30 Interview

"Mr" Right

Finally it was D-Day for my interview. I woke up earlier than expected and started getting ready. 

I kissed my mum goodbye and hopped out of the door while wearing my heels. 

It was 8.30am when i reach the busstop, and my interview starts at 9.30am. The journey to Company X was a long one, and i needed to be earlier than the interview timing. After checking my watch for the millionth time, the bus finally arrived. But it was every working adult's worst nightmare. The bus was rather crowded. I didn't want to miss this bus and wait for who knows how long for the next bus, so i decided to squeeze on the bus. 

Just as the bus door was about to close, i heard a familiar voice. 

"Wait up! Sorry sorry." Kai apologised to the passengers on board for delaying the bus departure time, but his attractive physical appearance got forgiveness from almost everyone on board immediately. 

After paying for his ride, he looked up to see me standing with my right profile facing him. Kai smiled to himself secretly and squeezed his way until he was standing on your right side. 

"Hey." He said. 

"Oh, i didn't see you here." I said nonchalently and looked straight out the bus window. 

"I'm sure you did." Kai smirked, and i saw it through the reflection on the bus window. Unknowingly, i smiled to myself too. 

"So, i havent asked this, but what company are you going for the interview?" I asked. 

Kai shrugged and said, "X."

"W..What?" I said a little too loudly and earned some glances from other working ladies. 

I apologised before turning to face an amused Kai. I shook my head and looking straight out the window again. 

The supposedly 30 mins busride felt longer than usual with Kai around, but i didn't mind much. 

The bus was really jerky and i almost fell sideways, but Kai always catch me just in time to stop me from falling by the waist, followed by a smile. 

After a while, Kai wrapped his arm around my waist tightly. 

I stared at him with wide eyes and slapped his arm. "What do you think you are doing?" I hissed. 

"You cant keep falling over, just for today, let's stay like this." Kai whispered back and pulled me in closer to him. 

Now i was standing facing his chest, with his arm around my waist. In this position, i didn't fall anymore. 

I peeked up at his face. The strong jawline, clean and fresh shaved chin, and flawless skin. I sighed to myself and thought to myself that one day, one day like this is alright. Little did i know...

Upon arriving, both of us alighted and Kai helped me down the bus like a gentlemen. I accepted and both of us walked towards the company together. 

In the waiting room, i got quite nervous as i kept wiping my sweat away. Kai, seeing how nervous i was, didn't say anything but held my hand and gave it a little squeeze. I was reminded of the reassuring squeeze that Sehun gave me the night at the hospital. I smiled back feeling thankful. Just then, my phone rang.

Phone call

Me: Hello?

Sehun: Morning Annie! 

Me: *smile* Sehun!

Sehun: Dont be nervous, you can do it! I'm sorry i cant be there for you.. I wish i was there. I would be hugging you now.

Me: Haha. It's ok. I wish you were here too..

And the conversation continued. 

Kai's face got darker with every sentence he heard you say. Those words.. You used to say it to him. Now, it was all for Sehun. He sighed inwardly and stared at the ceiling while trying not to listen to the conversation, but from time to time, he would catch how you sweetly you smiled to your phone, how you twisted your hair in your fingers, and most importantly, how less nervous you got. 

I got off the phone and found myself smiling unknowingly. Oh the things Sehun can do to me and for me. Just then, i caught the dark expression of Kai's face. 

"What's wrong? You want water?" I asked softly. 

Kai only shook his head. I shrugged and leaned back on my seat, closing my eyes to relax before it was my turn. 

Finally, i was called. i stood up and brushed myself and just as i was walking away, Kai grabbed my hand. 

Before i could turn around, i heard him say, "Wait for me after your interview." 

The lady was calling for me again and i shook off his hands and walked away before giving a second thought to his words. 

- - -

After my interview, i was led back to the waiting room. Kai wasn't there anymore. I guess it was his turn for the interview. Just as i was about to leave, I remembered his words. I hesitated whether to wait or to leave. 

But then, friends would wait for friends right? Also, i didn't have any plans after the interview too. I sigh and mentally called myself an idiot before sitting down on a chair and played games on my phone.

When Kai was done with his interview, he had little hope that I was waiting for him. But still, he scanned the waiting room. 

His eye landed on the lady sleeping soundly on an arm chair with the game application opened. He squated beside her chair and looked at her lovely sleeping face. Even though she had minimal makeup on, and some of her acne scars and pimples can be seen, she was still the most beautiful lady to him, probably for life. Just as he wanted to my cheeks, i stirred and pryed opened my eyes.

I saw Kai looking back at me and i nearly jumped out of my seat. 

I checked if i drooled before asking him, "How long have you been here?" 

Kai chuckled and said, "Not long. And dont worry you didn't drool. Let's go. Want to eat something?" Kai knew i get hungry after sleep or nap.

I eyed him cautiously before i said, "You are treating." 

Kai smiled and extended his hands for me to take, but i stood up myself and walked ahead of him. Kai chuckled and shook his head, "Tough lady. Totally my style." And ran to catch up with me. 

 

 

A/N: Hi guys! How are you all enjoying some KaiOC moments? :) I personally liked it! Kai is really trying to get back with the OC, starting all over again slowly. What do you think, now that there are 2 really sweet guys going after OC? Do leave feedbacks, really enjoy reading them. I want my first fanfic to be good.