49 Jaehee's Story (Part 3)

"Mr" Right

Life for Jaehee after the honeymoon was definitely not sweet sailing. 

At work, Minsang was the future CEO, while Jaehee was the future COO.

At home, Minsang was the son-in-law, considered the second highest rank at home, while Jaehee was his wife. 

Even though Jaehee screamed and shouted back at Minsang at times when she could take it no more, Minsang would slap or kick her. 

After a few months time, Jaehee was officially pregnant. 

Initally, she was devastated by the news. A baby? With that inhuman human? She was so close to signing up for an adoption, but then something got her thinking further. 

"The doctor said that the baby was 2 months old.. But our honeymoon was only 1 month ago.. How could.." Jaehee thought to herself as she left the clinic. 

When the reality struck her, she stopped her tracks and everything fell in place. 

"..It's.. Sehun oppa.." She whispered. 

But for her to get a divorce only after 1 month of marriage was an obvious no-no. 

Jaehee went home that day with mixed feelings. Of course, Minsang did not accompany her to the clinic, for he was too busy at work. 

Jaehee didn't tell anyone about the truth behind the identity of the baby, but when it was due time for the birth, Minsang thought it was too early. 

- - -

"Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Park, it's a baby boy!" The nurse said as she brought the cleaned baby to the husband. 

Minsang, although admittedly is a play-boy, was too amazed by the tiny human being in his arms - so fragile and precious. But then he remembered that something was wrong and he quickly shook himself awake and passed the baby back to the mother. 

Jaehee, completely oblivious to Minsang's expression, was totally focused on her child. 

He has he's dad's cherry lips.. and bright eyes.. She thought to herself.

"Shall we name him.. Munjae? Munjae-ah," Jaehee called, and the baby looked at her. Perfect name it is.

- - -

As Munjae grew up, he discovered many things. 

Firstly, that his father detested him - a lot. Since young, his father would not care a bit about him, even when he came home bawling his eyes out, his father would scold him to man up and stop crying, for it was disturbing his work. Munjae would then be pacified by the servants at home. Times when his mum was around, she would listen to his reason for crying, make him hot chocolate drink, and then bathe him and put him to sleep. 

Secondly, his father does not like his mum - it was all a lie, a show for his grandparents. As his grandparents have retired officially, and that the company is under his father and mother's name, his grandparents would go frequently overseas, as his grandma wants to travel around the world. Thus, the house that they live in would be empty most of the times. Empty in terms of people. But the house was constantly filled with screamings and cryings, mostly from his mother. When that happens, Munjae would close his room door and plug in his earpiece, as instructed by his mother. In the music player, his mother downloaded many songs that she loved, mostly pop songs. But Munjae knows that real intention behind it, even at the young age of 7. Sometimes, he knows that his mother quietly entered his room at night to sat down to watch him sleep. Sometimes, he heard her sob quietly. For making his mother sad and hurt, he hated his father. 

- - -

One year later, Munjae was in primary 3. After school, Munjae was about to go home by himself as usual when he saw his mother waiting for him outside school. He smiled from ears to ears and didn't hesitate and ran into his mother's embrace. 

"Mummy!" Munjae shouted as he hugged her tightly. 

"My boy! How was school today?" Jaehee asked as she brushed his hair and looked at her dear son. 

"It was great! Today i got a confession letter from a girl in my class." Munjae said as he pulled out the pink letter with many hearts drawn all over it. 

"Wow! Our Munjae has an admirer already?" Jaehee said in a surprised tone and briefly read the letter before keeping it in Munjae's backpack. 

"Hehehe. Actually," Munjae said as he looked left and right before leaning in to whisper into his mother's ears, ".. she's quite pretty too." And Munjae buried his face into his mother's shoulders, too embarrassed to see his mother. 

Jaehee laughed and his cute Munjae was and said, "So you like her too? Do you? You do?"  to tease Munjae. 

Munjae squirmed around and only laughed. 

Jaehee stood up and held Munjae's hands and said, "Let's go, shall we eat some cold ice red bean before heading home?" 

"Yes! You're the best mummy!" Munjae said as he grabbed his mother's hands. 

At the ice red bean shop, the mother and son could be seen sharing a bowl of ice red bean. 

However, this was all because Jaehee has something to say to Munjae. At the age of 8, Munjae was brighter and more understanding than other kids, and Jaehee believes that he has the rights to know the truth, the truth behind his biological father. 

"Munjae-ah, what do you think of your father?" Jaehee asked. 

Munjae suddenly stopped eating the ice red bean and put down his spoon. He looked down at his fingers and shook his head. 

"It's okay, Munjae." Jaehee asked. 

Munjae looked at her, as if asking her if it's really ok, and she gave the reassuring smile. 

Munjae picked up his spoon and played around with the ice red bean and said in a very soft voice, "I.. hate my father." 

Jaehee wasn't shocked by his answer, for any child would feel the same way as Munjae if they were treated the same by Minsang. Jaehee remained silent for a while, before opening to say something. 

"Munjae-ah, don't be shocked by what i'm about to say to you alright? Actually, Minsang isn't your biological father.. It's hard to explain to you now, you are still young, but.. i just--" Jaehee said.

"I know, i understand what you are saying, mummy. My teacher taught us the meaning of adopted. Can i just think that i am adopted by Uncle Minsang? Just that i am very unlucky and i got someone bad like him?" Munjae said. 

Jaehee didn't know what to say, for she was thankful for having such a thoughtful child, and she smiled and patted Munjae's head and nodded to respond to him. 

- - - 

One year later, when Munjae was 9 years old, the company was doing really well, and the company has opened another branch in China, thus, Minsang, being very career-minded, volunteered to go to be the CEO of the China branch. With this, he left as soon as he could to China, leaving Jaehee and Munjae behind. Very seldom would they Skype or Facetime to say hi, just to show Munjae's grandparents that they were still in good relationship. 

Just then, Jaehee thought of going to look for Sehun, and show Munjae how his real father looked like. 

Althought one year ago, Munjae would have seemed to love the idea of going to find his real father, but now that he was one year wiser, he also took into consideration many other factors. Why did his biological father abandon his mother? What would his real father say when he sees them? Would he refuse to acknowledge them? What's the point of seeing him when he wasn't there for them in the first place, it would only make them seem pitiful? Thus, Munjae was 50-50 for the idea of going to see his real father. But since his mother wanted it, he shrugged his shoulders to go along with it. 

- - -

And that was what lead to the current situation. 

 

A/N: I know, i know, the typical flashback.. :( End of Jaehee's story! What would Sehun do? How would Annie react if she finds out this? Would Kai keep quiet? Find out more in the next few (or many many many more) chapters! :)