Santa's Elves

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

It was a busy time of year where all the little elves in the workshop were hard at work getting ready for Christmas…well they were supposed to be. Taeyeon, the head elf, just bid Santa goodbye as he always tests out his sleigh with the reindeer before making the big trip. Upon returning to the workshop, she saw one elf sleeping, 2 elves eating, 1 elf crying because the other elf stole her cookie, another elf was testing out a new speaker dancing away, another elf stretching, and there was another elf who just bit the elf that was stretching, and of course the lone good elf was still working.

Taeyeon let out one huge heavy sigh knowing this would happen as soon as Santa left. She had no idea why they acted like this as soon as he left and she was in charge. Walking past the sleeping elf, Taeyeon chose to take care of the food situation first, “Yah! Sooyoung give Tiffany her cookies back, you and Yoona already emptied out the whole fridge.”

Sooyoung frowned before reluctantly giving up her cookies, “They were stale anyway.”

Tiffany smiled happily, “They are not, I made them with love.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes going towards the other two elves causing issues, “Sunny why did you bite Yuri?”

Sunny shrugged, “She came into my space. Her legs are too long.”

“I need to do my stretches!”

“Not like you will grow taller!”

“It is good for my circulation! Making toys all the time gives me cramps.”

Taeyeon watched as the two bickered before stepping between the two, “Yah yah stop it you two. Sunny you go work on the stuffed animals and Yuri you can move the presents to storage.”

Yuri smiled happily, “I can get my 10,000 steps!”

Sunny got up with her usual pout, “Don’t yell at me if I over stuff them again.”

“Just don’t waste the stuffing.” Taeyeon waved Sunny off before almost tripping on something. Falling face first on the ground, Taeyeon turned around to see what she fell over, “Aish…Jessica.” Taeyeon got up and went over to the sleeping elf kicking her a few times, “Jessica, Jessica…you can’t sleep here.”

The sleeping elf didn’t move.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the sleeping elf, “How does she sleep so well as the other elves play?”

Looking around, Taeyeon saw the dancing elf and smiled, “Hyo can I borrow that?”

Hyoyeon stopped dancing, “Sure, but don’t take away my beats forever.”

Taeyeon took the stereo, “I will bring it back, but you have to work while you dance.”

Hyoyeon picked up a hammer, “I will pound to the beat.”

Taeyeon nodded before going back to the sleeping elf, “Jessica I warned you.” Cranking up the volume of the stereo, Taeyeon placed the player next to Jessica and the music.

Jessica shot up in a panic as her ears were blasted with music, “Kim Hyoyeon!” Looking around, Jessica found out the culprit was a different Kim, “Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon started giggling, “Wakey wakey Sica baby.”

Jessica hit Taeyeon, “You are so mean.”

“Christmas is coming soon! No time for naps.” Taeyeon pat down Jessica’s bed head.

Jessica rubbed her tired eyes, “I was stuffing sheep and counting one sheep, two sheep, thr-ZzZz”

Taeyeon quickly shook Jessica awake, “Stop counting sheep!”

Jessica smiled, “They make me sleepy.”

Taeyeon looked around the shop, “Maybe you should go over there and test the sound on the toys. We need to get you away from the sheep.”

Jessica nodded, “Okay no sheep.”

Taeyeon sighed in relief seeing all the little elves back at work, “This is going to be a great Chris—Yah! Sooyoung and Yoona you just ate! Get back to work!”

Merry Christmas!