Butterfly

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

 

Taeyeon was lounging on her couching binging on Cheetos and watching some random drama that all her classmates were raving about when her phone started lighting up. Wiping her orange fingertips on her shirt, Taeyeon picked up her phone looking at it strangely. The number was not one she was familiar with also this person claimed to be Jessica Jung. Really who would believe that Jessica Jung, the famous idol/actress, would be contacting this almost broke and starving artist trying to finish her college degree? Nonsense.

Throwing her phone away, Taeyeon reached back for her Cheetos but her phone was still lighting up with messages from this “Jessica”. Out of curiosity, Taeyeon went and read through all the messages but the last one made her eyes go wide, “no way…”

Truth be told, Taeyeon and Jessica were not strangers. Back in high school both she and Jessica attended the prestigious school known to be attended by practically every idol in the entertainment industry. That was because it specialized in the arts.  Taeyeon being an artist herself, not in acting or singing, but in video and photography, she went to that school too. There were so many idols around that Taeyeon often lost track of who was in what group now but Jessica was different since they were friends. However like every other idol that went to the school, Taeyeon didn’t hear a thing from them after they debuted. Same went for Jessica. Taeyeon chalked up her friendship to Jessica as a passing phase. They were schoolmates but nothing more than acquaintances in the real world; the one where Jessica was famous and Taeyeon was not.

Yet after 6 years, Taeyeon sees on her phone a picture of her and Jessica at graduation together. There was no way any other human should have that photo but Jessica.

Taeyeon played around with her phone for a while as she looked at the photo and contemplated the other messages in her head, “Taeyeon it has been so long. Sorry I got your number from an old friend. Do you think we can meet? I know it is strange that we haven’t talked in YEARS but please? In case you forgot about me, this is the last picture we have together.”

Taeyeon never forgot about Jessica. Having a massive crush on your friends was not something you forgot even if it had been nearly a decade since she last saw her in person. Back then, Taeyeon tried so hard not to confess her feelings for fear of rejection but to avoid reoccurring feelings, Taeyeon did her best to avoid anything related to Jessica the past years. Taeyeon wondered if it would be better to ignore these messages so she could continue on with her boring life and not complicate anything with her stupid feelings.

Unfortunately for Taeyeon her fingers typed out one sentence back, “Where should we meet?” After pressing send, Taeyeon groaned as she rolled onto her back, “What if it is some creep that stole her phone? Ah Taeyeon you are opening Pandora’s box!”

Quickly a message came back, “Do you know a place called Im’s Café? It is a bit hard to get to but it is near our old school.”

Taeyeon smiled because that was a very secluded area that most underground artists liked to hang out at, “I know…I go there a lot.” Taeyeon wondered if Jessica went there and they passed without realizing one another was there.

“I have time Monday after 3pm and Thursday before 6pm. I hope one of those times work.”

Taeyeon was a student without a job. Jessica could have said some crazy time and all of them would work, “Thursday at 10am?”

“It is a date ;)”

Taeyeon blushed at the winking face…maybe this was a bad idea after all.

------------------------------

 

Taeyeon was chic with her overalls and hat that made her look like she was 10 years younger than her actual age but instead of trying to make herself look older, Taeyeon decided to embrace her innocence. Age didn’t matter in her field anyway. Arriving much earlier than this Jessica, Taeyeon decided to work on her laptop. She was busy with her capstone project for graduation and was going over several ideas in her head on what to do for it. Most of her work was in video photography so Taeyeon thought about several ways to display what she learned in school best. Her ultimate goal was to be a fashion photographer or director of commercials, ads or music videos. She never liked the idea of directing something as grand as TV dramas or movies so she would settle on lesser pay to do something more artistic.

“Hey did you wait long?”

Taeyeon looked over her laptop and saw a woman covered with a hat and mask but those eyes, Taeyeon couldn’t believe it was Jessica, “ah..umm no…I mean I was here early but on purpose.”

Jessica looked around the café, “do you mind if we switch seats so my back is to everyone?”

Taeyeon knew what she meant so Taeyeon gladly got up and put her laptop away, “is that more comfortable?”

Jessica peeled off her face mask and put it into her bag all while smiling at Taeyeon turning her heart into mush, “Wow you haven’t changed a bit.”

Taeyeon gulped as she stared at the star in front of her, “You umm got much prettier.”

Jessica giggled at Taeyeon, “Idol life you have to look perfect I guess and better fashion right? Those school uniforms were not the most fashionable.”

Taeyeon thought Jessica looked nice in those skirts, “ah yea.”

“I didn’t know if you would be here honestly…”

Taeyeon raised her brow, “Why wouldn’t I?”

“You and I haven’t talked since I debuted…it could be strange meeting me after so long right?”

Taeyeon had thought of that but now that Jessica was right here in front of her, those reasons sounded stupid, “I would never…if anything, I thought you forgot I existed.”

Shaking her head, “Not once. You were like my only true friend in school. Others wanted to befriend me because I was going to be an idol under a big agency but you…you didn’t seem to care what I was doing in the future. I really miss that.”

“Is that why you contacted me?” Now Taeyeon was curious to what could have been happening in her life to call back an old friend.

“After 6 years in the entertainment industry, you can spot out the fake from real people but it wasn’t always like that. I received a lot of love from so many fans and other idols but…none of it seems real. I got a break this year and I thought I would find the one friend that was actually my friend.” Jessica said honestly.

Taeyeon was astonished at Jessica’s confession, “so you found me?”

“Yea.”

“Well now that you found me, umm what do you want? To be friends again? I don’t mean to sound harsh but we really don’t know about one another. High school was so long ago that I don’t think I am the same person and I don’t think you are either.” Taeyeon hated that she had to be a realist during a point Jessica was having a hard time.

Sighing, Jessica leaned on her hand, “I was hoping to reconnect. If you had time, we could do this coffee and talking. I just want to live a normal life for once.”

Taeyeon laughed, “I don’t think you can…you are going to get spotted and superstar Jessica will have to come out.”

“Then lets go to a place no one will know me. Europe?”

Taeyeon laughed as she shook her head, “Europe? I hardly have enough money to get me to Jeju.”

“I can pay for everything. Money isn’t an issue for me.”

The thought of running off with Jessica to have fun was tempting but then there was that stupid capstone project. Taeyeon did want to graduate, “I don’t think I have time. Just because you have a break doesn’t mean I do.”

Jessica looked down sad, “Oh…I am sorry for bothering you during a difficult time.”

Taeyeon reached over and grabbed Jessica’s arm, “can you wait a few months? I will be done with my final year project and graduated.”

“I have time now but maybe not later,” Jessica bit her bottom lip, “w-what are you working on? I know you were a genius behind the camera so is that what you are doing now?”

Taeyeon nodded, “Yep. I went to college for the visual arts but didn’t find much work after graduation so I went to get an advanced degree in directing.”

“Oh so you are going to be a director now?”

“No no…just a way to get my foot in the door really.” Taeyeon tried laughing off the idea of her shouting directions to people on stage.

“Can I ask what you are doing for your project?”

Taeyeon scratched the back of her head, “I was actually trying to figure it out. We have to include still and video into a 30 minute video. Other students have found their actors and I am still trying to find a good topic to show off my skills in editing.”

A sinister grin came on Jessica’s face, “you know there is a model I know you could use. She is extremely beautiful and I bet she would even do this for free for you.”

“Oh no…I can’t use your connections like that. I mean we just like re-met a few hours ago.”

“Taeyeon you want to pass right?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Then why not use your resources?”

“Well…I don’t know…”

“Oh come on…a pretty girl highlighting your video would give a nice appeal, I mean you do want to work with people in my business eventually right?”

Taeyeon nodded again, “Yes…but I don’t have a theme ready to ask her to participate.”

Jessica moved her finger around the rim of her empty cup, “How about highlighting the life of Jessica Jung’s life around Europe?”

Taeyeon’s eyes grew round, “W-what?”

“Come on Taeyeon…take a trip with me to Europe. We can hang out and you can video everything. It is like killing two birds with one stone right?”

“J-Jessica that is insane. I can’t just frolic off to Europe!”

“I can see it now. The beautiful architecture of Spain in the background of all your shots or the mountains of Switzerland? The perfect ascetics for an A-worthy capstone project right?”

Taeyeon’s jaw hung low in disbelief because she was picturing everything in her head and it did seem perfect. Adding onto the beautiful scenery was Jessica giving her viewers a tour of her adventures.

“We can use my company too Taeyeon. We have people’s whose job is to organize trips for us so we don’t have to go to travel agencies. I can get us plans and tickets in less than a week. You have a passport right?”

Taeyeon nodded.

With her broad gummy smile, Jessica got up and handed Taeyeon her card, “Come to the company tomorrow Taeyeon. We will plan this all out okay?”

Taeyeon turned around to see Jessica leave, “what the heck happened?”

-------------------

The next few weeks were a blur to Taeyeon. So much happened in such a short amount of time that she didn’t know what was real or not. It started with Taeyeon going to SM Entertainment and being guided to the HR department where she met Jessica again. It seemed like the other girl planned most of it out herself and they went over the details together. Taeyeon didn’t know most of the places that Jessica mentioned they should visit and she cursed herself for not knowing geography better but Taeyeon had to trust Jessica’s judgement.

Taeyeon was stupid and never got a passport so the company had some crazy connections to the Korean Embassy or paid a lot of money for her to get one in 2 days time. Then they went to a collection room that was like the holy grail for Taeyeon. Cameras, recorders, video equipment and other recording media stored in one room for anyone at the company to check out and use. Taeyeon wanted to try everything out but she picked around for some smaller equipment that was easily packed for the trip, although the 10lb video camera was tempting for its clear shots.

After that Taeyeon and Jessica met to go over the video together and shoot around ideas for how to approach certain locations as well as money and day to day living in a country only Jessica could communicate in. Again Taeyeon cursed at herself for not learning English.

Then it was d-day. Taeyeon went to the airport before Jessica so she wouldn’t be caught in all the attention Jessica might receive if caught fleeing the country. Jessica told her about several crazy fans that they could encounter and she didn’t know how they could find out about some of her schedules before she did, but she hoped that they wouldn’t catch onto her personal plans.

Taeyeon never had been abroad before so the thought of being in first-class was unusual for her first trip. She looked back to see the others in economy squished together, a place she should have been, but Jessica wanted to sit together. That means she gets the luxury of first-class with service she was afraid to ask for.

After the plane went up, Taeyeon pulled out the self-video camera and handed it to Jessica, “Did you want to start here on the plane?”

Jessica put down her phone, “Ah yea we should. Riding planes is very normal for me.”

Taeyeon looked around for the best place to put the camera but every angle seemed strange, “Hold on I have a mount somewhere.” Rummaging through her bag, Taeyeon found the clip-on mount for the self-filming video camera, “Ok. So this is the record and this is the stop. We don’t need to record everything but it would be better so I can edit later. I promise to edit out anything that doesn’t come out pretty.”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a light jab on the shoulder, “I always look pretty.”

Taeyeon smiled as she clipped the camera into place and found a good angle to focus on Jessica, “so feel free to watch yourself and adjust as you see fit for a better view of what you are doing. You can talk to it if you want, the voice can be edited out if we don’t like it. I can also alter any background noise out.”

Jessica watched as Taeyeon explained the features secretly admiring the professionalism Taeyeon emitted, “I got it. You should go rest.”

Taeyeon nodded, “remember not to include me. This is your documentary okay?”

Jessica did want to take a few shots of Taeyeon, “I can record you at all this vacation?”

“I will edit it out if you do.”

“That doesn’t sound like a no.” Jessica smiled to herself as Taeyeon took her seat again.

Taeyeon drifted in and out of sleep but when she was awake she tried to take several glances Jessica’s direction to see what the girl was doing for the camera. She saw her explain the food, show the book she was reading and found some adorable shots of her sleeping which she knew she was including in the final edit. Overall, the long flight didn’t seem so long with Jessica along with her.

 

When the plane landed, Taeyeon took control of the camera but didn’t pack it away. She wanted to use it when she could every step of the way. There were random shots of the airport and outside of the terminal but her focus was on Jessica who would turn around and try to hurry Taeyeon along complaining about the long customs line. Taeyeon was yelled at to put her camera away when they hit customs but was quick to pull it out when they exited to get their bags.

“Taeyeon there is our driver.”

Taeyeon hurried along with the bags as Jessica took control of the camera, “How is the battery doing? We filmed like 10 hours already.”

Jessica looked at the battery indicator, “Yellow so we are okay till the hotel right?”

“Yea we should be.”

A young Korean man greeted the woman, “Welcome to Italy ladies!”

Jessica raised her brows, “I didn’t know our guide would be Korean.”

“There are guides here from every country to show the beautiful Italia!” The man was polite enough to take their bags, “Come on our valet parking is a floor down.”

Taeyeon trailed behind Jessica as they got into the car to drive off to their hotel. Taeyeon couldn’t believe what she was seeing from outside of her window. The buildings were exquisite and ideas of how to do angling in such a beautiful atmosphere circled around her head that it made her dizzy.

“Taeyeon we are here.”

Breaking out of her trance, Taeyeon saw Jessica urging her out of the car and into the hotel. Red and gold lined the entirety of the lobby of the grand hotel. She figured on the flight that Jessica skipped no expense in making their trip as comfortable as possible for herself.

Jessica went up to the counter, “room under Jung.”

The concierge typed in a few things, “I see 1 room for Jung.”

Jessica smiled, “Yes one.”

Taeyeon looked up at Jessica curiously because her English was lacking but not enough to recognize numbers, “One? Jessica we have separate rooms right?”

Jessica waved Taeyeon off while she collected the key, “Lets go up and rest before a meal.”

Taeyeon looked down at the single key. There was no way that Jessica only got one room right?

Returning to their guide, Jessica told him to return closer to dinner time so they could rest. Of course the guide was getting paid a large amount by the hour so he didn’t mind whatever demands Jessica gave him.

Resuming her filming, Taeyeon went around taking shots of the hotel as she followed Jessica up into their single room before turning off the camera, “Jessica where am I to sleep?”

“What do you mean?”

Taeyeon pointed at the single bed.

“Oh come on Taeyeon we are friends. Girls share beds.”

Taeyeon thought of many reasons not to share a bed with Jessica but she couldn’t tell Jessica, “ah yea…”

“Hey give me the camera to film something before I take a nap.”

Taeyeon handed the camera over and she watched Jessica give a short tour of the room and a indulged conversation about her long flight and how tired she was before handing it back to Taeyeon, “get some rest too.”

Taeyeon went over to plug the camera into the outlet after finding her power converter set. She was hesitant at first to slip under the covers with Jessica but her urge not to sleep on the floor was too great and Taeyeon went under the silky comfort of a foreign bed. After a long flight, Taeyeon needed this restful night of sleep before hers and Jessica’s adventure across Europe started.

-------------------

Taeyeon was enjoying herself. She almost forgot that she was shooting footage for her school and loved capturing the city and of course Jessica. They both experimented with the cameras on their first tour of Rome. Sometimes Jessica would be filming herself and Taeyeon would take in the surroundings or other times, Taeyeon only filmed Jessica as she went around the city taking in the sights.

Not wanting to have Taeyeon be on the opposite side of the camera all the time, Jessica pushed Taeyeon closer to get a few selcas together on her phone, “relax these are not going in the video but I do want to have some memories saved of you on the trip with me.”

Taeyeon didn’t mind as much getting her picture taken with Jessica and Jessica loved the freedom to wander around the city without a soul asking for her autograph, “I never felt this free in my life.” Jessica often said to Taeyeon.

Even during meals, Taeyeon would set up cameras to capture Jessica eating at several angles but the bombardment of cameras didn’t bother Jessica, “if I was afraid of cameras, I wouldn’t be able to do my job right?”

Taeyeon understood Jessica better than she ever did before. The act of filming someone’s smallest of actions made Taeyeon feel like she had known Jessica her whole life. To the point where Taeyeon noticed when Jessica was hungry, excited or saddened.

“Come on Tae you are slowing us down. We need to see several more things before traveling north to Prague.”

Taeyeon couldn’t help but find herself amused by a kitten she passed by. There were thoughts of reference of this kitten and Jessica for her video but that idea might be too crazy for a 30 minute video.

Hurrying along, Taeyeon caught up to Jessica who was just looking around as they went towards the ruins of Rome, “Hey Taeyeon have you ever had the feeling you could go a long time without meeting someone but then when you do meet again, it is like you never left one another’s life?”

Taeyeon thought for a bit, “I think so.”

Jessica turned back with a beautiful smile on her face that Taeyeon wanted to capture it, “I feel that way with you.”

“I-I think I feel that way about you too.”

“We shouldn’t go years not meeting each other again though…” Jessica added.

Taeyeon couldn’t even keep her gaze on Jessica when she looked down at the ground to confess, “I hope we can see one another when we get back to Korea too.”

It was the closest thing to a confession that day.

------------------

The wheels of the plane went up as Taeyeon relaxed in her seat. It wasn’t as luxurious as her flight to Italy but first class was nice sitting next to Jessica who was still recording her life. Taeyeon tried to remain quiet and let Jessica record certain actions but she could see that Jessica was tired and the whole montage was going to be of her sleeping this plane ride.

When the plane was about to land, Taeyeon turned off the camera and stored it away before waking Jessica, “Hey we are here.”

A bit groggy, Jessica rubbed her eyes, “Oh I didn’t get much video did I?”

“You did but it was of this.” Taeyeon reenacted Jessica’s sleeping habits of sticking out her tongue.

Jessica gave Taeyeon a light smack, “I do it much cuter than that.”

Taeyeon laughed the whole way off the plane showing Jessica her horrible sleeping habits. It was then that Jessica realized how much she missed Taeyeon. When the trip will end, Jessica doesn’t really want a life without Taeyeon anymore.

“Welcome to Prague!”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica who probably knew the English, “Taeyeon I think our guide is going to speak English the whole time, but I will translate.”

“Are you two ladies ready to see a city full of wonder and history?”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon who was very confused, “Don’t worry I will only tell you the important stuff.”

The two girls got into the car and went off, “Taeyeon give me the camera.”

Reaching into her bag, Taeyeon got the camera out and passed it to Jessica, “It is really pretty here.”

Jessica happily turned it on and turned it to the window, “I never thought of coming here before but it is beautiful.”

Taeyeon smiled as she watched the sights go by heading into the city which was just as beautiful. The whole ride she was lost in the sights to know that Jessica was filming more than what was going on outside of the car.

 

Taeyeon entered the hotel and plopped onto the bed, “Hey don’t laze around we have to head out soon.”

Taeyeon groaned, “Vacation should be relaxing. Why did your planners put together such a busy schedule?”

Jessica threw some clothes at Taeyeon, “I don’t know how to relax so get dressed.” Not caring about her surroundings, Taeyeon sat up and took off her top causing Jessica to quickly look away, “I-I didn’t say get dressed here…”

Taeyeon pulled the top over her head, “Sorry…umm are you changing?”

Jessica took a pile of clothes, “I will be done soon,” and ran to the bathroom to change.

Taeyeon didn’t know why Jessica was so shy about changing in front of her. They were both girls and they were not getting .

“Done. Let’s go.”

Taeyeon was stunned at first, “wow you look really pretty.”

Jessica looked down at her casual clothes, “I just put my hair up and put a bit of makeup on…”

“W-well your casual look is charming.” Taeyeon gave the other girl a gummy smile before getting up and holding her hand, “We should go.”

Jessica laced her fingers with Taeyeons’, “Yea.”

Meeting their guide downstairs, Taeyeon and Jessica didn’t let their hands go once, “We are going to the town square for lunch.”

Taeyeon and Jessica were expecting to take a cab to the square but a horse and buggy greeted them, “Are we riding that?”

The guide nodded happily, “The town is full of a rich history that will be best described the way the people lived!”

Taeyeon was curious about the strange form of transportation and got in with the camera catching several angles of the horses, “Jessica come on. It is comfortable.”

Jessica was nervous at first but she got into the carriage sitting next to Taeyeon who was ready to film their whole adventure, “You can hold onto me if you are scared.”

Leaning over, Jessica found comfort in Taeyeon. The whole ride, Jessica never unhooked her arm with Taeyeon. She latched onto Taeyeon harder each bump but Taeyeon didn’t mind. Taeyeon was happy that she was getting great footage of the city and a few of Jessica looking off into the distance.

“The town square was founded in the 12th century. As you can see there are many landmarks here with one of the oldest clocks on the Old Town Hall.”

Jessica whispered over to Taeyeon and translated the history the guide was giving them on the way. Taeyeon was astonished with the rich history the town had from the Medieval times along with the darker-styled architecture. It was truly something different than anything she saw in Korea.

“The restaurant is here.”

Taeyeon got out of the carriage first to help Jessica after her. They were nearly glued to one another’s hands as they walked into the restaurant and out to the patio to eat. The view was simply amazing that Taeyeon didn’t want to put the camera down as they ate. She watched Jessica eat every bite of pasta so elegantly as if she was there filming a food CF.

“Taeyeon you didn’t like?”

Taeyeon was so busy filming that she let her meal go cold.

“Here put the camera down and eat. I don’t need my photographer fainting because she was too busy to eat.”

Taeyeon was thankful for Jessica’s concern and went on to eat her food. It probably would have tasted better if she didn’t let the noodles get so cold but Taeyeon ate the whole plate full of food despite that fact.

After the lunch, Taeyeon couldn’t stop laughing at Jessica’s strange picture requests. There was a mix of some very nice pictures but then there were others that Jessica doing strange things in the street, “Who are you trying to impress?”

“The fans will like it!” Jessica yelled out.

Taeyeon shook her head wondering why the fans wanted to see her pose like that. It wasn’t natural.

“Come on lets go into the church.”

Taeyeon followed along but had to turn off the camera as they entered, “I didn’t know you were religious.”

Jessica shrugged, “You don’t need to be religious to appreciate art.”

Taeyeon looked around at the beautiful arches and paintings along with the gold trim near the alter. It was very beautiful.

“This kind of art needs to be seen in person to fully appreciate. You could take all the pictures you want but none of that would matter. It is what you see here and now with the feelings of everything around you that captures a better picture…the one in your heart.”

Taeyeon didn’t know at that point what it meant when she felt the same way the whole trip with Jessica. There was the Jessica in front of her camera, but Taeyeon knew there was much more to capture than just that.

The rest of their trip in Prague was visiting museums and other churches however they both knew the last location was going to be the most grand.

“We have 5 days?”

Jessica nodded, “I hope it is enough time. There is so much to see! The mountains and the city.”

Taeyeon worked hard to close her suitcase, “I don’t think we can buy more souvenirs or we will have to keep a camera behind.”

Jessica laughed as she went over to help Taeyeon, “who are you buying for?”

“My family mostly.”

“Anything for yourself?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “Everything I want from this trip is in the SD card.”

Jessica frowned, “not my amazing company?”

Taeyeon looked up to see Jessica distressed, “Can I take your company home to Korea with me?”

Jessica sighed as she sat on the bed, “You know after the trip…this doesn’t have to end.”

“Jessica I know what your job means. You proved the past 6 years that you have a very demanding job that doesn’t allow much time away from your work.”

“Tae…it isn’t like before. I have more freedom now. Please don’t push me away when the trip is over and we go back to our separate lives. I don’t want to have you as a memory.”

Taeyeon nodded, “I don’t want this to end either.”

Jessica got up from the bed to walk over to Taeyeon and gave her a sudden hug, “Thanks.”

Taeyeon let out an awkward chuckle, “For what?”

“Letting me back into your life and for not giving up on me,” Jessica released the hug, “I will make an effort to see you. I promise.”

“I hope.”

Jessica linked their pinkies, “It is a promise.”

“O-ok.”

------------------------

Taeyeon and Jessica arrived in Switzerland late at night and went to the hotel to sleep. Arriving so late, the girls didn’t know what lay beyond the window until Taeyeon woke up early to open the curtains and see the sun rising beyond the mountains. Taeyeon rushed over to her camera and played around with several settings to take the perfect pictures.

“What are you doing?”

Taeyeon jumped hearing Jessica’s voice behind her, “Oh it was really nice.”

Jessica looked over Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Wow I didn’t know we had such a great view.”

Taeyeon nodded, “Do you want to order breakfast? We can have it on the balcony.”

“I would love that.”

“I umm don’t know English so you will have to…” Taeyeon looked down embarrassed at her lack of survival skills.

Jessica didn’t mind as she picked up the phone to order their morning meal.

When the food arrived they spread the meal out on the balcony and Taeyeon took out the camera to film Jessica enjoying her morning meal but Jessica pushed the camera down, “hey how about we have this moment to our self?”

 

Taeyeon smiled as she plopped some food into , “I could get used to waking up to this everyday.”

Jessica nodded, “Me too. I am not sure I want to go back to Seoul if you were here keeping me company.”

Taeyeon leaned back into her chair sipping on her morning coffee, “we should go up there.”

Jessica looked to where Taeyeon was pointing, “the top of the mountain?”

“Yea. I love looking at it but imagine being on the top.”

“Let’s go then.”

“Really?”

“It can’t be that hard. I will ask when we get downstairs.”

Taeyeon hopped out of her seat, “I will go get ready.”

Jessica watched as Taeyeon went back into the room to pack up for a hike, “the view is beautiful.”

-----------------

Jessica held a map in her hand on how to get up to the top of the nearest mountain which required the girls to take a gondola up most of the way. Taeyeon had never taken such a device before, “is this safe?”

“Oh my god Taeyeon just get in! It is safe.”

Taeyeon hesitantly entered what she thought was a death trap, “how do you know the rope won’t snap mid way?”

“I have taken these many times. Very safe.” Jessica tried convincing Taeyeon all the while trying to film their ride up because Taeyeon was too scared to let go of the bar in the gondola.

“It is like we are floating on air.” Taeyeon looked down still not moving from her spot.

Jessica approached the frightened girl to rub her arm in reassurance, “nothing will happen. If you relax, this could be really fun.”

Suddenly the gondola stopped and Taeyeon jumped onto Jessica for dear life, “we are going to die!”

Jessica laughed as the oxygen was being drained from her body, “We are not! I am sure someone had a hard time getting on like you.”

“We are trapped!”

Jessica didn’t know if she should laugh at the situation or comfort Taeyeon who was convinced this was the end of her life, “It will move again soon. Don’t worry too much.”

“I value my life!”

“I do too,” Jessica pulled Taeyeon into a hug, “I value your life too.”

When the machine resumed moving, Taeyeon relaxed a bit in Jessica’s arms but she didn’t let go. She relied on the even breathing and warmth from Jessica to keep her calm the rest of the way up.

“Hey we are here.”

Taeyeon released her grip on Jessica and got out of the death-trap carefully, “Is there another way down?”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “no. We have to do that all over again.”

Taeyeon looked back at the device hoping she could do it once more.

“Hey there is a cabin. Lets get something to warm up with.”

While Jessica’s sights were on the café, something else interested her, “Hey you go ahead I want to check something out first."

Jessica looked back at Taeyeon wondering if she would be okay alone but Taeyeon reassured her that it was fine.

Taeyeon walked around to the side of the building, “rent?”

The man the stall pulled out a medium sized device, “$20.”

Taeyeon went around in her pockets for money looking for an amount close to what was on the board, “This?”

The man nodded, “you know how to use?”

Taeyeon took the controls and showed the man that she was experienced. Allowing her to have the device, Taeyeon walked along before pulling out her phone and hooking it up to the device.

Jessica came out of the café handing Taeyeon a drink, “Is that a drone?”

Taeyeon smiled brightly, “Yep! I can get areal film of you with my phone now.”

“Ohhh fancy. We should try it out.”

Taeyeon set her phone to record before stepping back, “Okay here it goes.”

Taeyeon maneuvered the drone to focus on Jessica before having it shoot into the air capturing the majestic mountains they were on.

Taeyeon was pleased with her first shot so she brought the drone down to take out her phone, “wow this is awesome.”

Jessica watched the video in awe, “I am impressed.”

“We should do more shots up here with this.”

Jessica continued to sip on her coffee, “humm we should find a good place.”

Taeyeon picked up the drone as they walked around the mountaintop, “Is that a fireplace?”

Taeyeon saw where Jessica was looking, “I think it is an outside bar.”

“Hook that up and film me.”

Taeyeon went to readjust her phone onto the drone while Jessica ran to throw away her cup, “ready!”

Jessica stood still as the drone took off before she ran off towards the patio of fire. Taeyeon focused on getting several angles with the drone of Jessica as the other girl ran around aimlessly.

“Please say that is enough.”

Taeyeon laughed as Jessica walked over breathless, “I think so. The sun is setting so I will return this.”

Jessica nodded as the shots at night wouldn’t be great.

With the drone returned, Jessica and Taeyeon decided to return to the bar and warm up near the fire, “I never thought in a million years that I would be on a mountain with you.”

Jessica laughed, “how does this once in a lifetime experience feel?”

“It feels wonderful, “ Taeyeon’s ears turned a bright red.

Feeling lethargic, Jessica leans her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, “warm me up.”

Taeyeon looked down before taking Jessica into her arms, “like this?”

Jessica closed her eyes, “yes.”

Taeyeon looked down at Jessica who was very silent, “Are you sleeping?”

Jessica shook her head, “Just enjoying.” Opening her eyes, Jessica looked up at Taeyeon, “I keep wondering if this trip is special only because I am with you.”

Taeyeon turned down to look at Jessica, “you have been around the world and to places similar to this…I can’t even imagine what you saw in your lifetime, but I wouldn’t venture that time with me could come close to that.”

Jessica smiled softly, “It is something more. I mean there is no one I want to be at this place right now other than you.”

The tug on her heart was strong as Taeyeon curved her lips up, “me either.”

Jessica didn’t know where the burst of confidence came from or if it was the romantic crackling of the fire as they cuddled for warmth, but Jessica leaned up and kissed Taeyeon. Not expecting lips on her, Taeyeon remained frozen wondering what to do.

Jessica pushed away, “S-sorry….”

“For what?” Taeyeon cleared .

“I shouldn’t have…”

Taeyeon slid closer to Jessica, “I have feelings for you too.”

Jessica was stunned at the confession, “Really?”

Taeyeon sighed, “I didn’t want to. You and I are from different worlds but every day I see you behind my lens and can’t help but fantasize that you were filming it all for me. Like a slow seduction.”

Jessica leaned closer ghosting her lips over Taeyeon’s, “I am glad my seduction worked.”

Kissing Taeyeon passionately, Taeyeon didn’t hold back. Both girls finally released the passion that was trembling through their bodies the whole trip. Mutual affection finally shared in a heated moment under the blanket of stars and lit by the dim fire. Who knew such a romantic situation was the one thing not caught of film.

------------------------

The last few days passed and Taeyeon had to reluctantly let Jessica go. After the night at the fire, they couldn’t spend a day without a kiss but neither solidified their relationship. Were they girlfriends or not? Taeyeon didn’t know.

Returning to her apartment, Taeyeon felt more alone than ever. Her companion was rushed off to work as soon as the plane arrived and Taeyeon knew their lives split once again.

In attempts to relieve her tender heart, Taeyeon saw the piles and piles of tape. Taking the first one, Taeyeon plugged the camera into her laptop and extracted the files. Immediately after, the video showed a bright and smiling Jessica on the screen. It was the last night they were in Switzerland together. Taeyeon remembered that day being the happiest and the saddest at the same time. She wanted that moment to last but grew sad knowing each second passed without her getting the time back.

Taeyeon watched the video and thought of ways to include some of it into her video but the tape suddenly cut. The part where Jessica was supposed to be showing off her souvenirs was absent but the video resumed with Jessica sitting in front of the camera. Taeyeon watched the computer screen:

“Hey Taeyeon. Tomorrow we are going to say our goodbyes but I have a lot to tell you before then. The past few weeks were the best memories I made my whole life. I was afraid to tell you when we were younger that I had a massive crush on you. When I had to debut as a singer, I wondered if I made the right decision. I regretted not confessing to you but I pushed those feelings aside. Then a few months ago, my parents were moving so I helped. When I was going through my old things, I saw your pictures lining nearly every one I had of myself. It was then that I realized my feelings for you never faded despite my efforts to try and forget. The months following, my desire to be with you again grew too strong and I reached out to you. I lied when I said I had time off. I didn’t. I had to cancel numerous things which made my company furious at me but I had to do it for you. I know you like me too now and I want to keep you in my life forever. Dating will be hard with my job but I want it to work. I want you. If you watch this and want to make this relationship work come to my apartment. If not, I will treasure your video as a fond memory.”

The video cut off and Taeyeon stared at the blank screen. She didn’t know Jessica taped something like this in secret. It didn’t matter because Taeyeon knew what she had to do.

----------------------------

Mid-morning Jessica was woken up by a constant buzzing on her door, “who is it?”

“I need your signature miss.”

Jessica looked out her screen to see the postman, “I have a package?” Not often did Jessica get packages to her door. Most times people sent things to her company before she got it, “Thank you.”

Walking back into her apartment, Jessica looked down at the box without a return address, “who is this from?”

Ripping open the seal, Jessica found 2 DVDs. Reading the print, Jessica saw one marked “Final Draft” but the other one caught her attention the most, “Jessica Jung”. Picking up the later, Jessica walked over to put it into her player. Sitting back down onto her couch, Jessica played the video with her name on it.

The video opened with Jessica on the airplane, “So this is Taeyeon’s project.”

The video continued but something strange happened after a while, “why is Taeyeon in these?”

More and more pictures showed up of Jessica’s footage with Taeyeon, “I thought she wasn’t supposed to be…”

Curious to see where the film would lead to, Jessica watched the whole thing. A smile never left her lips thinking of her fond memories with Taeyeon. The footage showed her every moment that made her fall for Taeyeon during the trip. Coming to the last scene, Jessica was wondering the location of the filming. It showed Taeyeon ushering the viewer to the door where Taeyeon was holding some flowers. Taeyeon turned to knock on the door and the video cut off.

Jessica rewound the video and replayed the scene again, “what a strange ending.”

Just then the bell to Jessica’s apartment rang startling Jessica who shot out of her seat, “Goodness. Who now?”

Going over to her intercom, Jessica was very surprised to see who was on the other side. As if the girl jumped out of the screen, Jessica saw Taeyeon waiting near her door.

Calming her nerves a bit, Jessica buzzed Taeyeon in who greeted her with a smile, “I saw your video.”

Jessica gave a bashful smile, “I saw your video too.”

Taeyeon placed the bouquet of flowers on the table, “Then you know I brought these.”

Jessica nodded, “Does this mean?”

Taeyeon stepped forward and cupped Jessica’s cheeks, “It means yes. I want to give us a try because I love you too.”

Jessica smiled into the kiss, “does this mean you will continue to capture my heart?”

Taeyeon nodded, “always.”

 

 

 

 

~END~

 


Author's Note

Goodness this took a LONG time to write but I finally got it out on Taeyeon's birthday!!!! Happy Bithday Taengoo!

Also recent polls said I should open a twitter account so it is done! Find me on twitter @catsba1990