I hope the food is good,” Jessica said to break the silence at the table.

Tiffany cupped her glass, “We will find out soon...by the way what did you girls want to do after dinner? Shopping?”

Jessica grinned at the thought of shopping, “I could use some new beauty products.”

“But you are so pretty already,” Taeyeon said under her breath but Jessica heard the slight comment making her stomach turn a bit in excitement.

“Ahh..umm so shopping Taeyeon?” Jessica said nervously.

Taeyeon looked up to the hopeful girls, “I-if that is what you want to do.”

“Okay! Shopping it is!” Tiffany said rather a bit loudly that the other customers looked their way making Jessica and Taeyeon look away from their friend as if they didn’t know her.

After some small talk related to school and friends, the food arrived and the girls dug in fast as their stomachs grumbled. However the careless Taeyeon started slurping her pasta causing the sauce to splash onto her shirt. In panic, Taeyeon took her napkin to try and get the stain out but it wasn’t something to be removed by a dry cloth, “TaeTae did you spill something?”

Taeyeon was cursing Tiffany on the inside for pointing out her problem, “Just a small stain...”

Jessica turned to look at the spot on Taeyeon’s shirt, “You should go to the bathroom and try and get it out.”

Abruptly, Taeyeon stood up but she knocked her knee on the table before limping off to the bathroom. Luckily for Taeyeon, it was a single bathroom that she could lock the door behind her, “Ahh why always in front of her?!” Taeyeon started cursing at herself for doing another mortifying thing in front of her crush.

*knock knock*

“Taengoo did you need some help? Also you hit your leg...”

Taeyeon stiffened at the thought that Jessica actually came over for such a small matter, “Everything is fine. Give me just a minute.” Turning on the water, Taeyeon took a napkin to soak it into the water so she could start rubbing out the stain.

“Alright. I will just go back to the table then.”

Although the stain wasn’t coming out, Taeyeon let out a sigh of relief that Jessica left her to get the stain out herself. After rubbing fiercely, Taeyeon looked up sadly that the stain didn’t come out but instead left a hideous wet spot in the middle of her shirt, “I look like...I look horrible.” Afraid that Jessica might come looking for her again, Taeyeon bit the inside of her cheek before exiting the bathroom and going back to the table.

Taeyeon felt like some kind of celebrity the way the girls at her table eyed her out from head to toe but stopping for a long time at the darker spot on her shirt, “Did it come out?”

Taeyeon looked down at her food sadly, “No.”

Tiffany reached over to pat Taeyeon’s hand, “Don’t worry. We can always buy a new shirt for you tonight too.”

Jessica nudged Taeyeon, “Yea Tiffany is right. We are going shopping anyways.” Taeyeon looked up and smiled. The two girls were so accommodating.

Thinking of only the stain on her shirt, Taeyeon remained mostly quiet the rest of the meal while Jessica and Tiffany held the conversation. Taeyeon liked it that way. She learned more about Jessica in the past 24 hours than she remembered knowing the girl the past 2 years. Tiffany had no problems telling all their secrets to Taeyeon and what went on in their little world while Taeyeon wasn’t there. It was nice becoming closer to these two girls and Taeyeon hopes that they can continue to grow closer even after this short trip.

“So full!” Tiffany patted her belly.

“Pig.”

Tiffany went to slap her friend, “Yah Jess you are too!”

Taeyeon giggled and tried to drag her friends away from the table before the waiting staff kicked them out for violence or being too loud, “You are both skinny so lets go.”

Jessica and Tiffany exchanged glances before walking out the door where the cool air hit them, “Oh. I don’t remember it being this cold,” Jessica exclaimed. Taeyeon wanted to put her arm around the girl but such intimacy would have been a little strange so Taeyeon could only walk beside the shivering girl. Every now and then Taeyeon would glance where one of the girls pointed but it took a while till Tiffany actually pulled them into a store.

Taeyeon went on her own to look around the store to see if there was a cheap shirt she could buy but every price tag looked rather expensive, “Humm the city is expensive.”

“No Tiffany just took us into an expensive store,” Taeyeon jumped a bit when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

“Jessica...where is Tiffany?”

Jessica pointed over her shoulder, “She really just came in here for that bag.”

Taeyeon looked over seeing Tiffany with a light pink shoulder bag, “Oh.”

“We can find you a new shirt at another store. Don’t worry.” Taeyeon smiled when she heard Jessica thinking about her.

“T—there’s no rush.”

Jessica looked down to the spot that was wet on Taeyeon’s shirt, “Humm I am sure you are cold. Come on we can tag-team on dragging Tiffany out of here.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Does she even have money for that purse?”

“No. I think she just wants to spend time with it.” Jessica let out a cute giggle.

“She could just take a picture. The memory would last longer.”

“I am sure she has already.” Jessica said as they approached their friend, “Tiff let’s go to another store. There is nothing we can buy.”

Tiffany pouted when she looked back down at the purse, “It is so pretty...”

Jessica reached over to read the price tag, “Omo not in your lifetime Tiffany.”

Jutting out her lip, Tiffany continued to pout as she reluctantly parted from the purse so the three girls could find a store that high school students could actually afford. “OH Taeyeon they say they have a sale!” Jessica said as she took Taeyeon’s hand to run off across the street.

“Are you seriously running away from me Jess!” Tiffany yelled from behind.

Meanwhile Taeyeon’s mind went blank when she felt Jessica’s fingers interlaced with hers. So lost that she didn’t move aside and her face went straight into the glass next to the door, “Ouch!”

Jessica let go of Taeyeon’s hand and went to aid the girl, “Taeyeon!”

Tiffany caught up, “way to go Jess! Are you trying to kill my friend!?”

Jessica was busy rubbing the spot Taeyeon hit her head, “Why would I do that! It was an accident!”

Taeyeon tried to brush aside her friend’s hands, “I was just careless.”

Jessica moved closer making Taeyeon’s heart beat faster and faster, as she examined the red mark on her forehead, “First your locker and now this...you are going to lose IQ points.”

Taeyeon crinkled her brow, “I am still smarter than you.”

Jessica laughed, “Not if you continue being careless.”

Taeyeon went to hit Jessica but the girl dashed into the store, “Yah Jung!”

Tiffany laughed as the two shorter girls went running around the store, “Aish we are going to get kicked out at this rate.”

Finally landing a light hit on Jessica, Taeyeon went stomping off to find the shirt section while Jessica was left standing in the spot Taeyeon just hit her laughing to herself. Tiffany was too busy looking at the ‘New Arrivals’ rack to care what her other friends were doing. When the girls finally found what they were looking for, Taeyeon changed into her new shirt and the girls noticed that the subway would close soon so they should go back to the hotel for the night.

 

Back in the safety of their hotel, the girls changed and got ready for bed. Taeyeon and Jessica had already washed their face and changed clothes while Tiffany was now in the bathroom taking a shower. Taeyeon sprawled on the bed looking for something on the television to watch while Jessica stood near the TV reading her phone. Taeyeon stopped flipping through the channels when she found some kind of comedy to watch. “Oh I like this show.”

Taeyeon looked over as Jessica sat closer and closer to her on the bed, “Umm yea. The show.” Noticing the low cut tank top and short shorts, Taeyeon eyed out every new piece of skin she never saw before. I mean between two girls this would be appropriate sleep attire but because Taeyeon had something for the girl, her chest tightened and she gulped trying to suppress some kind of ual fantasy that could invade her mind.

Lucky for Taeyeon, Tiffany came out of the bathroom to divert her attention enough for Jessica to go under the covers, “Oh Jess you like this show.”

“Taeyeon and I must have similar tastes.” Jessica said casually as she and Taeyeon continued to watch the show.

Another gulp of something similar to ual frustration occurred when Taeyeon felt Jessica slip closer and closer to her when Tiffany entered the bed. The other two girls didn’t catch the nervousness that Taeyeon was experiencing as Jessica’s leg and arm casually brushed against Taeyeon’s. It was pure agony to Taeyeon as she had the girl so close with her bare skin making connection to her exposed skin. On that cool night, Taeyeon was steaming with heat.

---------------------------------

Taeyeon looked down at Jessica flick her subway card while they waited on the train, “Humm so much room!” Tiffany exclaimed next to her. Jessica and Taeyeon already noticed the train was much emptier than the day before, but only Tiffany exclaimed the obvious, “I wonder how crowded the venue will be.”

Taeyeon looked over at Jessica who was deep in thought, “Anyone we know playing tonight?”

Tiffany looked down at Taeyeon showing a cheeky grin, “Of course! Today is the best day to go!”

“Humm then it might be busy if the bands are well known,” Taeyeon said as she shifted her gaze towards the door of the train.

Tiffany saw that Taeyeon wasn’t going to talk much so she shifted to nudge Jessica, “Yo why are you spacing so much today? Your favorite band is going to be on tonight.”

Jessica placed her card into her pocket as she smiled at Tiffany, “Of course I am excited. Just umm thinking of what we could have for lunch.”

Taeyeon looked up at the two girls, “Isn’t the venue next to the mall? It will be easy to find some kind of food.”

Tiffany went over to put an arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Ah see we brought someone smart along.”

Taeyeon shrugged Tiffany’s arm off her shoulder as she smiled at Jessica, “Don’t worry we can fill your stomach.”

Jessica was focused on Taeyeon as she smiled at the girl’s sincerity. However that shouldn’t be a surprise really, Taeyeon was always caring towards her friends. Something she always noticed about the girl.

Suddenly the train turned fast and Taeyeon’s grip on the pole faltered causing Jessica to reach out and catch her as she stumbled around, “Oh be careful.”

Taeyeon looked up at Jessica before backing away nervously, “I didn’t think—I mean I will hold on tighter.”

“You know a crowded train might be better so you don’t fall down,” Jessica said as Taeyeon made her way back towards the pole near the door. Taeyeon gulped at the memory from yesterday where she was so close to Jessica as the girl made sure she was able to hold the pole in such a crowded train. No—no that kind of situation might be worse for poor Taeyeon that was having trouble breathing around Jessica.

Tiffany walked closer to Taeyeon, “Jess this is our stop.” The girls waited for the train to stop before letting go of the bars so they could exit. Since the station was connected to a mall, this stop was especially crowded. Jessica reached out for Taeyeon’s hand, “I can’t lose you...”

Taeyeon looked up in amazement as her little head tried analyzing the simple words Jessica exchanged. Most likely wasn’t another meaning other than ‘Taeyeon you are short and I might not see you in the crowd’ but to a hopeful Taeyeon she could imagine Jessica saying ‘Because my heart beats so fast, I could never part from you.’ Yet again that goofy grin appeared on Taeyeon’s face with her fantasy of such words between the two being exchanged. Although that wasn’t the reality as the three girls skillfully went through the crowd and entered the mall above them.

Jessica’s hand parted from Taeyeon as they entered the mall. Tiffany saw the map and went to read it as Jessica and Taeyeon stood near the side waiting for their friend to figure out what direction they should head for something to eat. “Humm we should go up a level”

Taeyeon turned and went onto the escalator that was right next to them. No words needed to be exchanged to figure out where to eat as they eyed out the potential restaurants. Tiffany and Taeyeon were not as hungry as Jessica so they just watched as the other girl went for something she wanted to eat “BBQ?”

Taeyeon could already smell the meat sizzling on the grill, “Mmm smells nice.”

“BBQ it is!” Tiffany said as she went up to the hostess desk, “3 people.”

The restaurant was casual and had a flair of childness but the meat was tender and the girls ate every last piece of meat that was placed on the grill. Overall, it was a great meal and Taeyeon was thankful that nothing strange happened like at the other restaurant the night before. However, Jessica was banned from touching the meat when she nearly burned herself.

 

Taeyeon looked down at Jessica’s hand that got hurt during the meal, “Sica...”

Jessica looked up at Taeyeon, “Yes?”

Pointing at the hurt finger, “You are okay right?”

Jessica noticed Taeyeon’s eyes, “It is no problem. If you can handle getting your fingers smashed into a locker, this is no problem.”

Taeyeon looked away in embarrassment as if she wanted to erase that memory, “That is good.”

Jessica slowed down her pace so she could be next to Taeyeon and gave her a nudge on the shoulder, “You shouldn’t be concerned about things like that. We are just going to have fun today okay?”

Tiffany stopped when she noticed her friends were very far behind her. Looking back, Tiffany yelled, “Yah! Slow pokes come on! The festival already started.”

Happily, Jessica took Taeyeon’s hand so they could catch up to their other friend who was probably the most excited for this festival. Taeyeon never parted from Jessica’s hand as the three observed the random booths for free items but stopped for a few minutes at the stage with no singers, “Oh we just missed this one.” Tiffany was looking down at the pamphlet with the schedule, “Should we go to the next one?”

“Of course! There are like 6 stages to look at.” Jessica smiled when she noticed her hands still laced with the other girls’ “Come on Taengoo!”

The first stage wasn’t the style the girls liked so they moved on to another stage but yet again, the music didn’t catch their attention so they kept going through the crowds from stage to stage. As Jessica promised, she never lost Taeyeon as they kept their hands bound. There were times when Jessica thought that Taeyeon would let go but instead the girl would hold her hand tighter. It was reassuring to know the girl was right next to her at all times.

“Oh I like this! Let’s find a seat!” Tiffany went ahead to find some seats which really was just a stone ledge for the flowers it held but a seat was a seat.

As the other two girls sat, their hands finally parted causing Taeyeon to look down at the hand that was now cold. She already wanted to seek the warmth of the other hand but the shy girl just sat watching the band play a relaxing tune. It must have been at least 30 minutes of listening to one band before Tiffany pulled her and Jessica up again, “We should find something we can party to!”

It didn’t take long for Taeyeon to understand what Tiffany was referring to as they came closer to a DJ stage. The music was blaring the crowd was dancing to the beat. Trying to get closer, Jessica and Taeyeon followed Tiffany close into the crowd. Tiffany was already lost in the beat as Jessica tried to follow along. Meanwhile, Taeyeon was caught up on the swaying hips next to her, “Taengoo! Come on! Let loose!” Jessica said as she put an arm around her shoulder. A bright smiled went on Taeyeon’s face as the crowd started jumping. Putting her hand around Jessica’s waist for support, the two girls danced together. If the night could go on forever like this, Taeyeon and Jessica both wouldn’t mind because they were with their crush.

----------------------------------

It was close to midnight when the three girls shuffled into their hotel room after a long night of dancing and the roar of music, “I am showing first.”

Jessica and Taeyeon didn’t mind as Tiffany declared herself as the first user for the bathroom, “Did you have fun?”

Taeyeon looked over her shoulder at Jessica who sat on the bed, “It was amazing. I don’t want to leave for home after that.”

“Not tired?”

Taeyeon laughed, “Completely exhausted.”

Jessica gave a shy smile, “Me too but it was fun.” Silence went between the two before Jessica started talking again, “Which band did you like the best?”

Taeyeon’s mind immediately raced to the dancing in the heat next to Jessica, “DJ.”

Jessica sat up from her spot to sit next to Taeyeon and slap her on the shoulder, “Yah! You should have told me you could dance like that! You surprised me.”

Taeyeon rubbed her next in embarrassment, “You dance well too. And Tiffany...”

Jessica let the exhaustion take over as she laid on the bed, “It would be nice to do this again.”

Taeyeon looked over to the girl on the bed, “Maybe next time I wouldn’t make such a fool out of myself...”

Jessica sat up almost hitting Taeyeon in the process, “What? When did you do that?”

Taeyeon looked around for something interesting on the wall to divert her focus from Jessica, “You know I ran into the door and the pasta sauce...”

Jessica giggled, “Well we are both fools. I can’t believe I almost burned myself or made you run into that window. I still feel bad for that.”

Taeyeon waved her hands to diffuse the situation, “No no...that was my fault. I am a bit clumsy at times.”

Jessica scoffed, “What a pair we are then. Both of us are clumsy girls.”

Taeyeon let out a nervous laugh, “Humm yea. A pair...”

Jessica sighed as her laughter died down and then looked at the bathroom door to see if Tiffany would come out, “Taeyeon...”

Taeyeon looked up at Jessica as the girl didn’t use her nickname this time, “Yes?”

“Would you think it as strange if I told you that I only acted distracted and aloof only when you were around?”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica curiously because she also had this strange feeling, “W—well I can relate.”

Reaching for Taeyeon’s hand for support, “Taeyeon I think I foolishly fell for you.”

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped as she heard the unexpected escape Jessica’s mouth, “Oh.”

Jessica was going to say something but the door of the bathroom opened, “Is something wrong with Taeyeon?”

Jessica looked at Tiffany before looking back at Taeyeon who laid back in the bed with her eyes closed, “Huh?” Hearing a snore come from the later Jessica giggled, “It seems that she is sleeping.”

Tiffany continued to dry her hair, “Should we wake her for a shower?”

Jessica stood up, “Why don’t I take a shower first?”

When Taeyeon heard Jessica slip into the bathroom, Taeyeon quickly dipped down into the covers still at a loss of words from Jessica’s sudden confession. Embarrassing, utter embarrassment once again when Jessica caught her off guard. “I am a fool who fell for you too.”

----------------------------

A few days later back at school again, Taeyeon stood near Jessica’s locker hoping to surprise the girl with a box of chocolates she had behind her back, “Taengoo!” Jessica lunged at the girl and hugged her tightly, “What are you doing here?”

Taeyeon was grinning as she looked at the girl of her dreams, “Umm I have a small break and I wanted to give you this,” Taeyeon held out the box in front of Jessica.

Immediately eyes sparked upon the realization that the girl had just brought her chocolates, “Oh. That is so sweet of you.” Taeyeon had on a dopey grin she watched Jessica pop one of the chocolates into and savor the flavors, “Mmm these are good. Have you tried one?”

Taeyeon quickly opened as Jessica held one out for her to try. As the girl started to chew the chocolate, she remembered that they contained something she shouldn’t be eating, “Nuts.”

Jessica smiled, “Yea...oh .” Taeyeon started choking when she realized there were nuts in the chocolates she gave Jessica, “Taeyeon I am so sorry!”

Taeyeon reached for her bag to get the antihistamine shot and quickly put it into her arm causing to stop closing. Seeing the girl holding her crying, Taeyeon went to caress Jessica’s face, “Don’t cry...”

Jessica looked down at Taeyeon who seemed to be fine now, “I didn’t mean to...”

Taeyeon’s smile never faltered when she looked into Jessica’s eyes, “Well look at us who are both dummies. We both know I can’t eat nuts.”

Jessica slapped Taeyeon’s arm, “why did you eat it if you knew there were nuts in there.”

Taeyeon leaned closer to Jessica, “because I can’t think of anything else when I am around you.”

Jessica laughed as she leaned closer, “we must be foolishly in love huh?”

Taeyeon hummed as she leaned closer to seal their lips. Yes they were a couple who were foolishly in love.

 

~END~

 

 


Author’s Note

Umm so this story was inspired by your author acting stupid in front of her crush recently. I had the most embarrassing moment of slipping and falling onto my back...gosh I am always doing stupid things like that.

So there is an author that I read sometimes and I had to reread one of her stories because I think it is one of her best pieces of work that she did: Free Hugs. I wish she could do more works like that *nodding*