Inked Love

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

It was midday and the day was slow. Seeing as business might not pick up till later, the owner dismissed all her workers until nighttime when more customers are expected to come. Since she was alone and had no customers, the owner decided to spend her time cleaning her equipment before going to her sketch pad to think of new designs she could offer customers. However her daytime plans were interrupted as the bell on her door rang signaling a customer entering. Looking up she saw a woman who almost looked childlike and innocent. Not the usual clientele.

Walking away from her station, the owner went to greet the customer, “Welcome! How can I assist you today?”

The girl walked up and looked around the place wondering if she should stay here or find another place, “I ah...want a tattoo.”

The owner smiled happily, “Well you came to the right place. I am the owner of this place. Do you have something in mind?”

The girl saw that the owner was pretty friendly and something about her said that she might be the right artist to do tat what she wanted, “I do.”

The owner smiled and guided her to sit down as she went to get her pad to draw what the customer had in mind, “Alright, tell me what you want.”

The girl rolled up her pant leg and showed her calf, “I want an otter right here.”

The owner quirked up her eyebrow when she heard the request, “Anything specific?”

“Maybe it swimming?”

The owner was going to ask more until she noticed an almost ravenous bunny tattoo ready to attack her forearm, “Do you want it similar as your other tattoo?”

The girl looked down at the one on her forearm and scoffed, “No. Just normal. Swimming.”

The owner nodded as she made a quick sketch before showing the customer, “Something like this?”

The customer nodded.

Standing up, “Alright then. Come to my station and I will put this on transfer paper so we can take a look at the location you want.”

The customer seemed to know the routine so she got herself comfortable while the owner went to put her sketch on transfer paper. When that was finished, she went to her customer and put it on. The customer seemed to like the location so the tattoo artist went to prepare her inks. The owner was curious to why the customer was so quiet, but since this would take about an hour, the owner didn’t want to tattoo in complete silence so she started up a conversation, “So what is the story behind wanting to get an otter on your leg?”

The girl was on her stomach as the owner tattooed on her back calf, “It does.”

“Do you want to tell me about it?”

The girl thought for a while before answering, “She. The otter is my past girlfriend.”

The owner quirked her brow, “You want a remembrance of her? Did something happen to her?”

The girl sighed, “Well...no. I mean...she is still alive if that is what you are asking. We just broke up is all.”

Now the owner was really intrigued why the girl wanted something to remind her of a breakup, “Don’t you want to forget about something like that?”

The girl shook her head, “No. I loved her. How could I forget the beautiful memories we had together when everything was good and we were so in love?”

The curiosity of the owner was itching, “So she was really special to you...why an otter then?”

The girl was becoming very comfortable with the owner and saw no reason not answer a question presented to her, “Well...my girl was very athletic and somewhat looked like an otter...she just put her volleyball career before me. We parted but I remember all the time we spent on the beach swimming together although she was clearly better than me at every sport. I love and cherish all those memories even if they are gone and we can’t get them back.”

“Do you want to get back together with her? You still seem to love her.”

“Love never dies but I think we are going to be better apart.”

The owner just nodded as she continued her work. She already finished tracing the lines with the ink and was working on shading when the thought of the rabbit occurred, “So the rabbit...was that also a past love?”

The girl chuckled, “That was my first tat. I got it done while I was wasted.”

“So a story or just a drunken mistake?”

“At first I thought it was a mistake. I went to drink my sorrows away when my girl broke up with me. She was super cute and I loved her loveable personality although she would bite my arm out of affection sometimes. Anyway, she broke up, I drank, and I tattooed her on my arm. However, after thinking about it, I don’t regret it and it started my theme of getting tats that remind me of the loves I once had. It helped me a lot to remind me that I am capable of love although a ious love was lost.”

The owner was amazed at the girl’s stories behind her tattoos since it was very unusual for people to get inked for those reasons. Seeing that the tattoo was done, the owner wiped the leg before scooting her chair back, “Finished. Tell me what you think.”

The girl hopped off the table before she walked to the mirror to look at the work. She was amazed at the skill of the owner and how she was able to capture the finer details to make the tattoo realistic, “Wow. This is amazing.”

The owner knew her skills were top notch from the competitions she won in the past that helped launched this shop, “Thanks. I will wrap that up for you so you can go then.”

The girl let out a charming smile, “No thank you.”

--------------------------------

It must have been about 6 months since the owner saw this familiar face walking through her door, “Welcome.”

The girl smiled at her happily seeing the owner was here to give her another tattoo, “Would you be available for me to get a tat?”

The owner was more than happy because she loved hearing the stories from the girl and her tattoos, “Yep. I have an appointment in 3 hours so plenty of time to get something on you. What is it you need this time?”

The girl pointed at her upper arm, “A tiger here. Very fierce.”

Jessica smiled as she heard the request. For some reason, she thought a very interesting story would come out of this one.

A few minutes later, the girl was in the chair and ready to be tattooed again, “So you want to tell me about the tiger?”

The girl smiled as if she knew this question was already coming, “I was seeing this girl. I loved that she made me feel safe although I was always taking on the male role in previous relationships. It was fresh and new to be bottom for once,” the owner couldn’t resist laughing at that one, “but I soon found out, I loved top more.”

“Yet you loved her.”

“I did, but we can’t fight and have a lasting relationship. She might be a bit too headstrong for me.”

“So she is tough and fierce like this tiger.”

The girl nodded, “Yea. I think this fits her well.”

-----------------------------------

Almost a year and a half later, the girl was in for a bird tattoo for under her ear, “I always dated younger women, but this was by far the youngest. She was smart and proper, but she had a knack for telling me I was doing things wrong and not living a good life. Eventually I got tired of it.”

 

Three months after that, the girl said she fell in love with a girl who was clearly a rebound from the bird girl, “The girl was too tall for me. Like I said, I like being on top.”

The owner laughed, “I see how this giraffe is fitting then.”

“I think I was attracted at first to her y legs and that is why I want her on my thigh but damn...that girl was so tall!”

The owner couldn’t help saying it, “I am sorry to say but you are unusually short too.”

 The girl wanted to smack the owner but she also didn’t want to mess up the art on her leg.

 

Nearly 2 years later, the girl came in super depressed, “Oh no...don’t tell me it didn’t work out?”

Since the rebound girl, the owner and her customer became pretty close and helped out her loyal customer to meet the right girl. Maybe one that would make her not come back into the shop for one of these depressing animal tattoos.

“It didn’t.”

The tattoo artist guided her to her station so she could hear the story, “Come here...tell me about it and what you want done.”

“My upper arm a deer.”

The owner could see the resemblance of the girl and a deer, “Why the arm this time?”

This time, the owner could see the love in the eyes of the customer as she reminisced, “She was so perfect. She was so affectionate and would snuggle up closely on my arm that would make me feel wanted and hers to keep.”

“How did it go downhill?”

“Ex-girlfriend.”

“Oh no...she didn’t...”

“Yep it did. We were taking the next step of moving in with each other but our neighbor was her ex. Something sparked with them and she ended up going to her home and not mine.”

“Did you move away?”

“Of course! I left her with the lease and got out. I am back to living the bachelor life.”

“Well...your life is no different than mine now. Live the single life for a while although I must say, I love your company.”

The girl got up when she was signaled the tat was done, “I don’t know. Your work is so good. It makes me want to jump right back into the field, break up and get your art on my body again.”

The owner laughed, “Please don’t do that. I love having you here and all but not for those reasons.”

The girl smiled as she got wrapped up, “Well thanks for everything.”

The owner bit her lip before calling back to the customer, “Taeyeon!”

The customer looked back at the owner, “Yes?”

“I feel like it is partially my fault for setting you up with that girl, you mind if I take you to like the bar for drinks or something?”

The girl laughed, “Jessica you don’t need to apologize.”

“Please let me? You can drink your sorrow and I can drink my guilt, but we won’t have to do it alone.”

The customer smiled, “Alright. See you here at close.”

-----------------------------------

Jessica was busy closing shop for the night when she saw a girl tapping on her door with the ‘closed’ sign displayed. She went closer for a closer look but smiled when she saw it was the girl she was expecting so she unlocked the door, “Give me like 5 minutes.”

The girl nodded and went to lean on the glass window just outside the shop. Jessica hurried to put the money in the safe for the night. Then she put on her coat and grabbed her purse to go out. She smiled and acknowledged the girl leaning on the glass of her store but turned her attention to lock the door so they could leave. “Alright.”

The girl kicked off so they could walk together. Like usual, the girl was quiet making Jessica the one to start the conversation, “How is it healing?”

The girl looked down at her new tattoo that was covered, “A bit itchy, but its okay.”

“Do you have a bar in mind?”

The girl scoffed, “I kicked my habit of drinking after but there is a nice bar down there that I like to go to with friends.”

Jessica smiled, “Alright!”

 

With the bar being close, the two arrived quickly and already ordered 2 beers. It was unusual for Jessica to see the girl outside of work and she normally isn’t this friendly with her customers, but this girl was special to her, “Umm we normally don’t talk about personal things...but do you mind telling me more about yourself?”

“Well those tattoos and those stories are a bit part of my personal life.”

Jessica laughed, “I guess so but you never talk about family or work.”

The girl took a swig of her beer, “I guess I don’t. Well...I am a freelance artist but I give you props for doing art like as a tattoo. I can’t do that kind of art.”

Jessica blushed, “I feel embarrassed getting praised by an artist now.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I didn’t want to put pressure on you because I love the work you do on me.”

“So family?”

“I have parents but they live far. Not much contact with them these days.”

Jessica nodded, “Same with me, but I have a sister and she is around the area.”

Taeyeon nodded, “You said you were single?”

Jessica laughed, “I at finding the right person. Just like you I guess.”

Taeyeon scooted closer, “I think we need some shots then.”

It was no surprise that the girls ended up drunk 5 shots later and several more beers. They had more similarities than they first thought as they people-watched and shared similar jokes. Jessica was able to also tell the lengthy stories of several of her tattoos and how she got into the business whereas Taeyeon told her the story of how she stumbled upon Jessica’s tattoo shop. That night, there was also no surprise to the fact that the two were actually physically attracted to each other which led to a wild night at Taeyeon’s flat.

 

Waking up with a splitting headache, Jessica rolled over to feel the bare skin of another person in the bed. She blinked her eyes open to see a piece of art she did on a certain girl. Thinking a bit and from the soreness in her legs, she remembered exactly what happened last night. However, there was no regrets as she went to put her arm around the girl’s waist to pull herself closer to the warmth.

Feeling a warmth flushed against her back, the other girl opened her eyes and turned, “Morning.”

Jessica smiled back, “Did I wake you Tae?”

Nicknames were also formed last night making the girl smile even more as Jessica remembered the night before and didn’t regret it too, “Maybe, but it’s okay.”

Jessica pushed herself up and kissed Taeyeon before leaning back in so she could cuddle, “Last night...there was a hamster on your .”

Taeyeon laughed, “I was hoping you wouldn’t see that one.”

Jessica pushed herself further into Taeyeon as she caressed the other girl’s back, “More like I wish I was the one to mark that area first.”

Taeyeon couldn’t hold back her hefty laugh, “Oh...you may be a bit late but that girl certainly doesn’t get to tap that area anymore.”

Hearing it was about another love, Jessica leaned back so she could look into Taeyeon’s eyes, “So, why the ?”

Taeyeon looked down into the pools of Jessica’s brown eyes, “She had a great . I loved that booty but she was just not the one I was looking for exactly.”

Jessica laughed hard, “Now you have a cute hamster on your !”

“Yah don’t laugh at my symbolism!”

Jessica reached behind to Taeyeon’s , “I love your cute little though.”

Taeyeon slapped the mischievous girl’s hand away before flipping the girl so she was on top, “Well for your information, my was cute even before the hamster was put there.” Leaning down, Taeyeon went to capture the girl’s lips as they resumed what they started the night before.

--------------------------------------

Two and a half years later, Jessica was still in her shop, that didn’t change too much as the years went by, when a very familiar customer came through those doors. This time, Jessica didn’t hesitate to capture the customer in a hug, “Tae!”

Taeyeon smiled as she returned the embrace, “Hey...” releasing the hug, Taeyeon looked Jessica in the eyes, “You busy right now?”

Jessica shook her head, “Customers are just walk-ins today.”

Taeyeon smiled as she released Jessica so she could sit on the chair at her station, “Good. I want a tattoo today.”

Jessica cocked her head wondering why Taeyeon would want a tattoo when she knew the girl was in a very stable relationship (at least she hopes so). “Tae...why do you want a tattoo?”

Taeyeon looked up very innocently, “Because I think it is time for a tattoo.”

Jessica was noticeably sad at what the girl was telling her, “But...you only get tattoos of past loves. Is there something you need to tell me?”

Taeyeon leaned up to capture Jessica’s lips, “Sorry babe. I forgot to tell you that I love you.”

This only made Jessica even more confused, “I don’t understand...”

Taeyeon lifted off her sweater so she was only in her bra, “I want a tat on my chest here. Over my heart.”

A shy smile started to show, “What would you want over your heart?”

Taeyeon was already grinning ear to ear, “a cat and dog cuddling inside a heart...my heart...no...our heart because I finally realized my heart will always beat together with my cute little kitten.”

Jessica couldn’t resist as she went to capture Taeyeon’s lips in a heated kiss and she didn’t care if there was another worker in the shop. She wanted to claim Taeyeon as much as the girl already claimed her. Taeyeon was the one to break the kiss so she could look into Jessica’s eyes, “Jessica I love you and I want you to be the one on my heart. Not as a past love, but as my current and future love.”

Jessica caressed the girl’s baby face, “I think this will be the best work I have ever done on you then.”

Taeyeon leaned up to peck Jessica on the lips, “I always have trust in you babe.”

 

 

~END~

 

 


Author's Note

I was watching Miami Ink and this idea came to me. I outlined who everyone was below to give you readers some help:

Bunny = Sunny; Otter = Yuri; Tiger = Hyoyeon; Bird = Seohyun; Giraffe = Sooyoung; Deer = Yoona; Hamster = Tiffany; Cat = Jessica; Dog = Taeyeon

If you don't think she can do tattoos....Tae has a real one!!!