Crazy Love

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

I saw her there laying on her back looking at the ceiling so I went to lay down next to her. Automatically our hands intertwined as I joined her, “Taeyeon what do you see?”

“A staircase.”

“Good. Now what do you see?” I didn’t look at the doctor who was asking the questions to Taeyeon but instead turned to look at her. She was a very beautiful girl with that defined jawline, her cute bangs but her once sparkling eyes were almost empty. Although she could see the pictures that were being shown on the ceiling, she looked as if she was lost in her own mind looking at nothing but air.

“Taeyeon these next ones might be a little hard.” I turned my attention to the projection on the ceiling out of curiosity to what the doctor was going to show, “Now Taeyeon what do you see?”

“Tree.”

“Good.”

“House.”

“Good.”

“....window...” I could hear her voice become smaller and her grip on my hands tightened.

“You are doing great Taeyeon.”

“The glass shattered.”

“Yes it did, good.”

I looked up at the next projection in shock which also shocked the girl next to me. She let out a shriek before turning and covering her face into my chest. She always sought out safety in me when she couldn’t handle it or when something became too hard to bare so I wasn’t shocked when she went into my arms. “Now Taeyeon. I know you saw it. What did you see?”

I looked down at the girl shielding her eyes in my chest but she was silent. For comfort I rubbed her back but she didn’t relax, “Taengoo the doctor is asking a question.” Still nothing so I sighed a bit before looking at the photo above us. Of course she wouldn’t want to see that. That picture was always the trigger to what made her think of what happened 3 years ago. The reason that we are both in this place.

“I see. Taeyeon we will stop here then and resume tomorrow.”

I was now focused on coaxing Taeyeon that I didn’t watch the doctor leave us alone, “Taengoo the image is gone.” The ridged girl in my arms started to relax and her death grip on my shirt loosened before she peeked up and looked through her bangs into my eyes. Giving her the reassuring smile she was looking for, “you okay?”

Taeyeon shuffled closer to me to intertwine out legs and move her arm to my waist while she snuggled closer, “tired.”

Holding her tight, “I know.” I let the girl fall asleep in my arms but I could only think of the picture that the doctor showed. How could something so innocent as a puppy set her off? Maybe it was the sequence the doctor did: Staircase, tree, house, window, shattered glass, puppy. Yes that is the order of how it all happened.

 

~3 Years Ago~

Like any other normal lazy Saturday, I was in Taeyeon’s bed. I loved spending time with my girlfriend alone like this on the weekend since the week was busy with school and exams, but this was our time. Our time to destress and bask in the other’s company, “What are you thinking about?”

I my side to look at Taeyeon who was doing the same, “You. Always.”

She had a special dimpled smile that made her glow, “Cheesy Jung.” Taeyeon always said that when she was too happy to say anything else. She loved all the romantic things I said and I was told by another friend that it made her feel like she was ‘floating on air’ although too shy to tell me that herself. “Come here.”

Seeing that she wanted to cuddle, I scooted closer and put most of my weight on her while I leaned over to look into her eyes, “I love you.”

She laughed before leaning up to capture my lips, “I love you too.”

I then snuggled closer to bury my face in the crook of her neck. Her scent was intoxicating as I breathed in the comfort of her. She was what I needed for comfort and I knew she needed me as her protective arms were holding me close. We didn’t say more words as the silence in the house and the heat of her body were what was making this moment in time perfect for me.

I could hear a light snore from Taeyeon as she must have dozed off. I wanted to join her in dreamland but a banging on the door woke up. I thought it would stop but the banging grew louder until I heard the door was broken open. In fear I shook Taeyeon, “Wake up. Wake up.”

Taeyeon fluttered her eyes open to hear me whisper loudly with worry, “What is it?”

“Someone broke in.”

Taeyeon sat up immediately as she listened carefully. We could hear steps come up the staircase so she scrambled out of my arms before looking out the window to see three cars, “Sica we have to go now.”

I saw her open the window before throwing out the rope ladder she had since we knew this day would come. Taeyeon was always prepared. I was pushed to go down first as she followed. I was near the bottom when I heard the door of Taeyeon’s room broken opened and voices come from the window above us, “Taeyeon jump!”

Taeyeon was afraid but she jumped anyway into my arms. She actually had a decent landing that only caused me to stumble a little. I took her hand and we dashed off. We ignored the voices of those following behind us as we ran away. They were hot on our pursuit but we didn’t care because we ran with all our might. We hoped they would get tired and leave us be but that didn’t happen.

We ran past a few trees before we some houses. Thinking we could hide, I went to the first house but the window was locked. Taeyeon picked up a stone and broke the window before we both climbed in carefully. We were frantic to find a place to hide so we went into the basement and took shelter. I was in her arms as she tried to coax me and tell me it will be over soon. I wanted to ask her why they came back but we didn’t have a chance once those voices came into that house. I tightened my hold on her as we prayed they wouldn’t find us in the basement but then we heard it. A puppy was barking at the door we were behind.

The people must have caught on because the next thing I knew, the door opened and there he was standing over us. Mocking us as if we thought we could escape. It was true that we didn’t escape that moment.

That moment when he pried us apart and made me watch the punishment he gave Taeyeon. It was never me that he was after. He always had eyes on Taeyeon and he made sure she knew. That day was the day I lost it and couldn’t take it anymore. I saw a knife in the pocket of the man that was holding me back so I took it. I stabbed the man in the side before taking the knife to the distracted man’s neck.

Dropping the knife, I went to Taeyeon. I slipped up her pants before I took her unconscious body in my arms and got out. Finding the main road, someone saw us and we were sent to a hospital. Of course both of us were physically well despite what was happening, but mentally we could never be the same. Taeyeon was always looking lost and I had reoccurring dreams of that night. I wondered if Taeyeon could love me the same after taking the life of the man that abused her.

~Present~

I heard the girl whimper so I woke her up, “Taeyeon. Taeyeon.” Her eyes opened in shock before she sought out my eyes for comfort and relaxed, “It will go away.” I told her that endlessly but we both knew that it wouldn’t. They told us here that they would help and that we could be cured but we both knew that nothing would ever be the same again.

The only thing that never changed was the comfort of her arms. She was and always will be the only thing to make my life worth living and I knew she felt the same way. Staying together was the one thing that we couldn’t change, that wouldn’t change, that we never wanted to change. 

 

~End~

 

 

 


Author's Note

Just a short here. Enjoy :)