9 Knowing more

"Mr" Right

Morning came and i never felt better. No school for the next 2 weeks! I did a little leap of happiness in my heart and i turned to continue sleeping. Not long later, I heard the door open and mum walking in. She playfully hit my bum a few times saying, "Wakey wakey sleepy head! You got a visitor."

"Who is it.. It's so early.."I mumbled.

"Its not early anymore! It's noon!" She lowered her voice and said, "It's a handsome guy."

I never had anyone coming to my house, other than May and Luhan. So when my mum said a handsome guy, there could only be Luhan. I sat up, and wash up hastedly and hopped (literally) down the stairs to the living room. 

"Hey Ha... Oh Kai?" I stopped on my tracks when i saw a smiling face in my living room. 

Suddenly, I felt self-conscious of how i look. I was in my pjs, an oversized tee and nike pro tights, not missing out the point that my hair was sticking out everywhere. I decided that it doesn't really matter as i wanted to know why he was here instead. When i wanted to continue hopping down the stairs, Kai walked over and carried my in the bridal position, catching me off guard totally. It wasnt a bad feeling, just shocked. I could hear mum giggling in the kitchen.

"Mum stop that!" I shouted. 

"Sorry dear, you two look good." 

"Mum!"

Kai placed me down gentlely on the couch and he sat beside me smiling and my conversation with my mum. I ingnored my mum and asked him what's with the surprise visit.

He fidgeted a little before turning to look at me. I looked back, waiting for an answer. 

"Could you.. erm.. walk me around this area? I'm not very familiar with this neighbourhood yet.." He chuckled shyly. For the past 3 years, I have lived at this very house, and i definitely know it better than him. I quickly nodded my head and said, "Sure, but i can't walk you around, like literally" I pointed to my foot. He laughed and said he will push me on my wheelchair. 

After a hearty breakfast, he waited for me to wash up. I took much longer than usual because of my ankle but im glad he didn't mind. I bid goodbye to my mum with kisses and off we went. We went around the neighbourhood and i explained to him what the building was, where he should go for good food, and where he should not spend money on. He only nodded and pushed me along. We ended up in a playground next at a kindergarden. It was their playtime, and whenever i am free, i would volunteer here to play with the children. 

Kai didn't want to know the neighbourhood better, he want to spend time with her, especially after what happened in the class. He saw how her eyes glistened with joy as she watched the kids play. He unknowingly smiled at her too. 

"So, you like kids?" He said.

"I'm ok with them. I volunteer here sometimes, you know, play with the children." I said as i waved to a few of them, and they waved back before continuing their game of hide and seek. "They take my mind of things most of the time." I smiled and looked at him.

He nodded. "Hows your ankle? I saw you fell.." Before he could shut his mouth, I heard it all.

"You were there?" I asked softly. He nodded once again.

"Oh, haha, well thats embarrassing.." I chuckled. 

"No it wasnt i wanted to help you up but i guess someone was faster.." He lowered his head.

I was puzzled. Why did he say that? I opened my mouth to ask why, but decided that it was important. 

Soon, we chatted about our lives, how did i end up in korea alone, did i miss my family, what did i like to eat, why i love volleyball. I asked why did he enter this university, where is his family, how was Sehun doing, how did he find classes was.

When i was younger, I had this huge crush on korean culture. I loved how kimchi tasted, how there were pretty hanboks and of course, the kpop culture. This i made up my mind to come to korea to study and here i am. Although my love for the kpop culture have died a long time ago, i still dream of wearing pretty hanboks for new year. Of course i missed my family. I always only manage to go back for chinese new year, thus i cannot really get to wear the korean hanbok as i would be in Singapore at the time of Korean new year. Plus, i had no korean relatives to visit. I love to eat all thing and everything! Kimchi soup was my favourite and i told him how i have to have rice or noodles for breakfast or i will go nuts. We both laughed at my great ability to eat. He was wondering how i still manage to maintain an excellent figure. Which brings me to my next point of my love for volleyball. From young, my sisters and i took part in volleyball cca in primary school. I explained and he listen attentively. I told him when i saw my seniors diving, spiking and serving, i felt that they were so god damn cool and i wanted to be like them. Plus point was their body shape. 

As she was explaining her love for volleyball, i found the same glistening charm in her eyes. Her passion for vollyeball was strong like his for dancing. He found himself to fall in love with her already. She continued to talk, and he was like a sponge, trying to absorb every little detail of her. Her single eye lid which was uniquely cute, the soft lips that never stopped moving, her jawlines and sharp nose. He found himself wanting to trace all those places with his lips..

Little did we know, it was already dinner time. We had lots of fun together as he sent me home. Mum asked him to stay for dinner, and he just couldn't say no. After dinner, mum and i bid him farewell and i caught my mum whispering to him, "Come over often. My daughter likes you." 

Before i could interrupt, i heard a softer whisper, "I will. And I like her too."