17 Rejected

"Mr" Right

"Sehun.. i.." Kai stuttered, trying to keep the affair a secret. 

"Who. Is. She." It was no longer a question and Kai knew he could no longer keep the flame down with paper. 

Kai sighed loudly before saying her name. "Its.. Yuki." 

Yuki was their other classmate. She is from Japan. With long straight jet black hair, rather large eyes, and curvious figure, she was attractive physically. However, she was known to be a playgirl and she uses boys to satisfy her own needs. Of course, Kai and Sehun would have known that when they entered the school, for Yuki herself was rather famous. But what confused Sehun was why Kai still liked her despite knowing her ugly personality? 

Kai, somewhat knowing what Sehun was thinking, replied in a nonchalent manner, "Oh come on. If such a hottie threw herself at you, would you be able to resist?" He smirked and nudged Sehun. "Besides, im just meeting my needs that Annie cant give."

Furious, Sehun grabbed Kai by the collar and whispered in a low and deep voice, "Yes, because i know the difference between love and lust." And he pushed Kai away but not so harshly as they were friends are a long time. He ran his hands through his hair in frustation and stomped out of the room. Before he left, he even heard Kai pffted at him. 

On his way out, Sehun bumped into Suho. Mumbling a sorry, he attempted to move pass Suho, but he was stopped by the latter. 

"Hey, whats up man? You dont look too good." Suho asked. 

Sehun simply shrugged and walked out of the dorm. 

It was past midnight and the streets were empty. All Sehun could hear was the rustling of leaves and occasionally sounds of horns from cars. He walked aimlessly and when he stopped, he was at Annie's house. He sighed and walked to the nearby convenience store for a little drink. 

Entering the store, he walked straight to the beer section and grabbed a beer. He hesitated and decided to get 2 beers instead. Walking over to the cashier, he caught a familiar back at the medicine section. He paused and stared at the lady's backview. Then, the lady turned and made eye contact with Sehun.

"Sehun?" "Annie?" 

They both said simultaneously, and chuckled. 

"What are you doing here? Its so late alrdy." I asked. 

Sehun paused, before raising his hands to show me the beers and replied, "Having a little trouble sleeping. How about you?" He cocked his head a little to the side. 

I thought he looked pretty cute and i giggled a little, not knowing that that was music to his hears. 

"Well, i came to get some medicine and plasters for my.. erm.. scratches. Haha. Mind if i join you in your, "trouble sleeping night"? I asked cautiously as we walked over to the cashier together. 

"Hey! Im paying for my own stuff!" I halfshouted at Sehun when he pulled out money for both our items, earning a confused glance from the cashier. 

"Its ok, im paying." Sehun told the cashier, who glading accepted the money and was thankful it wasnt going to be complicated like splitting of bills. 

"The next time, i will treat you something." I said firmly while getting my items in the plastic bag. Sehun laughed and we walked to a nearby bench. 

The both of us settled down on the rather small bench. I took out the alcohol wipes and proceeded to disinfect my wounds. Although i have done it a thousand times, i was still scared of the stinging feelings and usually hesitate a little before actually wiping the wounds. Sehun, seeing how i bit my lower lips to contain the soft winces, put down his beer on the floor and kneeled infront of me. 

Caught off guard, i stuttered and asked what was he doing. 

He tilted his head again and said, "What else?" And he took the alcohol wipe from my hands and swiftly pressed the wipe against my scratches. Because it was so sudden, i let out a soft hiss and Sehun looked at me slightly worried. I nodded to ensure him that i was fine and he proceeded, but with more care. After wiping, he took out the medicine and applied gently on my wounds. By then, i was accustomed to the stingy feelings. Nonetheless, Sehun wanted to make sure i wasnt feeling too painful and he even blew my wounds. Being new to such behaviours, i moved my knee away from his hold, looking a little shocked. Sehun simply smiled and held my knees again and blew. I have to admit, having a guy -handsome guy- doing this for me was something totally new and i liked it. I dont mind having more wounds.. joking! Lastly, Sehun placed the plaster to cover up and scratches and he tidied the place. I couldnt stop staring at him as he picked up the wrappers and walked over to the bin to dispose them and walked back. 

"You are going to burn a hole in my face." Sehun said as he sat down, opened the beer for me and got his one from the floor. 

I giggled and said, "Well, no one has ever cleaned my wounds for me. Let alone a handsome guy like you!" I could feel my cheeks flaming hot as i said those words. Sehun choked a little on his beer and laughed. 

We laughed together and he then said, "I have never done it for a pretty girl like you too." 

I was surprised and i stopped laughing almost immediately. Not at the part where i was the first, but the part where he said i was pretty. 

To be honest, ever since the day Kai said he accepted my insecurities, he havent really well, praised me. I wasnt someone whose insecurities would dissappear overnight and i was someone who needed constant remainders, and Kai hasnt been very good at this, but i stood strong. Nonetheless, it was good to hear it, like come on, im still a girl right? 

Sehun turned to look at me when i stopped laughing. 

"Whats wrong? Haha. I didnt say anything wrong did i?" Sehun asked and sipped on his beer. 

"Well,.. im not exactly.. pretty. Haha." I chuckled weakly. 

Sehun finished his beer and held it in his hands. Silence filled the air as i slowly sipped on my beer. 

Then, Sehun broke the silence. 

"Annie, look. You are pretty in your own way. And that is why.. why Kai likes you isnt it?" He forced a croaked smile and said while looking at the beer in his hands. 

I smiled to myself too and answered, "Well, i suppose so.. But recently, Kai just feels.. a little different. Maybe im being too sensitive. Haha." I sipped on my beer. 

Sehun tensed as he heared what i said. Then, like the hellgates open, he couldnt hold back what he wanted to say since the day he met her. 

He dropped the empty beer can and the floor, grabbed my half-finished beer can away from me and threw it away as well, and held me by my shoulders so i faced him. My eyes were large with shock as my mouth hung slightly ajar from Sehun's sudden actions. 

"I like you. A lot. Since day 1. Ok maybe day 2. But i like you ok. I just.." 

A confession.

A confession by a handsome dude. 

A confession by my classmate. 

A confession by Kai's bestfriend. 

I didnt know why, but my heart skipped a beat, just like how mine did when Kai confessed.

I was shocked but i quickly composed myself and moved his hands away from my shoulders and held them in my hands. 

"Sehun.. i.. i am glad that i appear attractive to you and all, but im Kai's girlfriend now, and i want you to know that we can be best friends?" I smiled at him with all hopes he would say yes. 

And like my prayers were answered, he nodded. 

I smiled and stood up to pick up the 2 cans of beer thrown carelessly on the ground and disposed them. I walked back to Sehun, who was still seated on the bench, and offered my hand to him and said, "Lets go home." 

He looked at me for a second, and forced a weak smile at me and held my hands.

He gave my hand a little squeeze and said something that left me thinking for the night. 

He said, "Whatever that happens in future, i will always be here for you, alright? Call or text me and i will be there. Remember to not suffer alone." 

I simply nodded.