Angels and Demons

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

 

The idea of angels and demons have existed since the beginning of time. Although most people have never seen an angel or a demon, acts of wonder and kindness were always attributed to an angel while misfortune and mischief to a demon. I say most people do not see these creatures, but a select bloodline have the gift of seeing these other-worldly beings. Call it a gift or a curse, my family has passed down this ability from generation to generation.

It is unclear why our family was chosen to be the seers of the ­­­beyond, but we choose to use or gift for good. Some of the males have gone as far as to hunt down the demons while most of the females act as oracle to aid the angels. Although I am too young to take my place as an oracle, I live a life seeing the demons and angels that roam the earth. Although most demons and angels like to hide and do their work secretly, a few have the ability to take on a human form. Most people would never know that their family, friend, or significant other could be a demon or angel. When in human form, the demons give off a purple haze that surrounds their body while the angels emit this bright light, as if they are glowing.

Recently, I came across a peculiar situation. In my attempt to get healthy, I joined a health club and I was immediately greeted at the front desk by the darkest purple aura I have ever seen. Her face was porcelain white, almost like a perfect angel but the purple surrounding her said she was anything but. Like most demons, they tried to fit into their surroundings and wouldn’t know that I have the gift to see what she really is so she greeted me and helped me sign up for the free 1-month membership.

Once inside the club, I saw something unbelievable, this woman wasn’t the only demon, they were everywhere! Somehow I stumbled on some fitness club for demons. I needed to act cool like some of the other humans here. If the demons knew I was gifted, I could be in some serious danger. However, as I walked further and further into the club, a soft voice sang out, “Would you like a towel?” Turning to take the towel, I was blinded by this bright light.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing…out of all the demons in this place, an angel?! How could this day get any crazier?

I gratefully took the towel from the angel and thanked her but from my unusual reaction to her, it seems she already knew I possessed the gift. It is hard to hide the fact that I have just seen an angel when I gawked like a lunatic trying to figure out how someone so pure is in a place like this.

From what my mama told me, angels and demons never get along so why is she here? The demons must know an angel is here and she must know these are all demons? I had so many questions…

The urgency I had to run away was soon filled with fresh curiosity.  Opting for the bikes, I sat down in a direction I could observe the angel without being too obvious. She was incredibly beautiful that her angelic glow seemed almost natural.

Although it wasn’t unusual for me to find angels and demons doing human jobs, the fact that this angel was stacking towels and rearranging the water bottles seemed like such a lowly job for someone of her stature.

After some time, I caught the demon who greeted me at the front approach the angel, “Jessica someone called in last minute for your class.”

The angel, Jessica, flashed a bright smile at the demon, “I think we can squeeze in one more.”

The demon pursed her lips, “Your classes keep filling up.”

“It is because I have a certain charm.” Jessica cupped the demon’s face and squished it, “try to smile more Taeyeon. That way more people would like you than just me.”

Shaking off the angel, the demon, Taeyeon, swatted away the pesky hands, “I don’t need anyone to like me…except you.”

I gasped rather loudly. I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing. Is this an angel and demon friendship? Was something like that even possible?

“Okay gloomy Gus, find me after my class to have lunch, okay?”

Taeyeon gave the angel an okay sign and proceeded to walk away, but the mischievous angel swatted her causing the demon to yelp. I really tried to contain my laughter but the drama going on in front of me was very amusing to watch. It wasn’t the norm to see such a playful angel.

The demon gave the angel a very evil stare that would scare the stockings off me but the angel brushed off the challenge by sticking out her tongue. Clearly the angel was not afraid of this demon at all. Maybe this demon is defective? My whole life I was told the demons wanted death to all the angels but this one seemed to tolerate this angel.

Tired of biking, I went around the gym trying out a few weights to test out the equipment here until my stomach started to rumble. I didn’t even notice I was in the gym for an hour. Not wanting to leave yet, I went to the cafeteria where I spotted the angel and demon enjoying their lunch. I needed to know more about these two so I grabbed a sandwich and found a table near them to overhear the conversation.

“Eww gross what are you eating?”

The demon grinned as she pulled out the pickles, “Mmm pickles, lots and lots of pickles.”

The angel plugged her nose, “Nasty! Get that away from me.”

Cranking her head back in laughter, the demon couldn’t help but chuckle at irritating the angel, “Don’t sit with me if you don’t want to watch me eat my pickle sandwich.”

The angle rolled her eyes at the demon, “I still like your nasty pickle . I don’t know why.”

The demon bit into her sandwich, “I am very loveable.”

“Hmph,” The angel chuckled as she dug into her salad.

The demon caught the subtle laugh, “What does that mean?”

“Do you know how many complaints I get about the receptionist? Your moody attitude is going to lose us customers.”

Grinning like she did something good, the demon sat back in delight, “I am glad my effort is being recognized.”

“Do you not want us to make money? Isn’t greed like something you strive for?”

“Isn’t greed what you despise?”

“I want to keep our gym alive! Keeping healthy through body and mind gets you closer to Godliness.”

“Eww. Don’t make me lose my appetite.”

“You also wanted this gym to open, remember? For all your little demon friends to get buff or whatever.”

I gasped. So they do know that each other is an angel and demon! Also, they opened the gym together? Why would they do something together? A business to benefit the goals of an angel and a demon seems apocalyptic.

The demon nodded, “Yes. My little demon friends are preparing for war. What are your little angel friends doing? Spreading love and peace with your mind-body bull?”

The angel grinned, almost sinister in the way she challenged the demon, “Sounds like you are scared.”

The demon nearly choked on her sandwich, “Scared?”

The angel got out of her chair to circle around the demon, who seemed entranced with every step the angel took. Bending down, the angel whispered something into the demon’s ear causing the demon to freeze like a statue for a second. Whatever the angel said, turned the demon a bright red before she reached for her soda and chugged the rest down while the angel took her empty bowl to the garbage, laughing. I am not sure what the angel said to the demon, but the demon clearly lost this round.

Since the angel left, the cafeteria drama ended and I decided to change my clothes and head home. Although I wanted to watch more interactions between the demon and angel, I can’t spend my whole day in this gym because it might arouse some suspicion.

Going down to the changing room, I went to my locker to take out a few toiletries to take a shower. I had to admit, the quality of these towels provided by the gym were truly angelic. I have a feeling the angel picked out these towels personally for our use.

Finding an empty shower stall, I set up my things and prepare to take off my clothes when I suddenly hear the voices of the angel and demon. Out of fright, I lifted my legs up onto the seat in the stall to not be noticed by the two.

“Are we alone?” The demon whispered.

I heard feet padding around the shower stall, “Seems like it.”

I needed to see what was happening so I peeked through the curtain to see the demon gently take the angel’s wrist to reel her in closer, “If I didn’t know better, you secretly want to be a demon. Asking me to come down here during work hours is so…bad.”

The angel smirked at the demon, “I really need to stop spending so much time with you.”

The demon leaned in closer until their lips were almost touching, “I think you need to spend a lot more time with me.”

The angel hummed into the kiss, “Tae…”

Biting the angel’s lips, the demon smirked, “Say it again.”

The naughty mouth of the demon started to on the angel’s neck causing her to moan out again, “Tae…oh my…”

I gasped loudly into my hand from what I was witnessing.

Watching a bit longer, I saw the demon smirk at the angel before pushing her into the nearest shower stall. Although the stream of the shower was rushing down, I could hear the angel’s angelic moans ring out. Knowing I shouldn’t be there, I rushed out of the shower, leaving my belongings.

Who knew good and evil could pair so beautifully together? Maybe all of us needed to be a little bit naughty in our lives.

 

~END~