Going Out Swinging

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

 

The golf instructor brushed down her pants making sure no wrinkles were apparent. She was set to be the next best female golfer in the world. She won the LPGA Championship twice but a car crash caused her to retire when she fractured her wrist in several places. Although most people said she could go back on tour and still be better than most players, Taeyeon chose the quiet life of being the top female instructor at the most elite golf club in Korea. The pay was great and she could choose her schedule and not worry about training every day.

Looking over her schedule, Taeyeon smiled to herself seeing the name of her first student of the day, “I forgot today was Thursday.”

Picking up her golf bag, Taeyeon walked out to her golf cart and strapped in her bag before driving off to the club storage and was greeted by another man, “Hey Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon smiled happily, “Hey. I have a lesson with Ms. Jung.”

“Yes mam. Let me get her clubs for you.” The man went back into the warehouse to retrieve the golf clubs that belonged to her client.

Taeyeon waited outside kicking the grass beneath her feet. She looked out at the beautiful range, “It is a nice day.”

The man came out and hooked up the clubs to her cart, “Taeyeon all set. Have a good time out there.”

Taeyeon flashed a smile, “I always do.” Getting into her cart, Taeyeon drove off to the clubhouse and parked back by the kitchen where another worker greeted her, “Hey I have lessons with Ms. Jung. Can you get her usual?”

“Yes mam.” The man disappeared but came back out shortly with a drink in hand, “Here you go.”

Taeyeon took it and carefully placed it in the passenger cup holder, “Thanks.” With her last stop done, Taeyeon drives around to the front entrance of the clubhouse to pick up her student.”

With her shades down, Ms. Jung eyed up Taeyeon, “You are a little late.”

Taeyeon giggled and handed off the drink, “I got your favorite.”

The woman grabbed the drink and sipped through the straw sighing in satisfaction, “God that is good. Come on let’s go.”

Taeyeon ran over to the driver side while Ms. Jung sat next to her.

It was silent as they drove across the range as Ms. Jung sipped her drink just enjoying the weather like Taeyeon. Eventually Taeyeon made it to the practice range and stopped the car, “Alright. We are here. I wanted to get started with your drive and then we will do mostly midrange because that is where you struggle the most.”

Following behind Taeyeon, Ms. Jung accepted her drive and waited for Taeyeon to place down the ball, not hiding that she was checking out the instructer’s .

“Alright. Let me see your swing,” Taeyeon said as she stepped back.

Ms. Jung looked around, “You know you can call me Jessica. Ms. Jung sounds so formal when you use it.”

Taeyeon laughed, “I call all my students by their last name.”

Jessica walked by the instructor swaying her hips, “Come on Taeyeon, you have been my instructor for a while now, no need for the formalities and I don’t like that everyone knows I am the owner’s daughter.”

Taeyeon coughed, “I don’t think me calling you by your first name will make people forget.”

Jessica hummed before quickly taking her swing.

Taeyeon watched in awe as it went nearly 150 yards, “Wow have you been practicing during your off time?”

Jessica smiled triumphantly, “I think I have a great teacher…or good genes. You know you are not the only PGA winner at this club.”

“Oh I know. I respect your father very much for what he has done. Now I have a few pointers for you. Although your range was great, you are still hooking right.” Taeyeon went behind Jessica and held her tight causing Jessica to blush bright red as Taeyeon held her hand, “Remember to keep your wrist tight and lets get you to choke up a bit.” Stepping back, Taeyeon put a new ball down, “Okay try again.”

Jessica released her breathe with Taeyeon letting go. Taking a few seconds, Jessica gained her composure before swinging again but the ball only went 100 yards, “Shoot.”

Taeyeon smiled a little at the tiny tantrum, “It is okay. Straight is always better than more yards. You see there your ball is in perfect position. Come on, lets go to that one and work on your short game.”

Jessica was smiling again as she skipped over to the cart while Taeyeon put the clubs back in the bags and drove off to the site of Jessica’s ball, “Hey Taeyeon…”

Taeyeon took out the clubs she wanted, “Yes?”

“When I get good enough, can I play against you?”

Taeyeon stopped what she was doing and held her wrist a bit, “Umm we could. I don’t know if you are at that point yet.”

Jessica smiled as she took the 9 iron out of Taeyeon’s hand, “I don’t care if I lose. It would be for fun.”

Taeyeon smiled walking towards the ball, “Okay just hit the ball so I can tell you what you are doing wrong.”

Jessica stuck out her tongue before lining up the shot and taking the hit, “I am not getting that out of the water.”

Taeyeon laughed, “It is okay. I have more balls.” Placing the ball on the ground Taeyeon lined the club on the ground, “You were facing the wrong way. See here you were aiming at the water. I told you to keep your eye on the ball. Also, I think you were hitting better with the 7 last time. Let’s try that instead.”

Jessica took the 7 iron and went to line up and hit the ball again. This time the ball landed on the green, “Yes!!!” Hopping up and down Taeyeon smiled at Jessica’s triumph, “I did it!”

“Good job. Now do it again.”

Jessica frowned, “Why…let me put it in.”

Taeyeon laughed putting the ball back down, “repetition. Now do it again.”

Jessica frowned and half hazardly hit it again making it go short of the green, “This is stupid.”

Taeyeon dropped a ball back down and went to Jessica’s side caressing her arm, “You can do it. Focus.”

Jessica gulped not knowing how to focus with Taeyeon this close to her, “s-sure.”

Taeyeon smirked as she lined Jessica up one more time, “you can do it.”

Stepping back, Taeyeon watched Jessica swing and make it on the green again, “Great! I might lose against you one of these days.”

Jessica laughed, “Sure. You are a junior prodigy and I just have expensive coaches.”

“Whatever,” Taeyeon smiled with her hands in her pockets, “Let’s go find your other ball.”

The lesson went on for another hour until Taeyeon drove Jessica back to the clubhouse, “You get better every time.”

Jessica laughed, “You are just saying that.”

“No! I think you are. There is potential to beat me.” Taeyeon smiled, “see you next week?”

Jessica smiled coyly, “Of course. A week.”

Taeyeon watched Jessica go into the clubhouse before getting back into her cart and driving off to the storage locker which was empty. She knew that the man that worked here likes to leave early on Thursdays to pick up his kids from school.

Going back to unstrap Jessica’s clubs, Taeyeon carried them into the storage facility and put them into their proper place before someone snuck up behind her and wrapped her into a kiss. Taeyeon smiled knowing who it was and kissed back with just as much eagerness, “God I missed you.”

Taeyeon left some teasing kisses on the girl’s lips, “should we make your lessons twice a week?”

Jessica smiled as she felt up Taeyeon’s body, “I can ask daddy.”

Taeyeon lunged forward and swallowed Jessica’s sigh, “I won’t complain.”

Jessica chuckled, “you were such a tease on the green today.”

Taeyeon laughed as she took in Jessica’s beautiful features into her hands, “I missed you too.”

Jessica nipped at Taeyeon’s lips loving their connection, “How long till your next student?”

“An hour.”

Jessica grinned, “How much longer until this storage guy comes back?”

“An hour and half.”

Jessica hummed in satisfaction, “perfect. I don’t think daddy will notice I am gone that long.”

Taeyeon giggled and led Jessica to the far back of the room, “one of these days your dad is going to find out and I will get fired.”

Jessica laughed, “Then I will have to take lessons at another course.”

Taeyeon giggled along with her, “I am happy to have you as my student any day.”

 

~END~