Like the Movies

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

Jessica was determined one day. She had been in love with the same person for almost a year now but the fact that she was keeping it a secret from her, was eating her up. It was only time before she cracked and jumped the poor girl and told her of her undying love, but that wouldn’t be right. Jessica needed a plan. Although, Jessica was completely clueless to how go about this whole confession thing since it was her first time ever being in love with someone.

“I need help.” Jessica proclaimed and dialed one of her good friends, “Hey are you free for coffee or something? Great!” Yes, if Jessica was to do this confession thing right, she would have to get advice from her friend.

 

Later in the day, Jessica was sitting in her usual spot at the café waiting for her friend to show. It was her first time telling her friend that she found love so she was both nervous about her friend’s reaction and admitting that she was indeed a victim of the love-bug. “Jess!”

Jessica turned to see her overly cheery friend, “Tiff!”

Her good friend Tiffany was always popular with the male crowd so she assumed the girl had some great advice on how to confess her feelings, “So what was so urgent you called me over suddenly?”

“I don’t know how to say this,” Jessica said as she nervously played with her fingers, “umm there is someone I like...no love.”

Tiffany nearly jumped out of her seat, “OMG! Really? You out of all the people! Wow! I am so happy for you! Who is this lucky bastard?”

Jessica tried quieting the frantic girl, “I don’t want to say yet...well not until maybe something official.”

“What? You are keeping key information from your one and only best friend?”

Jessica raked her fingers through her hair, “No...it is just...if nothing happens, I don’t want you to go kill the person.”

Tiffany pursed her lips as she thought, “Maybe you are right. If they rejected you, I might put them on my hit list or something. But when are you going to confess? I know they will say yes.”

“Well that is the problem,” Jessica started, “I never confessed before and I don’t get how I should do it.”

Tiffany leaned forward in excitement, “It is easy. I will tell you exactly how to do it! Firstly you....”

Jessica finished shopping at this most amazing clothing store but her adorable friend Tiffany had to leave after hearing some sudden news. Poor Jessica now has so many bags full of clothes to carry back to her place. Of course it was snowing heavily and the streets were icy. Out of nowhere, the pavement grew slippery and she was about to fall. However, the dashing and magnificent XXX was there to hold her arm and prevent Jessica from falling. The two look in each other’s eyes as they exchanged a longing gaze. Batting her eyes innocently, Jessica thanks her crush for saving her from a horrible fall. Of course XXX says it was no big deal and was about to leave, but Jessica suddenly caught XXX from leaving, “Please could you help me with my bags? They are so heavy.” Seeing as Jessica might have hurt herself from the slip, XXX takes most of the bags to Jessica’s room. Once again, the two gaze into each other’s eyes before Jessica confesses her love and they start a beautiful love together.

“Tiffany it is summer. Second, stupid stuff like that only happens in the movies.”

Tiffany leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms, “Well it can happen in real life too.”

“Really, you are no help.”

“Well I am no Casanova like Yuri. Maybe you will like her advice more.”

Jessica snapped her fingers, “Of course! Yuri!” Taking her purse, Jessica got up, “Thanks for nothing Tiff! Catch you later!”

“Yah! You called me out and are leaving?” Tiffany yelled although Jessica was already out the door, “Ungrateful...it was great advice.”

---------------------------------

Jessica knocked on the door profusely, “Yuri! Stop face and open the door!”

After a few seconds, Jessica heard something get knocked over along with a curse before the door opened with a girl in a loose top and shorts, “What hell Jessica? I was busy!”

Jessica saw the messed up hair before letting herself in, “You are always busy.” Making herself at home, Jessica went to the sofa, “Yo get your over here so I can get your advice.”

Yuri groaned before locking the door, “Fine. What do you need?”

Jessica waited until Yuri was seated to start, “Well...there is someone I like and I want to confess but I don’t know how to do it.”

Yuri laughed, “Welcome to the big girl’s club Jung! It is super easy. All you have to do...”

Jessica and XXX were walking home together after going out to the bar together. Rocking out her leather jacket, Jessica looked cool as hell so no doubt XXX was checking her out the whole time they were together. With some liquid courage, Jessica suddenly stopped walking and faced XXX. Of course XXX was a bit confused but she continued to look at Jessica. Since they were alone in an alley, Jessica saw this as her perfect chance to make a move. Jessica lunged forward and trapped XXX between her and the wall as Jessica leaned against her hand on the wall, “Hey baby. I can’t help but love you. Just tell me you want me too babe.” This of course leads to a heated make-out session and a heated bed...

“Woah! Yuri I am not trying to get in their pants!”

Yuri shrugged, “You should aim big.”

Jessica huffed in annoyance, “Also, going to a bar together? Really? This sounds like your life and not mine.”

“Because you are a lame-.”

“Jessica is right Yuri. You are just trying to act badass when everyone knows you won’t do something like that to get the girl.” Jessica looked back in surprise to see who was in the apartment.

“Yoona?!”

Yoona sat down on Yuri’s lap, “Hey Jessica. Yuri and I wanted to keep this from the girls for a little while longer but I can’t have you listening to this from Yuri.”

Jessica pointed at the two, “How long have you?”

“Oh God we have been friends forever and you never saw Yuri only acting out to get my attention?” Jessica shook her head ‘no’, “Well she had been until I got frustrated and told her what I thought. Dating for a few months now.”

Jessica had agape, “Wow...Yuri is tamed?”

Yoona smiled proudly, “Yep! So I will tell you really how to get the love of your life. All you have to do is...”

Jessica was frustrated that XXX was getting the constant hints she kept giving XXX so she decided to get the help of her trusted friend Yoona. With her long brown hair, and perfect proportions, Yoona was considered almost a goddess and could make any person swoon. Thus, she was the perfect friend to use to get XXX’s attention. After the plan was discussed between the two girls, Jessica and Yoona decided to put the plan in action once they saw XXX approaching.

Yoona was leaning up against Jessica and twirling her hair, “Jessica you look so hot today.”

Jessica just batted her eyes as she looked at Yoona, “Not as hot as you.”

Yoona giggled cutely before playfully slapping Jessica’s shoulder, “You are exaggerating.”

XXX saw this interaction as rage boiled inside. Not wanting someone else to touch what was rightfully theirs, XXX approached the two and tore Yoona away from Jessica, “What do you think you are doing?”

Jessica decided to look away indifferent, “Me and Yoona were minding our own business, so why are you here?”

XXX was so mad that they couldn’t control themselves, “You are my concern! I love you! I always have so what you are doing to Yoona is of my concern!”

Both Yoona and Jessica gasped in surprise.

“Wait...Yoona you want me to use you to get T--- I mean to get my crush jealous?”

“Well it doesn’t have to be me.”

Jessica face-palmed herself, “This isn’t helpful either. I am sure she would be too blind to see anything if it was one of you girls.”

“SHE?!” Yuri and Yoona screamed out in union, “It is a girl?! You didn’t tell us that!”

“Who is it who is it!!!”

Jessica quickly grabbed her things, “Tell you later!” Not wanting to have the two catch on to anything more, Jessica bolted from the apartment. She knew Yuri might try to beat her up later for showing up unexpectedly, disturbing y time, and leaving suddenly, but now she had some blackmail...hehe.

Yet, Jessica was still in a pickle. She needed some real advice, “Jessica!”

Jessica smiled as she recognized the voice so she turned around with a huge grin, “Hyoyeon! I am so glad to see you!”

Hyoyeon laughed as Jessica engulfed her in a hug, “I guess you really missed me.”

Jessica backed away to look at Hyoyeon, “Yes! You are perfect for what I need! You usually give straightforward advice and I really need that now.”

Hyoyeon smiled, “I can try my best. What kind of advice do you need?”

“I want to confess with someone. I don’t know how to do it.”

Hyoyeon thought for a while, “It is easier to get them to confess to you by...”

The pure and innocent Jessica Jung was walking home from school but she suddenly realized she took a wrong turn. The poor girl was in a very bad area of town that was known to have rapists. She was scared and helpless as two men approached her. Of course they were and wanted some action with the so they surrounded her and pinned her against the wall. Jessica tried to scream for help but the men only laughed, “Scream all you want. No one will help you.”

Jessica felt helpless so she closed her eyes and tried to prepare herself for what was to come, but other than the men touching her, she felt them release. She opened her eyes and to her surprise, XXX was there holding a bat, “W-what are you doing here?”

XXX put the bat coolly on their shoulder, “I thought you would need some protection.”

Jessica gasped with her hands shyly covering , “Why would you help me?”

“Because I can’t have someone harming my baby.”

Jessica was almost on the floor laughing, “Okay okay Kim Hyoyeon. What is up with this story? So many flaws. First off, we don’t have really that many bad areas. Two, why was I walking alone? Third, it sounds super creepy having my crush following me. Lastly, why was my crush holding a bat? They don’t play baseball. I also what to say that the story was cheesy as hell.”

“Sounds romantic to me. I would love to be saved that way.”

“So you want to be almost to have your love come and possibly save you?”

“It could happen!” Hyoyeon tried to argue.

Now Jessica was holding her gut in an attempt to contain her laughter, “Oh God...I can’t take this. I thought you would give me something good but this was just ridiculous.”

“Well sorry for not being as boring as Seohyun.”

Jessica wiped her tears away, “Seohyun! She would be logical about this! Where could I find her?”

Hyoyeon chuckled, “Is that really a question? She is always in the library.”

-------------------------------------

Jessica slowly opened the door to not make much noise as she entered the library. Looking around, she sighted her target and went to approach her. Of course the other girl had her nose buried in a book, “Seohyun,” Jessica whispered.

Seohyun looked up from her book surprised, “Jessica? Why are you here?”

“Do you have time to give your unnie some advice?”

Seohyun nodded, “Anything.”

“Seo...how would you confess to someone you like?”

Seohyun was a bit taken back by the question but she thought about it a bit, “Well...”

Jessica was looking through the books on the shelves so she could eye out XXX who looked intelligent in those black rimmed glasses. Reading the great works of Hesse, XXX was engrossed in the timeless classic. Deciding she wanted to confess, Jessica pushed a book off the shelf, which landed in front of XXX. Out of curiosity, XXX bent down and picked up the book to read the cover, The Truth About Forever . Taking a few breaths, Jessica went around the bookshelf to stand before XXX. Looking up, XXX noticed Jessica and smiled, “Is this your book you dropped?”

Jessica shook her head in agreement before handing XXX a slip of paper that had a page number. XXX knew that it was referring to the book so XXX opened to the page to see a post-it marking the specific sentence [because marking with a highlighter or pen could ruin the book]. XXX started to recite the sentence out loud, “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”

“Seohyun, I have never even heard of that book.”

“Really? It was published in 2004 by Sarah Dessen....”

“I really don’t care. My point is that I don’t read every new book out there like you. Heck, I barely read what is assigned in class.”

Seohyun rubbed her chin, “That is true. You slack in your studies.”

Jessica wanted to slap the girl for being so straightforward, but the girl wasn’t really lying, “What I am trying to say is, that doesn’t seem like a good way for me to confess.”

“I don’t really know how to help you unnie. I never tried confessing either.” Jessica felt defeated...she should have known that Seohyun was not the best for love advice, “Why don’t you go find Sunny? She is into more adult things.”

“Right...Sunny, but I haven’t seen her around the usual group.”

“You know she is always with Sooyoung and Sooyoung is always in the cafeteria.”

Jessica smiled as she stood up, “Thanks...well kind of. See you later.”

“No problem unnie. I wish you the best.”

--------------------------

Jessica laughed as she saw the shorty playing games while the tall girl was pigging out on some French fries, “Hello!”

Sunny didn’t look up from her game but Sooyoung looked up and smiled, “Jessica!”

“Hey Soo and Sunny.”

“I never see you here during snack time.”

Jessica looked down at the fries, “Umm because I don’t normally take 5 snack breaks like you.”

Sooyoung puffed her cheeks, “I don’t eat that much.”

“Yes you do.” Sunny and Jessica said in unison. “Anyway, I am here for Sunny. I need her advice.”

Finally getting her attention, Sunny paused her game, “Me? What advice can I give you?”

“Relationship advice.”

Sunny raised her brow, “You are in a relationship?”

“No but I want to confess.”

“Ohhhh...ok. So you came to me?”

“Well everyone knows you give out adult advice.”

Sunny nodded, “Yes...our friends are a bunch of kids.”

“Hey!” Sooyoung shouted.

“And one big baby here.” Jessica laughed at Sunny’s remark to Sooyoung.

“You two are a bunch of meanies.”

Sunny picked up a fry and fed it to Sooyoung, “You just focus on eating while I give Sica some advice.” Returning her attention to Jessica, “Here is how it really happens...”

Jessica looked in the mirror as she had a glorious body and she knew she could use these blessed curves to seduce any person. Taking out a tight tank that showed her cleavage and some short shorts, Jessica changed so that she could meet XXX. Once XXX saw Jessica approaching in her y attire, XXX’s nose bled in excitement before....

“Sunny you are almost as bad as Yuri with the stuff, but I must say, that isn’t such a bad idea...” as she thought about her crush definitely being a byun.

“Sica don’t listen to this ert. I will tell you right now, just take them out for food. Food is the window to the soul.” Sooyoung stated she shoved more fries in .

“Cleavage and food...I think might have been some of the best advice yet.” Jessica thought about different ways to use her body to get her crush’s attention. “Anyway, I have to get ready for class. Thanks for everything!”

Sunny and Sooyoung waved Jessica goodbye before looking at each other, “Those two are hopeless right? Both are blind.”

Sooyoung shrugged, “At least they both want to confess.”

Sunny laughed before turning her game back on, “Yea but they didn’t do it discreetly. I think all our friends know now that they both asked all of us for the same kind of advice.”

“Well it looks like another couple in our group soon.”

Sunny laughed again, “Yuri and Yoona still think no one knows about them?”

“Well the two idiots found out today...I am sure so those were the last two to know.”

“Those two are always the last to find out everything.”

-----------------------------------

Jessica headed back to her room and dug around her pockets to find her keys, but before she could insert her keys into the door, someone showed up next to her, “Hey Sica.”

Freezing, Jessica thought for a moment before looking to her right, “Hey there Taengoo.”

Taeyeon fidgeted in her spot, “I was looking for you.”

Jessica turned to lean her arm on the door, “Yea? What for?”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica who was leaning on the door, rather ily, “Umm it is kind of hard to say since we have been friends for quite a while now.”

“Shouldn’t it be easier since we are good friends?”

Taeyeon looked down for a second before approaching Jessica closer so she could give the girl a quick peck on the cheek, “I love you.”

Jessica slowly raised her hand to touch her cheek, “O-or you could show me...” the girl said in a daze.

Taeyeon’s face was blushing, “Yea...” The two fell in silence for a while, “So umm....do you have something to say back to my action?”

Jessica broke from her daze, “It is hard to say...” Taeyeon looked down in disappointment, but Jessica lifted the girl’s chin up so she could kiss the girl softly on the lips, “I love you too.”

Taeyeon smiled in excitement, “really?”

Jessica matched the bright smile of the other girl, “Yea...really.”

Taeyeon rubbed the back of her head in disbelief, “Wow...it really is that easy.”

Jessica raised her brow in curiosity, “Wait...did you ask someone for advice?”

“Well I asked our friends. They were all super strange but they told me to just kiss the girl. Super strange that they knew I liked a girl. I never told them I liked a girl.”

Jessica chuckled, “I guess we have some great friends.”

Taeyeon nodded, “Yep...because they got me the girl.”

“I feel like you are starting to get cheesy like those romance movies.”

Taeyeon linked her fingers with Jessica, “Who cares. I just wanted you.”

“Well you have me.”

 

~END~

 

 

 


Author's Note

So whose confession story did you like best?? Just curious.

Also if you haven't taken a look at it yet, I did a taengsic three-shot: Lost In Love