39 Look Who's Here?

"Mr" Right

After that day, Luhan was determined to help the damsel in distress. 

He unlocked his phone and dialed Kai's number. 

"Hello?" Kai asked, while typing away on his laptop. 

"I didn't remember asking you to make her sad, Kai." Luhan said without greeting Kai.

Kai stopped typing and looked up from his computer screen in shock. "Is.. is this Lu..Luhan? Hyung!" Kai said a little too loudly and some of his collegues turned to look at him. He motioned sorry and bowed his head to hide himself from being seen. 

"Hyung! When did you come back? Why didn't you tell me?" Kai said excitedly. 

Luhan pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, before saying, "Let's meet for lunch later ok? Sms me your workplace address, i will be waiting infront of your office building at 1pm."

"S..sure hyung! I will sms it now. I can't wait to see you later!" Kai said, and hung up the phone to sms Luhan the address immediately. He returned to work and typed double the speed as he was feeling so happy. 

- - -

After glancing at the clock for the thousandth time, it was finally 1pm. Kai put his laptop to sleep and picked up his coat and off he went walking swiftly to the door. 

Upon reaching the office lobby, his eyes immediately started scanning the lobby for the familiar face, and stop at the sight of a man in a brown coat. That was Luha  no doubt. Kai creeped up softly to Luhan and threw himself on the poor man's body from behind.

"Hyung!" Kai shouted.

"Yah! Are you crazy? Get off me now! You are so heavy!" Luhan exclaimed while Kai got off him. 

"Haha! How have you been? I heard you are featured in a movie, but sorry bro, i didn't have time to watch it." Kai said as they walked to lunch. 

Luhan just shrugged as they entered the restaurant. They were quickly seated and the ahjumma came to take their orders and left to prepare for it. 

While waiting for the food, Luhan and Kai just chatted casually about what each of them are doing so far, in work and relationship. 

The food arrived! The piping hot bibimbap (mixed rice) for Kai and sampgyeotsal (?) for Luhan. 

They dug into their food and halfway through the meal, Luhan finally thought it was the good timing to start his real agenda for the meeting. 

"Kai-ah.." Luhan started. Kai looked up at Luhan after putting a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

"I heard.. from Annie about what happened between the two of you." Luhan said carefully, while observing Kai's facial expression. 

Kai stopped chewing almost immediately as he swallowed forcefully the food in his mouth and slowly lowered his spoon. 

Luhan sighed. "I dont know what to do with you, man. If i knew this would happen, i wouldn't have gave her up back then." 

"Dude, i was drugged! It wasn't my fault you know!" Kai explained in a desperate voice.

"It wouldn't have happened if you didn't have the idea of Yuki in your head in the first place." Luhan reasoned. 

With that, Kai remained silent for a long time. The sound of the crowd and cheers could be heard loudly. 

After a long while, Kai finally opened his mouth. "You know what? You are right. If i had remained 100% loyal to Annie, all these would not have happened." 

Luhan hate to admit, especially seeing how dejected Kai looked, but he was glad that Kai finally understood what he meant. 

"I shouldn't be a burden and weigh Annie down from finding her happiness with Sehun, right Hyung?" Kai said in a cracking voice. 

Luhan looked at Kai and was shocked when he saw Kai's eyes getting watery. 

Luhan sighed softly and placed one arm on Kai's drooping shoulders and said, "You are all grown up."