Where Is My Taengoo??

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

Jessica punched in the numbers to enter the dorms she stayed with all the other members of SNSD. She had an unusual period of 3 days to stay home with her parents until her schedule was packed again with dance practices, recordings and occasional TV recordings for some variety shows she hadn’t been on for years. Although she loved being home with her parents, she liked the idol life and she missed her girls, well one in particular.

“Unnie!”

Jessica smiled as she saw her maknae skipping up to her for a hug, “Seo I missed you!”

Seohyun was all smiles seeing her unnie return to the dorms, “Did you enjoy time with your parents?”

Jessica nodded happily, “Yep! What are the other girls up to now?”

“Well Hyo and I finished dinner not too long ago but Sooyoung is still away with her sister, Sunny has variety show, Yuri and Yoona left to sneak into a movie, and I am guessing Tiffany and Taeyeon are in their rooms.”

Jessica nodded along as she heard the padded steps of her good friend Hyoyeon jogging towards them, “Jessie! Finally you are back! Some fun finally returned to the dorms!”

Jessica laughed as she saw the energetic girl do a quick dance move, “I thought you hated that I was only sleeping during my free time.”

Hyoyeon rubbed the back of her head, “Not that you mention it, you are like our lazy leader.”

“Speaking of which, where is she?”

“I haven’t seen her since you left honestly, but I am sure she is in her room or something like usual.”

Jessica reached to grab her bag, “Alright. I am going to unpack then.”

“There is some food left over in the fridge if you didn’t eat,” Seohyun chimed in.

Jessica gave her maknae a smile, “You are so thoughtful but my parents took me out before coming here.” The girl walked into her room which she was sharing with Yoona these days. She misses her time with Hyoyeon as roommates but the management had a stupid rule of changing roommates every year to get to know their members better.

After putting her suitcase in her room Jessica had no intention of unpacking until she found a particular person. Hearing that she might be in her room, Jessica found the shared room of her beloved leader and Sunny. The door was slightly open already so Jessica peeked her head into the room but it was dark and she didn’t see anyone in the bed. Scratching the back of her head, Jessica thought of where the girl could be. Whipping out her phone, Jessica tried calling the girl but the call went straight to voicemail.

Thinking about where the girl could be, Jessica made her way to the living room where she plopped down on the coach next to Seohyun, “Taeyeon isn’t in her room.”

Hyoyeon and Seohyun turned to look at the older girl, “I haven’t seen that hermit for a while.”

“Did she say she was going home or out?”

“No. Maybe Sunny knows...ah but she is recording now...you could call the other girls. Maybe they know.”

Jessica nodded before getting up to find the girl’s best friend who was in her room that she shared with Sooyoung. Not wanting to startle the girl with her sudden appearance, Jessica knocked on the door a few times, “Come in!”

“Tiffany?”

Looking up to a familiar face, Tiffany squealed, “Jessica! You are back finally! The fun is back!”

Jessica scrunched her nose, “Why does everyone say I am fun after I have been gone for a while?”

Tiffany hit Jessica’s arm, “Because you are even if you don’t admit it.”

“Anyway, have you seen Taeyeon?”

“Isn’t she in her room?”

“Nope.”

Tiffany shrugged, “I have no idea then.”

“The other girls said they haven’t seen her for days. Did she say she was going anywhere?”

“Not at all. You could call her brother? She sometimes sneaks off to meet him.”

“That is true.” Jessica quickly called the girl’s brother quick, “Jiwoong? This is Jessica. Is Taeyeon with you? She isn’t...do you know where she could be? I checked her room. Oh...that could be it, thanks.” Jessica looked over to see Tiffany patiently waiting to hear where the girl is, “Jiwoong said probably buying sweets at the supermarket.”

Tiffany clapped her hands, “Good idea!”

Jessica smiled thinking she would find the girl there, “I am going to check. If you find here somewhere in the house, give me a call Steph!”

Tiffany gave her infamous eye-smile, “I will. Don’t stay out too late.”

“I won’t.” Jessica gently shut the door of the bedroom before making her way out of the dorms once again. The girls always shopped at the local convenience story right under their apartment complex so it shouldn’t be too hard to find the girl if she was in there buying sweets.

The bell chimed as the idol entered the store, “Welcome!”

The store was small so she took a few steps to look into the few isles but she didn’t see the girl, “Have you seen a girl with brown hair and bangs with about my height?”

The store clerk knew the girls, “Taeyeon unnie? She hasn’t been here for a while.”

Jessica raked her hands through her hair in frustration, “Where could she be?” Flipping out her phone she called the gossip queen of the group, “Soo? Hey this is Jessica. I can’t find Taeyeon. Do you have an idea where she could be? Of course I looked in her room first, not with brother, not buying sweets...oh...yea that is true she goes there to practice.”

Jessica was determined to find the leader so she quickly hailed down a cab to go to a nearby building. She looked up to see ‘SM Entertainment’ next to a picture of her and her groupmates, “She has to be in here.”

When she entered through the back entrance, Jessica was careful to avoid the fans that were always lingering around the building to catch a glimpse of their idols. She punched in the code for the door and was greeted by the security guard near the door. She walked through the halls and was greeted by trainees while she walked about the building. There were several occasions that she cursed to herself thinking it would have been better to be part of a smaller management company since this one had 6 floors of hiding space. Thinking the girl would not be on the top two levels because they were just offices for management and she probably wasn’t on a few of the other floors because only trainees used that space. Realistically, she had about two floors to go through but she back tracked to face the security guard, “Umm have you seen Taeyeon enter?”

The guard looked at her in amazement that the idol was even talking to him, “M-my shift just started.”

Jessica groaned when she knew she had to search herself. Room by room, Jessica went through every practice room that the building had. She asked several people if they saw Taeyeon but everyone gave the same reply, “No.”

“Really? Not even yesterday?”

The boy laughed, “Sorry Jessica.”

“Jonghyun you and Taeyeon had that duet together...nothing else you know she is working on?”

“I thought you girls would know her schedule better than me.”

“I usually do,” the girl mumbled.

“Sorry I can’t help Jessica.”

Jessica sighed a very heavy sigh when she saw no other option but to go back home and wait for the girl to come back. She had to come back by tomorrow at the latest since they were doing a group recording for their comeback later that year.

The girl hailed a cab and made a very lonely ride back to the dorms. Lethargically she unlocked the door and shuffled into Taeyeon’s room once again before laying back on the bed, “Ouch.”

Hearing the voice of another person and feeling a distinct person underneath her, Jessica stood up in shock, “Taengoo?”

The girl gave a half smile while she rubbed her knee, “Who else? Sunny is recording.”

Not able to contain her excitement, Jessica nearly tackled the girl into a bear hug, “I thought I lost you.”

Taeyeon laughed as she held the girl in her arms loving the close proximity, “How could you lose me? I am always in my room waiting for you to join me.”

Jessica nuzzled her face into the warm neck of the girl she loved, “I looked. I didn’t see you.”

Taeyeon knitted her brows wondering why since she had been in her room all day.  Then she remembered the incident where she got so excited that she beat a level on her game that she accidentally threw her phone which hit her dresser and slid under the bed. It took a while for her to reach and get her phone which she silently sobbed when she noticed her battery also fell out of her phone. She hoped that she didn’t have to redo the level because she was so clumsy, “I might have been under the bed.”

Jessica turned to her side so she could look at Taeyeon, “Under your bed?”

“I dropped my phone earlier.”

Jessica knew that could make sense, “So you were here all along?”

“Yep.” Jessica groaned when she thought about how much effort she put into trying to find the girl when she was in the first place she looked, “Were you really looking for me that hard that you keep sulking?”

“Of course I did.”

Taeyeon couldn’t help but smiled happily, “So you missed me?’

“Of course I did.”

Wanting to see the other girl’s face, Taeyeon put her hand under Jessica’s chin to lift it up, “Me too. Should I give you a reward for finding this treasure?”

Jessica giggled, “Depends on the reward.”

Taeyeon leaned down and gave her princess a kiss on the lips, “How about that?”

Of course Jessica was smiling happily since that was the reason she wanted to find Taeyeon in the first place. Three days without her girl friend to snuggle up to and kiss freely was the only thing really preventing her from liking time at home, “I want a bigger treasure. That was small.”

Taeyeon gave a loud laugh before flipping Jessica onto her back and hovering over the girl, “You are lucky that this bargaining is a mutual understandment.”  Not wanting to waste her precious time with Jessica, Taeyeon went in to kiss her girlfriend again and again. That night, both were breathless until Sunny came in but it didn’t matter since Jessica was back with her Taengoo.

 

 

~END~

 

 

 


Author's Note

Of course the idea came to mind watching Channel SNSD and Taeyeon's habit of never leaving the room. Enjoy!