Hotel de BLANC & ECLARE: Prequel

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

The man placed a folder on the metal table and sat down leaning forward, “Miss Jung do you know why you are here?”

The woman across from the table gave the man a smug look, “Why don’t you tell me?”

Opening the folder, the man turned it around, “Do you recognize any of these people?”

Raising her brow, the woman didn’t look at the photos, “Of course I know them. They were guests at my hotel.”

“Did you know all of them have been reported missing?”

“I don’t see how that is any of my concern.”

The officer pulled out a piece of paper, “They went missing after staying at your hotel.”

The woman waved off the accusation, “That is an unfortunate coincidence, but I hate to tell you that it has nothing to do with me or my hotel.”

“So you don’t think it as strange that people suddenly go missing after staying at your hotel? We are not talking about 1 or 2 people, there are over 10 people on my list.”

“Sir, we have nearly 150 rooms available to stay, we are busy most days, so what about all those other people that do not go missing?”

“We have talked to a few people that have stayed at your hotel and they say they get an uneasy feeling from you and a miss Kim? From what I hear, she is your general manager.”

The woman snickered, “I would say she is a bit more than just my general manager but I don’t see how that is relevant to your case? If anything, I should sue you. For nearly a week you have forced my hotel to close while you conduct your little investigation. Now tell me, from all that time we gave you to search around for our dirty little secrets, did you find anything to charge me or my staff with?”

The officer sighed, “No we have not.”

“So tell me sir, why am I being held here without any evidence?”

Getting up the officer took his folder, “I can’t hold you here but I am going to continue to watch you and your hotel. Something is not right.”

Gathering her things, the woman stood up, “If you don’t trust our operations, I invite you stay with us, but the rate might be a little inflated for your troubles.”

The officer shook his head, “I would never dare to stay at your hotel.”