Just a Dream

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

 

We were so in love. I remember the nights we would spend just holding each other because we couldn’t bear the thought of going to sleep and waste our precious time together. Now that I think back, those times were precious in deed. Right now I can’t help but think about us and what we could be but those times are just a dream.

 

There was a time that I thought I could give you everything but who was I kidding? You wanted me to be there and I wasn’t. You wanted me to give you my heart but I couldn’t. Yet when I saw all of this, it was too late and now it is me who wants to go back in time and get back what I could have had. However, what we had are only in our dreams.

 

I can still feel the softness of your skin on mine when we used to hold each other close. Why was I so careless to leave you lonely in bed at night? Now that I want your touch, I am the one alone in bed but I can’t even cry those silent tears because you cried enough for the both of us. To see your happiness again would only be in my dreams.

 

We were selfish to think that love would be the thing that could keep us together. When did our love turn to jealousy, anger and hate? I want those precious times back where you could give me one look and I could see the depth of your love, feel those kisses that electrified with passion, and hear those words to reassure me that you were always mine. After a while, those words were not fooling anyone and I find myself only living with you happily in my dreams.

 

I cry out to you now hoping to get back what we had but I know you have already moved on. I’ve tried calling you on the phone but you ignore my calls. I know I did wrong but I am stupid enough to ask for a second chance.

 

I can still see your beautiful face, my fingers running through your soft hair, but it is time for me to open my eyes and see that it was all just a dream.

 


Author's Note

I was inspired to do a story about Nelly's song "Just a Dream" but it seems I only got a drabble out of it. Who is talking to who?? You can use your imagination ;)