27 Heart Break or New Love?

"Mr" Right

Kai ran his fingers through his already messy hair, something he did when he was lost for words. 

I still remembered his actions.. 

He turned to face me with emotions so deep in his eyes that my anger towards his actions couldn't help be subside a little. I let out a little sigh and patted the empty spot beside me on my bed, "I'm sorry", and gave an apologetic smile. 

Kai felt so relieved that I was willing to hear him out and the corners of his mouth hooked up, something he had not done in weeks since you two "broke up". 

Sitting down slowing at the spot you patted, Kai held your hands in his and squeezed them tightly. 

With his eyes shut tightly, a drop of tear escaped from the corner of his eyes as he spoke.

"I was suppose to pick you up on our graduation ceremony, right? But the night before, that night i wished never happened, I.. I was drugged by Yuki and.." 

And so, i tried to remain as calm as possible as i heard Kai out. 

Drugged. Could not remember what happened. He wasn't such a bad drinker, Sehun knows that too. He swore he didn't do anything like that according to his will. 

Everything was so, so much for me to take, and i felt my headache coming back again. 

"Ah.." I let out a soft cry as my free hand when to my temples and my eyes shut tight. 

"Annie, are you ok? I will call the doctor." Kai said as he got up to get a doctor. 

But something in me made me stop him by holding his hand back. 

"I.. I am fine. I just.. just need.." I whispered. 

Kai sat back down on the same spot, maybe a little closer this time, and he cupped my face in his hands, and rubbed my tear stained cheeks with his smooth thumb and said, "Need what?" softly. 

I looked up at Kai, and for a few seconds, everything felt so perfect. 

His eyes, sharp jawline, thick lips, and prefectly messy hair - every woman's dream partner was right infront of me. 

But for me, the person i needed, or wanted, at that moment wasn't him.

"I need Sehun." I whispered and looked down at my blanket covering my legs. 

I didn't have to courage to see what expression Kai was wearing when i said that. Admittedly, i felt a little guilty but my insecurities were so much stronger than guilt. What if he does it again? How would i know what he said was true? I don't know if i should trust Kai. 

Kai was shocked, and his heart felt like a million needles sticking through it simultaneously when I called for Sehun instead. 

This is it.. Kai thought, as he walked lifelessly towards the ward exit.

With his hands on the walls, he took a last look at you who was facing the other direction to avoid eye contact, and turned away before you could see his tears flow and walked out of the ward. 

Upon seeing Sehun, who was sitted at the lounge outside the ward, Kai quickly wiped his tears.

"Hey", Kai said with a crooky voice. 

Sehun frowned a little as he knew something was wrong. "How did it go? She will forgive you, she's understanding." 

Kai only shrugged and said, "She called for you. Anyway, i got to go, something cropped up. See you at home."

Before waiting for a reply, Kai swiftly turned around and walked towards the lift, and not long after, his tears flowed like a broken tap again.

Sehun remained at the same spot, trying to figure out what happened, and he wasn't dumb to not know. He sighed and walked quickly towards your ward. He turned in to find you sobbing silently, hugging your legs. Surprised, he quickly rushed over to your bed side, and sat down at the same spot that Kai sat on. 

"Annie! Why are you crying? Are.. Are you hurt anywhere? You need me to call the doctor?" Sehun fired questions at me. 

I shook my head and only hugged Sehun tightly around his waist, catching him in surprise as i felt him froze for that moment. I cried in his broad chest. Not hesitating a second, Sehun wrapped his arms around my body and patted my back to calm me down. Like that, we stayed until i felt my cry turn into soft sobs and finally, i stopped crying. 

I peeled my arms off his waist, and quickly wiped my face in an attempt to clean up the mess. Just then, Sehun laughed. 

"What's so funny?" I asked him in a crooky voice. 

Sehun pointed to my face, "You. You look horrible now!" And he laughed loudly, causing other patients around me to turn to look in our direction. 

"Stop laughing!" I yelled at him and cupped one hand around his mouth and the other at the back of his head so he cant escape. Ignoring how shocked he looked, i whispered, "People are looking!" 

Sehun wanted to retaliate and he struggled to break free from my grip, but i lost my balance and we toppled over on the bed together, ending up with Sehun towering over me and my hitting my head against the bed frame. I closed my eyes shut, waiting to feel a heavy load falling on my body while the pain my head numbed my head, but i didn't. So i opened my eyes and found Sehun's eyes opened widely staring back at me. That moment, time seemed to have stopped and Sehun laughed again at my carelessness before quickly getting up and not forgetting to help me up too. 

"Stop laughing! It hurts alright!" I pouted and rubbed the back of my head. I could already feel a bump forming. 

"Alright alright. I will stop. HAHA. Ok, end. Here let me take a look." Sehun said as he tried to stop laughing but every now and then, some giggles could be heard. He turned me to face him and he slowly rubbed the back of my head. 

It was only then that i could observe all of Sehun's facial features. Those cheery pink lips, sharp nose, strong eyes, thick eyebrows. It was all so perfect. 

"Stop staring. You are burning a hole in my face." Sehun whispered. 

"Oh.." I blushed, "Sorry.."

Sehun chuckled and said, "You know, you look really cute blushing like this."

"W..What? Hey I..I'm not blushing for you." I said and playfully punched his chest. 

He then pressed my bump on the back of my head harder, which made me let out a soft cry before i gave him another playful punch. 

Like that, my one night stay at the hospital wasn't as bored as i thought it would be, and i have completely forgotten about Kai and his confession about the truth. It was always time with Sehun that felt so good. As it was only a small case of high fever, I was discharged the next day.