Black Wings

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

 

 

**Warning, not rated M but there is a lot of harsh language**

 

Stage lights shine brightly to a contrast of black feathers of a boa. Skin slick in the leather pants and jacket, the singer on stage belted out her notes as if they cut through your flesh whilst blessing your ears. With one last scream, the show ended in a climatic way only the singer could deliver.

The music died and the stage lights darkened leaving only the applause of the audience to compliment the band on a great show.

Backstage, the band listened to the chants of an encore, but they stayed back for minutes on end until they thought the crowd waited enough. With the lights coming on again, the singer walked out with her band behind her, “Make some ing noise!” Following their appointed leader, the crowd cheered on.

“Do you want another song?” The singer yelled out again and the crowd answered with an even louder cheer.

Whipping her hair back, the singer put back in her ear-piece. Seeing the singer grasping the mic with force, the guitarist started his intro. Fingers clamoring back and forth on the neck, the guitarist was soon followed by the bassist and the drummer. As if the musicians were dueling, they battled out note after note until a sudden drop leaving the singer to whisper out a harmony that would shatter the confines of anyone’s heart. The angelic voice of the rock star echoed in the halls as the audience held their breath until the ragging war of the guitars and drums started again. The singer replaced the serenity of her voice with her usual scream and boisterous belting of high notes. It was a climatic ending to a perfect show.

 

Backstage, the band congratulated one another on another great show, “Who knew Shanghai would be so into this. They even knew all the words!”

The singer watched the drummer spin his sticks through his fingers, “We have a huge fanbase here. Didn’t surprise me.”

The guitarist packed away his prized possession into it’s hard case and joined the singer on the couch, “Honestly, I am with Key, who knew that they could even hear the words you are singing to go along with it.”

Slanting her eyes at the skinny man, “I sing perfectly fine. Clear as day. Every word punctuated just fine.”

Of course the drummer laughed along, “Key why are you giving her a hard time? She is our number one seller. Who wants to see a bunch of kids playing instruments when they could see the rock goddess that is Kim Taeyeon?”

Giving the men a devilish grin, “Yea, Key listen to Heechul, he knows what is up.”

Walking in after a bathroom break the bassist was clueless to why the men were whimpering to Taeyeon’s leadership, “What did Key do now?”

Taeyeon hopped up to sling her arm around her bandmate, “Perfect timing Victoria, Heechul was just admitting that I am the best singer ever.”

Victoria scoffed, “Heechul are you inflating this narcissist’s ego even more?”

Taeyeon released her grasp on Victoria and gasped in disbelief, “How could you? Victoria name calling is beneath you.”

Rolling her eyes Victoria was the first to grab all her belongings, “so are we doing this after party thing or not?”

The band member’s eyes lit up like Christmas lights with the sound of alcohol ringing through their ears, “China leg of tour finished with a gallon of alcohol, I am so in.”

“Like you could even drink that much Key. Even Victoria can out drink you.” Taeyeon pushed the man through the door as they followed the true leader, Victoria.

“Nine times out of ten we carry you out Taeyeon.” Heechul stated flatly at the now deflated singer, “lucky you are light otherwise I would have a broken back.”

“I can hold my own,” Taeyeon pouted.

Victoria swung open the van door, “Come on in kiddos.”

“Says the second youngest,” Heechul stated as he stepped in first.

Taking control over the music immediately, Taeyeon cranked up the bass, “Let’s pregame it!”

Key reached in the back of the van to pull out some alcohol, “Aww who picked out this ?”

Victoria snatched the bottle from Key, “Oh shut up and take some shots. Not all of us like the taste of raw alcohol.”

Taeyeon wasn’t going to complain because in reality, she was the one that picked out the fruitiest flavor of vodka the store had, “bottoms up ladies and gentlemen.”

“Wait wait!” Victoria held the bottle out of the reach of her whimpering puppies, “Cheers to the best ing tour ever!”

“Cheers!” The team sang out in unison as they downed the first shot followed by a quick second.

Oh hell the team consumed the whole bottle by the time their driver got them to the club. Singing along to their own tunes, the band was ushered up to an exclusive corner to be served like the kings and queens they were, “Rum! Vodka! Tequila! Bring the whole lot!”

Victoria rolled her eyes at Heechul who was saying Korean to the waitress that clearly only knew Chinese. Being the only fluent speaker in the bunch, Victoria ignored everything Heechul thought he was ordering for some lower-alcohol content bottles.

Taeyeon went to make herself comfortable next to her only female bandmate, “What did you get?”

“Some stuff to celebrate. I want to have fun and not get wasted like the boys.”

Taeyeon nodded along, “So champagne?”

“Do you know any better drinks to celebrate with?”

“Nope. Let’s pop that cork!” Taeyeon said as she ed her hips forward in a crude manner making all of her bandmates laugh.

“Been a long time since those hips ed like that.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes knowing full well about her lonely single life that has being going on for years, “whatever er.”

Key held his chest, “That was a low blow...haha get it!”

Heechul loving the crude humor was the first to spit out his alcohol that night laughing hysterically. Unfortunately, Victoria got some of the backsplash.

“Heechul keep your ing alcohol in! Don’t waste your happy juice. Especially not on my favorite jacket.”

Victoria’s prudeness made Heechul act out even more by mocking their pseudo-mom and Key was just adding fuel to the fire that was burning in Victoria’s chest, “Oh you and you. Guys are so awful.”

“Oh come on don’t tell me you don’t want some of this?” Heechul wasn’t subtle about the location of his .

“Yea this and this. Taeyeon I need some estrogen pronto.”

Taeyeon obviously didn’t have a choice when her arm was yanked to lead her away from her male bandmates and into a very crowded dance floor, “Do I really have to? I just wanted to chill.”

Victoria pulled the pouting rock star closer, “Oh shut up and grind on me. I want to dance and release the stress of carrying around that hunk of metal.”

“Well you slapped your bass hard so I am sure it needs a break too.” Taeyeon didn’t mind her hips as they went to rub on Victoria’s .

Quickly turning Victoria faced Taeyeon, “Taeyeon I hate to say it, but you are not doing it for me tonight. Let’s scout the gays in the club.”

Taeyeon let out a loud groan that was easily masked by the music, “Come on! I like Key’s idea of getting faced and Heechul carrying me out. You know the usual.”

“No not tonight. Mama needs a different kind of stress relief.”

“You know we have a flight tomorrow right? Can’t have you getting lost in a foreign country.” Taeyeon actually sounded like a leader in that moment.

“What? You mean stay behind in my home country?” Victoria continued to look around for any potential biters.

“Like it is anymore. You spent at least half your life in Korea. Home is with us now .”

Victoria just ignored Taeyeon’s little pissing fest because she wanted to find the right person to turn Taeyeon’s frown upside down, “Oh . Taeyeon she isn’t my type but she could surely make you wet.”

Curiosity peaked, Taeyeon looked up to see where Victoria was looking, “What the ? No way!”

“Oh come on Taeyeon did you look down at the s at the very least?”

Taeyeon looked one more time at the woman, “Well...that is not the p-point! Totally not the type.”

“Oh yea she is.”

“Why the is she in this club? Did you see how tight that blouse was with the buttons? It is like she walked out of work and decided to dull the club with her professional attire.”

Victoria subtly led the pissy leader towards the businesswoman, “Exactly, Taeyeon show her that she has a wild side under those ing y librarian glasses.”

“No way! Can’t you see here the leather, the tattoos and the piercings here, here and here?” Taeyeon started pointing at herself, “Awesome rock star that slays the world with this body. So why the would I want miss prissy who can’t even bother to pierce anything other than her ears? Not compatible.”

“Right now I see a 5 year old that needs to be shown a lesson. Go to the teacher.” That was it, Victoria managed to push Taeyeon straight into the businesswoman. Whispering something to the effects of have fun but Taeyeon responded by flipping Victoria off telepathically.

“S-Sorry...” Why was the rock star suddenly shy?

Wiping the water off her shirt, the blond didn’t even seem to see Taeyeon, “No worries. Accidents happen.”

Taeyeon wanted to reach to help the woman brush off the liquid, but that would be too obvious to the fact that groping those s could be magical, “I can buy you another.”

Finally looking up to the colored contact lenses, that ing gorgeous ash-blond hair with light blue accents, and nearly an ear full of piercings, the blond was speechless. Even if Taeyeon didn’t like the straight-laced look, the woman was nearly drooling over the oh-my-godessness of the badass woman.

“Hello?” Taeyeon waved her hands in front of zoned eyes.

The blond now distracted with the beautiful patterns of tattoos on Taeyeon’s arms and fingers, “.”

“Excuse me?” Taeyeon leaned closer to the blond that was turned into a statue from this vixen’s beauty.

“Ah sorry...I a mean no...I got it. Only water.”

Taeyeon smirked at the woman who finally regained her composure, “Babe I can get you something better than water if you like.”

Gulping hard, the blond didn’t know what to do with Taeyeon’s successful flirting tactics, “yes...oh I mean that is fine. Really it is fine.”

Taeyeon raised her brow at the other woman knowing that she won this battle easily, “How about we get you out of that shirt instead?”

Flushed pink head to toe, the blond didn’t know how to respond, “w-what?”

Taeyeon chuckled at how easy it was to get a reaction out of the woman, “I just got off tour. I have some spare shirts in the car if you want one. No use going around wet.”

The blond bit her lip because there was more things that became wet other than her shirt with the way those iced eyes stared directly into her soul, “I am o-okay really. Thank you umm?”

Taeyeon knew she needed a name, “Kim Taeyeon.”

“I am Jessica Jung.”

Taeyeon awkwardly patted the other woman’s arm, “come join us.”

Jessica looked over to the crowd of drunken men in the corner, “I don’t...that isn’t really my kind of...”

Taeyeon looked back to see her bandmates being drunken idiots, “Oh ...yea no. How about somewhere less crowded unless you want to stay?”

Jessica didn’t know what to do. There was this woman who clearly was confident about having her do anything she wants, but then again was it okay to ditch her boss on his annual work party?

Taeyeon didn’t like waiting so she just took command and laced her fingers with Jessicas’ to lead her away, “Hey! I didn’t say...”

“No? Yea I heard nothing so I will help you with that yes you were wanting to say.” Taeyeon kept her smug grin as she passed Victoria as if taking a victory lap.

Tugging weakly at Taeyeon’s hand, Jessica showed little resistance to where Taeyeon was taking her. It wouldn’t be an overstatement to say that Jessica might be a little bit curious about the woman with the leather pants.

Going out of the club, Taeyeon settled that she knew nothing about China and Jessica knew only enough to order food so they settled at a noodle shop, “how is this better than the club?”

Taeyeon scarfed down a huge mouthful of beef noodles, “This place has food and I can hear you. If this doesn’t make the night better, I don’t know what will.”

Jessica laughed at the girl’s messy habits but straightforward attitude, “You have soup all over your face.”

Of course Taeyeon was embarrassed but she hid it under the cover of, “dare to it off?”

Jessica rolled her eyes at the woman who didn’t care about the soup on her face. Eventually, Jessica stopped gawking enough to finish her noodles [without soup on her face]. The foodfest ended in Taeyeon cleverly paying for the bill and the two walking around the area of the club, “So a work event?”

Jessica nodded, “My boss just wants an excuse to flirt with the women in the office and get drunk. Same thing every year.”

Taeyeon hid her hands in her pockets as she trotted alongside of Jessica, “guys are always bastards...but wait, aren’t you Korean? I mean you are right?”

Jessica laughed, “I moved here 2 years ago but I do go back and forth a lot with our Korean subsidiary.”

“Ah 2 years and your Chinese still .”

“What can I say? I am surrounded by foreigners. I speak English here mostly.”

Taeyeon’s eyes raised in fascination, “Oh? English is a y language.”

Jessica laughed and called Taeyeon an idiot in English which Taeyeon still found y.

“Black Wings...very uncreative.”

Taeyeon gasped in horror, “That took a massive PR department and many hard working and good paying jobs to tell us that is our name forever!”

“Just seems like any other rock band. What makes the name unique?”

Taeyeon raised her finger, “Hold on there. The name doesn’t have to mean . Good band and good music transcends crappy names.”

Jessica folded her arms in contemplation, “The name would have to catch me first for me to listen to your music.”

Taeyeon stopped the two in their tracks, “Or you could just listen to an avid fan like myself who happens to sing like the great leader of Black Wings. All you need is a little taste to find out that Black Wings is the only band you will need in your whole life.”

Jessica stood there asking to be amused and Taeyeon delivered. Choosing a slower tempo song due to the lack of her backup instruments aiding her in screaming out notes, Taeyeon showed Jessica how high her black wings could go.

Mouth agape and heart beating rapidly, Jessica didn’t know if she should even be here this close to the angelic voice that acts like the devil, “Damn.”

Taeyeon’s evil smirk came back, “Turned you on didn’t it?”

Jessica scoffed at the rock star but gave no rebuttal because she was after all, speechless.

With another unanswered question, Taeyeon answered for Jessica, “So that was a yes.”

Jessica rolled her eyes before leaning in and kissing Taeyeon hard on the lips, “No...that was a yes.”

It was Taeyeon’s turn to be stunned and left mute. Who knew the girl with the business clothes had such a sassy side to pull the cocky singer off her high-horse.

Eventually retaining her composure, Taeyeon caught up to the other woman walking away, “Hold on there my y English maiden, I see that I turn you on so we should do something about it?”

Jessica laughed and pushed Taeyeon to the side, “So you like the straight edge of a businesswoman now? I can’t bend you backwards or rock your world.”

Taeyeon gave that plump a quick slap, “Why don’t you show me how to behave?”

Grinning like the devil in the leather pants, Jessica thought it was time to show the singer what businesswomen could be after hours. Not like Taeyeon didn’t mind being shown a lesson or two.

 

 

~END~

 

 


Author's Note

I had fun writing this one although the ending was prob not as rated PG13/M as my readers wanted. Author wanted to keep things flirty and fun (no down and dirty today).

I must say that I always hope for SNSD/Taeyeon to revisit the badgirl image. Taeyeon's Devil's Cry is one of my all-time favorite performaces of hers.