House Hunters

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

 

Host: Welcome to Home Hunters and we are here today to find a two bedroom home for our musical couple Taeyeon and Jessica at the heart of Seoul, Korea. Right now, they are cramped living with their 7 sisters and have expressed to find a place of their own. Let’s go meet the buyers!

Jessica: Hi I am Jessica!

Taeyeon: I am Taeyeon!

Jessica: We are looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath home. Right now it is too hard living with 7 other women. We are constantly looking for private space and the bathroom situation is a nightmare.  Also we all our very busy in our careers right now so there are girls coming and going at all times of the day.

Taeyeon: I can’t think of a time that it is quiet where we live now.

Jessica: Not to mention, the place has turned into a zoo.

Taeyeon: We have our two dogs, Zero and Ginger who will be moving out with us so we would like to have some kind of green space for them to play around in.

Jessica: Right now, we are not the only one who has animals. Including our dogs…where we live now, there is a total of 12? Dogs.

Taeyeon: Tiffany got two more dogs remember, so we have like 14 and 2 cats.

Jessica: It is a nightmare. Just like the girls, they don’t always get along and the barking never stops.

Taeyeon: (Chuckles) Yes it is a bit crazy in our home right now. We might not be the only girls that will be moving out.

Host: Great! We will be sure to find a home that is comfortable for you and your dogs that allow you to have the privacy you desperately need. Should we go see the homes?

Taeyeon and Jessica: Yes!

 

Host: So we are here at home number 1. This is a cozy 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom home in the heart of Gangnam. We were told that privacy was important due to their celebrity status so we have found a secure gated community with a private lift to their new home.

Jessica: (walks into home) Wow it is so clean.

Taeyeon: (follows behind) This is nice. I like the white floors.

Host: This is a new building so everything is brand new. I was told budget was no problem?

Jessica: (Laughs) Yes, no problem. We are filthy rich.

Host: Great! It sounds like now is the perfect time for you to find a new place to live. As we walk in here you can see this is a perfect place to take off your shoes.

Taeyeon: It still feels a little cramped. Other than Jessica’s shoes, we can expect up to 7 other women putting their shoes here too and we need to provide slippers for them as well.

Jessica: Not just the shoes, but they like to stand around here and talk before leaving. They are the worst at quick goodbyes.

Host: Oh okay that is something we can think about for the other homes. Anyway...here is the kitchen. This is a huge kitchen with a double stove, an extra large space for a fridge, and bar seating on the other side of the island. It is perfect for entertaining.

Jessica: Taeyeon this will be great for your new baking hobby.

Taeyeon: I love it! The double ovens is a huge selling point for me but is this a gas range? Not electric?

Host: Yes that is right.

Taeyeon: Goodness. This might be a hazard if Jessica is in the kitchen. She has caught a ton of things on fire. I am not sure this is safe enough for us to use.

Host: Well there is space here under the sink for a fire extinguisher if you did need to have that in the kitchen.

Jessica: That would be a must. Taeyeon, I think we can make this kitchen work.

Taeyeon: As long as we keep you out of here, this is my dream kitchen.

Host: Great! If we continue, this area could be for a huge dining table that would fit all your sisters. I am told you entertain a lot so I think this space would be perfect for you.

Jessica: You know what we probably need is a wine cellar. With 9 girls, we drink a lot.

Taeyeon: I don’t drink.

Jessica: Yes but Sunny can drink for you so that is a lot of alcohol that we would need to store.

Taeyeon: Not just wine. The girls like all different kind of alcohol that would be nice chilled. This space doesn’t look like we could incorporate something like that.

Host: Well no. That would be an extra room that we would need to consider.

Jessica: Taeyeon is right. Wine cellar is a must.

Host: Wine cellar. Got it. Next we have the living space over here. There is plenty of room for your guests. You can fit a huge sectional and have room to move around or add more furniture.

Jessica: Love it. There is room for Zero and Ginger to run around.

Taeyeon: We would need to get a large carpet. I am worried the tile is going to be too hard on their little paws. What what about outdoor space?

Host: As you can see here, we have French double doors that lead out to your balcony. I think you will find there is enough space for your dogs to get some fresh air and this private property has its own park on the ground floor.

Jessica: I think this is fine. We have space to put outdoor furniture and maybe make a garden.

Taeyeon: Ginger and Zero will love it.

Host: Now I am sure you both are excited to see the bedrooms. From what I hear, you have been sharing rooms with the other girls for nearly 15 years!

Taeyeon: Jessica was lucky to live with her family before we officially moved to the dorms so I have living with some of the girls for almost 20 years now. I am so excited to get a bedroom to call our own.

Host: Let’s look at the master bedroom. You can fit up to a king sized bed in here and there is a walk in closet with an attached bathroom.

Jessica: What I love is the large bed. Taeyeon knows I spend 90% of my time at home in the bed.

Taeyeon: (Smirks) Yes bedroom activities are important for us to relieve stress from our busy days.

Jessica: What I am concerned about is this closet. This is maybe big enough for only Taeyeon’s clothes.

Taeyeon: I agree. Jessica needs her own room for her purses and shoes alone.

Jessica: A dressing room would be great! One for me and one for Taeyeon. Although Taeyeon doesn’t have nearly as much stuff as me, she does have her own collectables like all her Disney stuffed animals.

Taeyeon: And my hobbies! I must admit, I am a hobby . I love trying new things like bracelet making, drawing, nail art, and my recent interest is candle making. A hobby room is a must.

Host: You do realize, that you just added 3 more rooms? Instead of a 2 bedroom, you now want a 5 bedroom?

Jessica: I wonder if 1 guest room would be enough? What if the girls want to stay over? They won’t all fit in the one guest room. Could we get a 6 bedroom that would double as an office? I would love to not go into work if I don’t have to.

Taeyeon: Maybe a studio? I would like to work at home too. A sound proof studio would help me stay at home more.

Host: (Counting fingers) 1 master, 2 guest rooms, 2 dressing rooms, 1 hobby room, 1 sound booth, 1 office…so you want 7-8 rooms? Also a wine cellar…in this area, I am not sure what you are asking for is possible. You are literally asking for a mansion.

Jessica: We have faith in you! Help us find our dream home.

Host: (dying inside) Yes…of course. How about we talk to Taeyeon and Jessica’s sisters to see what they think about them moving out and getting their own home.

 

Host: How do you feel about two of your beloved sisters finding their own place?

Hyoyeon: About damn time. Did they say we were loud? They are the ones that need the soundproof booth.

Sooyoung: Zero is a monster. Just like his masters, he somehow thinks he is the alpha dog when he is only so small.

Seohyun: It will be nice to have some more space here. I am happy for them.

Tiffany: I hope they move close. We are going to constantly be going over for mimosas.

Yuri: If we party at their place, we don’t need to clean up our place. I support this move 100%.

Sunny: As long as they have beer, I will be living in their guest room.

Yoona: I hope they don’t die of starvation. Taeyeon may bake but she still doesn’t know how to cook. Jessica is just as hopeless. I worry about them a lot moving out on their own.

Sooyoung: I lived with both Jessica and Taeyeon before and I wonder if this is a good idea. They both have their own problems. Like they both can’t cook, neither like cleaning, and then there is the fact that we are like cleaning out a storage unit of their clothing.

Tiffany: (Secretly to host) Let me know the address, I am moving out next.

Sunny: They requested a wine cellar? Perfect. I will pack my bags.

 

Host: Okay. Should we see house number 2?

Taeyeon and Jessica: Yes! We are excited.

Host: So we are a little outside the city center where we have a 5 bedroom home. Now I know that is not what you requested but I think you will like what you see inside.

Jessica: Wait here a second. (a few minutes pass) This is a no. I don’t see my dressing room.

Taeyeon: She is the boss. This is a no.

Host: (internally dying again) Alright. Back to the drawing board.

 

Host: It took some searching but I think we have found your dream home! It is a 4.5 bedroom home with a wine cellar, the bedroom has its own dressing room and we can tear down this wall here to connect to the other bedroom and make that into a dressing room for Taeyeon. Not to mention, the bathroom has a spa-quality steam room with a huge vanity that I believe both women will love. Let’s see what they think.

Jessica: Wow! Look at these beautiful wood floors and the kitchen!

Taeyeon: What I love is that we walk into this huge entry way, I can imagine all the girls fitting in here. Is this granite countertops?

Host: Marble. I know this place is pricy but I believe we found a home that has everything on your list. Over here we have a huge kitchen, double oven like the first place, but the added feature is this wine cellar.

Jessica: Oh wow! Taeyeon this is perfect. This whole shelf could fit all of Sunny’s alcohol and the rest could be ours.

Taeyeon: I can really see us living here.

Host: This also has the huge dining area and living room, but one feature that is amazing is that this whole window opens to your patio.

Taeyeon: Wow this patio is huge. Not only would the dogs have their own space, but I could make a really big garden.

Jessica: Great another hobby for Taeyeon to enjoy.

Host: Next is the master bedroom. Jessica is this a big enough space for all your clothes?

Jessica: (spins around) I love it! I need this whole wall just for my purses.

Taeyeon: I see no space for me?

Host: This home has one room that is a half room so what we could do is add a door here or make a connecting hall to here and this would be your dressing room.

Taeyeon: Not as big as Jessica’s but I could make do. This wall looks big enough for all my Nightmare Before Christmas toys.

Jessica: We would need to find a place to store all your Halloween decorations though.

Host: I am sure we can think of storage options in one of your guest rooms. We can have one guest room double as Taeyeon’s hobby room and the other guest room double as Jessica’s office, which leaves one of the rooms to make a studio.

Taeyeon: Jessica I am in love. This place is perfect.

Jessica: We just need to use our space wisely. It is hard having 7 sisters but I think they will love this place too.

Host: Are you ready to make the decision? Which house do you love?

Taeyeon and Jessica: 3!

Host: Great! Let’s make an offer!

 

Host: It has been 1 month since Jessica and Taeyeon have moved into their new home. Let’s see how they are doing.

Jessica: We love it. Taeyeon has her own space, I have my own space and so do the dogs. It is wonderful to not be tripping around cause of all the random dogs running around or getting swatted awake by a hungry cat, although Sunny is over a lot, but she locks herself away in one of the guest rooms and most days we do not even know she is there.

Taeyeon: I thought I would use the studio for singing but I found the steam room to be even better to sing so we have soundproofed the bathroom and it is perfect. It was also good because I have so many awards to display so the stuido is now a room just for all my trophies. Jessica and I love the quiet but recently Tiffany has moved above us so we decided to sound proof our ceiling as well.

Jessica and Taeyeon: Thanks House Hunters for our dream home!

 

~END~