Stolen: Part 2

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

Taeyeon held her crying wife in her arms tightly as the tears were stained dry on her face, “Sweetie...”

Because Jessica was holding on her so tight, Taeyeon could only look up at her father-in-law, “Mr. Jung...”

The older man sat next to the two and rubbed her daughter’s back to soothe her, “Girls it will be okay. I hired my own men to assist the police. Do you know why or if it is for money? You know I would pay anything to get my granddaughter back.”

Jessica shifted in her seat to let go of Taeyeon and face her father before wiping the tears away, “Daddy...she is okay right? She will come back to us right?”

The older man lifted his hand heavily to wipe away the tears in his daughter’s eyes, “Sure sweetie.” Shifting his attention to Taeyeon, “Taeyeon where are your parents?”

“They are on vacation. I called them but they can’t be here until the morning. I also called my brother who is on his way.” Taeyeon said between a few sniffles.

“Excuse me are you the Kims?” A sturdy but handsome officer said standing before the morning group.

“Y-yes.”

“Can I ask a few questions?”

“Of course.”

The officer took a seat across from the distraught couple, “Can you go through the night before you noticed she was taken. If there were any unusual sounds, don’t leave out small details like that okay?”

Jessica looked up at Taeyeon since she was awake the whole night. Seeing the hint, Taeyeon cleared , “It was a usual night after dinner we put Soojung to bed. There was nothing out of the usual when we readied her and then sang her to sleep like we always do. After finishing putting her to bed, Jessica and I went down the stairs to watch our favorite show. Jessica feel asleep for most of it but during that time, I heard nothing usual, not even the neighbor’s dog barking. Anyway, when the show ended, I woke Jessica up and we both went to bed.”

“You didn’t check on Soojung before going to bed?”

“No. We were tired and she wakes up with just the slightest sounds.”

“Okay then tell me about the morning when you found her missing.”

Taeyeon started again, “I woke up first for work. Jessica was still sleeping so I didn’t wake her up. I thought of going down to make breakfast but I wanted to see Soojung first thing in the morning so I opened her door...and...she was gone.”

“Did you see anything unusual or signs of struggle?”

“The window was open. I would never leave it open in the night, but other than that, things looked normal.”

The officer wrote down a few notes before standing up, “Thanks for helping. We will be in contact.”

Immediately, Mr. Jung got up and went to the officer, leaving the couple behind. Taeyeon looked at her wife and hugged her tightly, “Don’t worry baby. Your father is here now. He can make anything happen.”

Jessica hid her face in the crook of her wife’s neck, “I know. Daddy will find out Soojung.”

 

Once Taeyeon’s brother arrived along with several other family members, the crew went out to do a search party. They combed through areas around the house and called various places the Kims would take Soojung but the first day of looking showed no results.

Taeyeon was exhausted with the search and dealing with various law enforcement that she was going to get a nap in or so. Bidding her brother a good night, Taeyeon went up the stairs to wash her face but a light in Soojung’s room immediately made her heart beat faster as if the girl would return, but as she entered she saw a heartbreaking sight. Jessica was sitting on Soojung’s bed playing with her favorite stuffed unicorn.

Feeling her wife’s presence, Jessica turned to face Taeyeon with tears once again streaming down, “How could our Soojung sleep without him?”

Taeyeon looked at her wife with worry before joining her on the bed, “I don’t know sweetie.”

“Why do I feel like a failure as a parent? I couldn’t even protect her...and now she is alone without anyone to care for her. How can she eat or sleep?”

Taeyeon didn’t know what else to do but hold her wife and lie. She wanted to lie to both herself and Jessica, “I am sure she is being taken care of well. Tomorrow we will find her.”

Jessica pushed Taeyeon away to look at her face, “What if we don’t find her tomorrow?”

Taeyeon gulped as she looked down at the unicorn in Jessica’s hand, “We will. We will find our Soojung.”

Shuffling closer, Jessica found just a bit of comfort in her wife’s arms yet the security she once found in those arms, didn’t feel as strong. Either she was breaking or they both were...slowly.

------------------------------

It continued for two days. Two days of endless searching, sobs in the night and longing for their daughter, “Tae...I am not sure how much longer...I...”

Taeyeon wrapped her arms around her wife tightly, “It is hard for me too baby but we have to be strong for Soojung.”

Jessica had no more tears so she was only able to melt in her wife’s warmth, “You were always my anchor Tae...so strong when I think my world is sinking.”

Taeyeon let out a bitter laugh, “We would both drown if one of us couldn’t swim in a storm.”

Jessica shifted to give her wife a kiss on the cheek, “Thank you.”

Taeyeon looked into the sincerity that was emitting from her wife’s eyes, “Jessica you are stronger than you think and you will always be the reason I think anything is possible. Both you and Soojung are my most precious gifts...a miracle that you even took interest in me and gave me Soojung. I couldn’t...no I wouldn’t be anyone without you.”

Although the turmoil that was surrounding the couple, they both knew that the other was able to give a strange feeling of solace. Jessica found a little bit of piece that night and fell asleep but the slumber was quickly disrupted by a phone call.

Taeyeon immediately got up and went to the phone, “Hello? You found her! Yes right away!”

Jessica stood up, “Soojung? They found her?!”

Taeyeon was about to cry tears of joy, “Yes. It was your father. He has her right now.”

Jessica was already putting on her coat, “Let’s go. I need to see my baby.”

Taeyeon was ready to cry tears of joy as she quickly grabbed the car keys and went out the door with her wife.

Speeding a bit, the women rushed into the police station immediately spotting their daughter on her grandfather’s lap, “Mommy!”

Rushing over to her mothers, Soojung hugged them both, “Baby we missed you.”

Taeyeon let go so Jessica could pick up their daughter and hold her tightly. Feeling rage building up as she saw the culprit who took her daughter, “what the....how could you do that to a little girl!”

Mr. Jung had to hold back the angry girl, “Taeyeon calm down. Soojung is watching and we want to settle this without much news coverage.”

“I want him locked away for life! I don’t care about the news! He took her!”

Mr. Jung sighed as he held the girl back, “We will. Don’t worry about this right now and be with your daughter.”

Taeyeon swallowed her anger before going over to Jessica who handed Soojung to her, “Baby mommy missed you so much!”

Soojung held her other mommy with affection, “but Soojung is okay. Uncle took good care of me and gave me yummy foods.”

Taeyeon looked at her daughter, “Why did you go with that uncle baby? You know you should ask mommy before leaving the house.”

Soojung looked down in disappointment, “Sorry mommy. I know him from grandpa’s company. He isn’t stranger but I ask mommy next time.”

Taeyeon sighed as she saw how her daughter saw no wrong in her actions, “Even if you know him baby, you need to ask mommy okay.”

Soojung nodded as she let her mom hold her, “Jessica how about we go home for now.”

Jessica clenched her fists as she looked at the man who took her daughter before looking at her dad, “Dad I trust you.”

Mr. Jung smiled as he nodded, “Just be with your family sweetie. Your dad can do this alone.”

Jessica gave her dad a huge hug before leaving with Taeyeon and Soojung.

Once they were back home, the three of them shared the master bed as Jessica and Taeyeon saw Soojung resting in the middle of both of them, “What did daddy tell you Tae?”

“It was a short phone call Sica, but he did say it was for money. I am guessing a distraught past worker of your father took her for money. He called your father for the money and that is how he got caught.”

Jessica nodded, “I know him. He was a department head but daddy closed the entire department to get out of that area of real estate. I am sure he was hurt but what right does he have to take her, why not take me?”

Taeyeon reached over to intertwine her fingers with Jessica, “Probably because you are not easily bribed with tacos and you also have one powerful kick.”

Jessica laughed at her wife, “Soojung takes after me remember...I think she is almost on my level of kicking abilities.”

Taeyeon let out a playful gasp, “You are teaching our daughter bad things?”

Jessica tried to hold her giggle as she her daughter’s hair, “Maybe...I need an accomplice if we need to gang up on mommy Taengoo.”

Taeyeon smiled at her wife’s foolishness, “you should both just love and care for mommy Taengoo...she does that for both of you.”

Jessica looked into Taeyeon’s eyes, “We love you very much...more than we can ever show.”

Taeyeon smiled as she laid down in bed to hug Jessica and their daughter, “I do too...all I need is you two. With you both, my life will forever be complete.”

Jessica smiled as she felt the same. Her family was her happiness.

 

~END~

 

 

 


Author's Note

Second part for ya! Just in time before I leave. Catch you at a later date readers :)