Lips

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

The fragrance of various perfume whisped through the air as eager shoppers went around the store. With the holiday season coming fast, the department store was busier than usual, so much so that a young employee reached down to her legs and massaged them, “Standing for 8 hours is illegal.”

A fellow employee laughed, “Shift is almost done Sica. I told you not to wear those new shoes.”

Jessica frowned looking at her feet, “They were so cute though.”

“My dear we are here to sell makeup and not look cute. Keep those in the closet for a date.”

Jessica looked around quickly before plopping in one of the customer chairs, “then I will never get to wear these shoes.”

“I will take you out on a date if you keep looking that miserable. Now get up before the boss lady finds you and reprimands you again.”

Jessica got out of the chair and hugged her friend, “I want to go to a movie Hyo.”

“Sure sure…hey I think there are some customers coming your way.”

Jessica turned and put on her best smile, “Welcome! Did you want to try some of our new products?”

The group of girls giggled and pushed the smaller friend forward, “She has a date and it is her first time buying makeup. Please take good care of her.”

Jessica guided the girl to the chair, “Tae have fun! We are going to look at the shoes!”

“So you never bought makeup before?” Jessica got a good look at the fair skinned girl. She was beautiful.

The girl ducked behind her bangs shyly, “That isn’t entirely true. I have tried a few things but I don’t know much other than what my friends tell me to put on.”

Jessica smiled and picked a few things up that should match the girl’s complexion, “You don’t really need makeup. I mean more than some mascara, you have a nice natural beauty.”

The girl giggled, “Thank you.”

“So um what are you looking for this date of yours?”

Taeyeon shrugged, “I don’t know. Something that pops I guess.”

Jessica looked around for something that would have that wow factor, “This might be a little much, but we can try this.” With everything gathered at her station, Jessica got started with the foundation, “excited for your date?”

Taeyeon shrugged liking the softness of Jessica’s hands on her face, “I should be. My friends might be more excited.”

“You are not?” Jessica stopped to see the girl’s eyes darting around.

“I don’t know. It is my first date. Maybe I am just nervous.”

Jessica giggled, “there is nothing to be nervous about. Just act normal, like you do with your friends. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. No need to stress over the small things. Now close your eyes.”

Taeyeon closed her eyes for Jessica to apply the eyeshadow and mascara, “you can open again.”

Taeyeon smiled liking this special treatment.

“Can you pucker your lips?” Taeyeon was obedient as Jessica softly brushed Taeyeon’s lips with her fingers applying a bright red lip stain. Jessica couldn’t believe how soft those lips were. They were luscious and silky to her touch. She tried not to get lost in her thoughts of what those lips would feel like against her own.

“Umm smack your lips together.” Again Taeyeon did what she said while Jessica turned her to the mirror, “What do you think?”

“Wow.”

Jessica smiled in victory, “I didn’t do much really. You are very beautiful.”

Just then Taeyeon’s friends came back with bags in hands, “Who is this hot mama!”

“Yawza! Taeyeon you look hot!”

Taeyeon blushed, “You think this suits me?”

“You look wonderful. Any guy would fall into a ditch with one look at you. I mean those red lips look like they need to be kissed!” All the girls giggled while Jessica nodded to herself agreeing with the last statement.

Taeyeon turned back to Jessica, “Can I get everything you used?”

“Everything? I am sure you have your own foundation and mascara?”

Taeyeon itched the back of her head, “I liked what you used more.”

Jessica smiled, “I used an overpriced mascara, do you mind if I recommend something else? You don’t need something that costs that much.”

“S-sure.”

Jessica picked out the items and checked Taeyeon out, “Enjoy your date.”

Taeyeon smiled happily, “Thank you.”

Jessica smiled back until the girl left, “I hope she doesn’t enjoy that date…”

“What did you say?”

Jessica nearly tripped over her chair when her friend came from behind, “Hyo! You gave me a heart attack.”

“That was your last customer right? Ready to go?”

Jessica looked up at the time, “Oh right. My shift is over!”

“So what movie am I supposed to take you to?”

Jessica giggled, “Anything without romance.” Because Jessica knew anything that had to do with kissing would only make her day dream more about those stunning red lips she touched today.

----------------------

Nearly a week and a half later, Jessica was counting down the clock again. She was stuck working Christmas Eve and she wanted to get out of there fast to see her baby sister who just came home from her first year of university. She hated to say she missed the little buggar around.

“Excuse me. Can you help me find a shade?”

Jessica turned around fast, almost lost her balance when she realized who was right behind her, “Oh…hi.”

“Hi.” Taeyeon smiled shyly.

“I didn’t think…you are here?” Jessica looked around and saw Taeyeon looking at the lipsticks, “So um lipstick?”

Taeyeon nodded, “The red was nice, but maybe something not so courageous?”

Jessica giggled, “How was the date?”

Taeyeon shrugged as she naturally slipped into the chair, “I didn’t go on it.”

Jessica raised her brow, “Why not?”

“The more I thought about it, the more I didn’t want to go.”

“Oh.” Jessica was trying hard not to smile at the news, “What about this color? I think it will suit you better.”

“Okay.”

Jessica was careful as she laid the lipstick on Taeyeon’s lips. She watched as the color glided over those plump pink lips almost memorized by the way the color molded onto the soft skin. “Smack your lips.” Jessica said in a sultry voice. After Taeyeon smacked her lips together, Jessica reached forward to wipe away a small blemish that Jessica didn’t know if she did on purpose just so she had a chance to feel those lips one last time.

Taeyeon turned to the mirror to check out her new look, “I really like this. I think it will be perfect.”

Jessica smiled, “glad I could help. So you have big plans for tonight? Christmas Eve is basically Christmas.”

Taeyeon giggled, “Actually I do. I just needed your magic touch to make me look stunning for tonight.”

Jessica’s heart dropped a little knowing Taeyeon must have a date, “I am sure you will knock them dead.”

Taeyeon put back on her coat, “I hope you are not working too late tonight.”

Jessica shook her head, “You actually came just in time. I am going to knock off in 10 minutes.”

Taeyeon smiled widely, “Then I hope you have a great Christmas Eve. Thanks again.”

Jessica smiled politely as she watched the girl go again. Although it was for a brief period of time, Jessica already felt this Christmas was a little bit better by just seeing the other girl.

A few minutes later, Jessica’s shift was finished and she gathered her belongings in the employee lounge to leave for the night. It was cold so she bundled up tightly in her jacket and scarf afraid of the bitter winter winds that were sure to greet her when she stepped outside.

Although Jessica was bracing for the cold to hit her face when she stepped outdoors, someone else nearly knocked her off her feet, “T-Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon turned and grinned brightly at the young sales clerk, “Hey.”

“I thought you left. Didn’t you have a date?”

Taeyeon giggled, “Of course.”

Jessica looked around a bit, “Are you meeting him here?”

Taeyeon shook her head no, “She just arrived.”

She? Jessica didn’t know what to say so Taeyeon walked forward and took Jessica’s cold hand into her own, “Jessica, would you like to be my date this Christmas Eve?”

Luckily the cold hid her blush, “What?”

Weaving their fingers together, Taeyeon stepped a little closer, “I know it is sudden but since I saw you that day, I can’t stop thinking about you. So much so that I had to ask your co-worker your schedule.”

“Hyo?” Jessica was still paralyzed by this realization.

“Yes. So I hope you don’t mind if I ask you now to be my date for tonight.”

“Then I hope you don’t mind if this seems a bit sudden too.” Without much thought, Jessica leaned forward and crashed her lips into Taeyeon’s finally getting to taste and feel those precious lips on her own. They were perfect.

When the kiss ended, Taeyeon was heating up so bad that she started to fan herself, “Wow.”

Jessica her lips in victory, “Sorry. I was just ah thinking about doing that for a while now.”

Taeyeon giggled and brought Jessica’s hands up to her lips and kissed them, “And I have been thinking of holding your hands like this. I guess we are even.”

Jessica nodded, “So where are you taking me on this date?”

Taeyeon squeezed Jessica’s hand in anticipation, “I know the perfect place.”

Jessica giggled as Taeyeon led them around the city.

In the end, each girl got what they wanted.

Lips and gentle hands.

 

~END~