1 Introduction to my life

"Mr" Right

"Urgh, gonna be late again", i sighed. It was my 5th time and here comes the green letter of warning. 

"Psst its just detention after school.. Oh wait.. There is volleyball after school! OH MY GOD NO NO NO!!" 

I reached school just a minute before the bell rang and i heaved a sigh of relieve, and strolled on for my first class pass the discipline mistress. 

Lesson was torturing me as i absolutely cannot wait for the training, where i can finally have a good sweat. 

I looked ard the class and made eyecontact with my "girlfriend" May. My school is full of people like me, international students! I was from Singapore (and i got in the university with my fluent chinese and english skills) and May was from Singapore too! Thus she was the first friend i had. May smiled and did our handsign to indicate she is bored. I smiled and return the handsign before continuing my doodling in my chemistry book. 

*bell rings* 

I quickly picked up my books, shoving them in my bag, grabbed my gym bag and dashed to then indoor gym. 

Ah, that smell of the gym was intoxicating. I was always the earliest for training as i love to start warmup first (alone) before training. I was walking towards the changing room when i heard my gf. 

"Annie! Omg, did you hear the news?" 

"What news?" I obviously cant be bothered as time was ticking away. 

"There will be 6 transfer students from.. Korea! Omg imagine those hot guys!" 

May was obessed with korean guys like.. what is that group? SHINee or TVXQ? I have no idea. She was getting on my nerves and she can sense it too as my i fiddled with my fingers. 

"Sorry i took up so much of your time! Can i stay to watch you train? Im so bored..!" 

My face immediately lit up like a candle in the darkness. I love it when people watch me play vb, it makes me feel special and important. I nodded and speed walked to the changing room. 

*bum bum bum*

I bounced the vb a few times before proceeding to service and spiking drills. I love spiking drills the most, but unfortunately, my coach decided to place me a libero, which means spiking is out of my league. Thus, whenever i have the chance, i would practise spiking drills (alone). And now was the great opportunity!

One thing i didnt like was our volleyball uniform.. The body hugging top and spandex was very uncomfortable as it rides up the thights and constant adjusting was too troublesome. So after every practise, i look like im wearing an underwear instead. Also, vb trainings are the only time i displayed my ponytail (most of the time it was hidden under a cap). My mum didnt allow me to cur short hair so i have to leave it long. So annoying.

Anw, i can see at the corner of my eyes May looking at my intensively. She has always been amazed by my passion for vb and apparently i was very attractive when im focusing on trainings. I just brushed her off like always.

I hung out very often with guys as i found friendship among guys are less dramatic and there were no "politics". Girls can be troublesome. Sometimes, a whole bunch of them comes to see me train, and i felt really happy! They would whistle and cheer when they see me in my training outfit as most of the time i dress like im overweight with baggy shirts and pants, and me in my training outfit was the only time the guys saw my slim figure with a tint of abs, toned arms and legs.

Although im short (at 158cm), May said my proportions were absolutely great and so i dont look short at all. I dont really get what it means, but i only know i wish i was taller so i can be the main spiker. I eagerly put on my no.11 jersey and stepped on court for the actual training to start.

Job as a libero was tough. I have to practically dive for all the ugly and off balls, receive spikes and just pour myself on the ground one second, and pick myself up the other. After every training, i would be drained of energy welcome new bruises and cuts, but it never fails to put me in a smile and hung the whole night.

That evening after training, May and i decided to catch a movie since it was a friday and there was no school the next day. We watched some yucky romantic film which i obviously didnt like and slept throughout the movie cause i was exhausted from training and May was sobbing quitely beside me.

As tomboy as i may appear, it wasnt hard to recognise that i was a girl. My s wasnt exactly big like double Ds but they are barely Bs, but i had defined facial features that May said was pretty. I dont really care. I got home, showered and continue to dream of becoming the next national volleyball player.