Dancer Taeyeon

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

It was later at night when Jessica was enjoying an evening with her girlfriend, Taeyeon curled up on the couch, both catching up on events and posting things for their fans on their phones while the Entertainment channel played on the TV. Taeyeon was curious to what awards she was nominated for MAMA but Jessica couldn’t care less because she still hated the program when her ex-group, Girls Generation, was screwed over by the show on more than one occasion.

However, Taeyeon who was still an active member of the group and now flying high on solo activities, wanted to see what her fans might be talking about in the morning.

“I am surprised this award show even exists. Mnet is rigged.”

Taeyeon laughed as she made a few edits to a photo she wanted to post, “Yep.”

“So why do you still care?”

“Because my fans care. Plus, just the nomination is fine with me. I doubt I am going and they only give awards if you go.” Taeyeon frowned thinking how disappointed her fans will be.

Jessica put her phone down to snuggle into Taeyeon a bit more to give her full attention on the TV, “That new group in the company will probably win something.”

“Aespa? I think so. They are a monster rookie and they will go perform.”

“NCT will probably win something too.”

Taeyeon laughed, “you know I can hear the jealousy in your voice. How can you be mad when I am supporting a group from my company? And you know how much I love the Halloween themes.”

“Then why don’t you do one? Your fans will love it.”

Taeyeon shrugged, “I am doing Halloween every week now…maybe that got it out of my system.”

Jessica laughed, “Yea right. You went overboard at Key’s party last week.”

“I had to compete with Key!”

“Nominations for Worldwide Fans' Choice are……………………………..Taeyeon……………”

“Yes! My first nomination.”

Jessica started playing with Taeyeon’s hand, “There are like 50 artists mentioned babe.”

“I have a chance!”

Jessica smiled and gave her girlfriend a kiss on the cheek, “I bet you the top 10 are all boy groups.”

“Yah! You are always so negative when it comes to these things. Girl groups are going strong right now.”

Jessica sighed as she flipped around to lay on her back, looking up at Taeyeon from her lap, “I guess it is better than during our days.”

“Nominations for Best Female Artist are…………Taeyeon…………………………..”

“Yes! 2 for 2!” Taeyeon pumped her fist.

“You always get that. The day they stop nominating you for that category, I will get worried.”

“If you weren’t banned from stuff like this, you would have been nominated along with me but you have to release music Jessica.”

“I am a fashionista now.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “I am going to take the side of your fans and remind you that you are a singer with an album that has taken you 2 years to finish. Hurry your up and let us hear you sing again.”

Jessica stuck out her tongue to which Taeyeon responded the same way.

“Next is Best Female Vocalist……”

“Annnnd Taeyeon?” Jessica said as she turned to the screen, “What the hell.”

Taeyeon and Jessica flipped through their phones to double check the nominees, “I guess Weekend didn’t get nominated?”

“See! Rigged! Your song has been on the top of the chart for months now!” Jessica sat up in rage.

Taeyeon pouted, “Well that .”

“I am going to file a formal complaint!” Jessica started to text someone furiously.

“Who are you messaging?”

“Tiffany. She has to have connections at Mnet after her show.”

Taeyeon stole Jessica’s phone away, “Stop it. Don’t bother them about something stupid like this.”

“Someone needs to set this right.”

“Best Dance Performance Solo nominees are……..Taeyeon………………”

Jessica and Taeyeon both stopped for a second to stare intensely at the screen, “What the…did you?” Jessica looked back and forth at the TV and Taeyeon several times, “Dance?”

Taeyeon couldn’t hold in her laughter any longer and nearly rolled onto the floor laughing hysterically.

“I think I need to get my ears checked. They said Taeyeon? Not Hyoyeon? I mean the names are similar.”

Taeyeon’s phone started blowing up on the Girls Generation group text.

Hyoyeon: Since when were you part of the dance line?

Sooyoung: You need permission to join SHY

Yuri: OMG! Noona! One of us! One of us!

Yoona: Taeyeon you are so cool!

Sunny: Hyoyeon they said your name wrong for best dance. Taeyeon isnt the only one in Girls Generation.

Tiffany: Congrats babe! Singing, dancing, you can do it all!

Seohyun: OMG our singing line is the best!

Taeyeon finally caught her breath enough to respond to the flood of texts coming in. She too was very surprised to be nominated for dance.

Jessica stood there looking at the TV intensely, “There it is. Your name for your song. Wow.”

“Why are you so surprised? SHY got kicked out of the dance challenge for messing up on Weekly Idol. Key has been teaching me dances for Amazing Saturday. I am basically a dancer now.”

Jessica threw back her head in laughter, “Sure sure. I remember little Taeyeon coming to SM not knowing anything about dance.”

“And now I am the master!”

“Wow. One nomination and you are so full of yourself!” Jessica went over to tackle Taeyeon back onto the couch and gave her a peck on the lips, “Are you done watching this show so you can show me some of these new moves in bed?”

Taeyeon kissed her girlfriend several times, “Of course because I am the master of dance.”

Jessica rolled her eyes as she pulled Taeyeon into the bedroom.

~END~