Something New

A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection)

 

 

She held up the phone to her ruby red lips, “$100,000 for her dead.” Snickering she hung up the phone before replacing it with the blood red wine, “You think you have won…but I will have the last laugh Kim Taeyeon.”

-------------

Taeyeon wiped away her tears and dabbed her blackened eyes with Kleenex, “I don’t know why you did it if you were going to be this devastated.”

Taeyeon shook her head at her makeup artist, “I had to. I love her but it can’t work.”

The makeup artist pat her friend on the back, “I get it but you need to those tears back in so I can redo all your makeup. You look like you died and then came back to die again. I need you to look like a star.”

Taeyeon took one last blow into her tissue, “I get it. I won’t let it bother me.”

“Hold your head up high and you will look like a million bucks tonight. I snuck a peek at your dress.”

“Isn’t it too much for a party?”

“No. steal the show like you always do.”

Taeyeon breathed in deeply, “Lights, camera, action then.”

------------------

Taeyeon gazed out the window watching the drips of rain go down the sides of the glass. Although the weather was unpleasant, she found solace in the fact it fit her mood perfectly. Here she was dressed to the nine and forced to smile but all she wanted to do was crawl back into a hole.

The car stopped so Taeyeon parted the curtain to see a line of photographers waiting. She needed to look happy, everyone expected it so when the door opened and the lights flashed in her face, no one would see the silent tears.

Like a train professional, Taeyeon stepped out with her head held high and her phone ready to capture her moment on IG. Her fanbase would appreciate knowing where she was and how great she looked tonight. For a moment she slipped into one of her personas; a very successful entertainer.

Walking down the red carpet, she felt confidant and empowered but when the flashes left and she stood in the cold lobby alone, she couldn’t shake the idea that something was off.

Her manager slipped her a key and told her to rest for a bit before going to the afterparty. Thinking nothing of it, Taeyeon caught the elevator up.

Taeyeon saw the unusually large suitcase next to the bellboy and the man in the suit. Pink was such an unusual color for two men. Walking in slowly, Taeyeon eyed out the man in the suit wondering why there was sweat going down his face. Nothing added up so Taeyeon reached in her bag and threw a hammer at the man as soon as the elevator closed. The suited man dodged the flying contraption and went to grab Taeyeon. Quickly, Taeyeon evaded his grasp and instead jumped on his back and put him into a chokehold. With all her might, Taeyeon squeezed the air out of his lungs making him pass out.

The elevator door opened again so Taeyeon took the suitcase with her down the hall. Sweat streamed down her face as she wiped some blood away from . She took out her key and swiped it in the key slot to let herself in. She kept the bag at the door before collapsing on the bed. Taking out her phone, Taeyeon scanned the comments on her previous post with her arriving. There were so many admirers although she only wanted one. She didn’t comment.

The sound of the door opening startled Taeyeon and she quickly got up until she noticed it was room service. She didn’t order room services but the assortment of cakes being shown before her were tantalizing. However, the last case opened was not food but a knife. Taeyeon quickly recoiled and grabbed a pillow just avoiding a knife stabbing her. Taeyeon kicked up and flung the maid away from her but the maid quickly recovered and turned to stab Taeyeon again. Rolling to the side, the maid repeatedly stabbed the bed narrowly missing Taeyeon.

Reaching for the phone, Taeyeon pulled it out of the wall and hit the maid in the head. The maid recoiled and slipped hitting her head on the bed in the process, passing out. Taeyeon knew she had a hit on her head so she reached into the maid’s pocket finding car keys. She needed to get far away so she took her suitcases and went out of the hotel trying to find a black truck.

The keys reacted and Taeyeon threw the suitcase into the back before driving off. She drove several hours to the nearest beach. When she took the suitcase out of the back she noticed a shotgun and she took that too. Walking to the side of the nearest cliff, Taeyeon chucked the suitcase of cash off the side and took the gun to shoot it, “You think this is enough to take me down?”

Hauling the gun over her shoulder, Taeyeon walked confidently back to the car to drive to the root of her problems. She drove along the coast enjoying the breeze and looming sunset. She knew what she had to do to get this price off her head.

 

Taeyeon drove up to a mansion and pulled the shotgun out of the car with her. Immediately, guns were on her and people were yelling for her to put the gun down, “I just want to talk to her.”

“Miss you can’t enter with a gun!”

Taeyeon looked left and right seeing two security cameras. Raising her gun she shot out both camera and then threw her gun to the ground, “Tell her I will be here waiting.”

The guards all looked at one another wondering what to do, but their decision was already made when a beautiful young lady dressed in a long gown exited the house, “Let her in.”

Taeyeon smirked at the guards before waltzing her way into the mansion. She never liked the aura of the mansion. It always seemed dim and cold, as if there was only a house and no inhabitants. Who needed such a large space anyway?

“So why are you here?”

Taeyeon laughed, “I think you know very well why I am here Jessica. Trying to kill me now?”

Jessica grinned her teeth together, “Now why would I do that?”

Approaching the desk separating the two of them, Taeyeon took it upon herself to sneak behind and level with Jessica, “Is it if ‘I can’t have you, no one can’ situation?”

Jessica scoffed, “What do I care what you do?”

“I think you care very much. I was touched you sent out a hit on me. Not like anyone would do me much harm. Although I gave up being an officer to be in entertainment, doesn’t mean I didn’t forget all my training.” Taeyeon reached over and traced Jessica’s sharp jawline with her finger, “So how much am I worth dead?”

Jessica turned her head abruptly, “I just wanted you badly injured.”

Laughing Taeyeon closed the gap, “I thought you would understand why we had to break up. If anyone knew I was dating the daughter of president of the most dangerous gang in Seoul, how would that look for me?”

“So all you care about is your job! What about me? I ing loved you!”

“I was doing it for you!” Taeyeon held her ground, “everyone would hate you for dating me. I don’t want you to get caught up in this entertainment bull.”

“Then leave! Go back to being an officer and place your handcuffs on me, you know how much I love those cold…” Jessica couldn’t finish her sentence when Taeyeon claimed her lips. The were fierce and desperate to have contact. All that pent up frustration and want came out at once with the girls clawing and grasping for one another.

Taeyeon couldn’t get enough of Jessica as she pushed her against the desk with all her weight, “I don’t want to leave.”

Jessica gasped for air, “Not even for me?”

Taeyeon kissed Jessica twice, “I am living my dream.”

Jessica sniffled as she buried her head in Taeyeon’s shoulder, “I want to be part of your dream.”

“Of course you are. You were the one that made me realize I could have it.”

“Then keep me by your side.”

“Jessica…”

The younger girl held on tighter breaking all of Taeyeon’s resolve, “please…”

Tipping her head back to stop the tears, Taeyeon continued to hold the fragile girl in her arms, “Fine…”

Jessica popped up happy, “Yes? Yes! Are you sure?”

Taeyeon laughed and kissed her girl, “Yes. I will stay together with you but we need to be more careful. And remove that hit on me!”

“I removed it already. And I can be extra careful.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Good. If the media caught wind of you, that would make headlines. America’s sweetheart with Korea’s deadliest gangster.”

“I think that would be better. That way all those crazed fans know not to mess with my girl.”

Taeyeon laughed, “that would be nice but I am trained in every martial arts.”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a peck on the lips, “I know we are but how about I watch you do some in the bedroom. You could also arrest me for being a bad girl.”

“Oh…” Taeyeon raised her brows, “severe punishment is what you will get.”

The two lovebirds went back to the bedroom and had wonderful makeup . An entertainer and a gangster, it surely was something new.

 

 

~END~

 

 


Author's Note

My version of the music video. I hope you liked. Please watch Taeyeon's newest release! She keeps surprising us with very different music :)