54 Wedding Bells

"Mr" Right

Fast forward 2 years

"Congratulations Annie!"
"Woohoo!"
"You guys are a match made in heaven!"
"I knew you two were going to get married since university!" 

I walked down the red carpeted aisle as i smile widely at the faces i was only slightly familiar with. 

Since graduation, we only had a few gatherings here and there, but all of which there wasn't full attendance - and i never saw May. 

But nonetheless, being our wedding day, we decided to invite everyone over to witness our tough journey finally marking an end. 

As we were walking down the aisle beautifully arranged with baby's breathe (my favourite flower) and rose petals on the ground (which i tried to carefully avoid stepping on, even though it made me look like i'm toppling over my 2 inch heel), i took all the details in - the people, the cheers, the confettis flowing down from the room, the balloons being released as we walked by the person holding it, the way my walking matches my dad's, the way my dad is trying not to smile too widely to preserve his manly look, the way i was smiling like a idiot thinking that this day is finally here, the way he was standing so near yet so far from me

As my dad and i reached the end of the aisle, it was time for him to pass me on to him. 

My dad held both my rather rough hands in his and gave both a little squeeze. At that moment, i thought i saw something shiny at the corner of his eyes, but he quickly wiped it away. 

This was what he said to me, "I read once on a fortune book that daughters are father's past life's girlfriends. So it means you are my girlfriend."

I giggled after hearing that, and he smiled. 

He continued, "It was very hard for me to let you go, to let another guy take over all the responsibilities for you, which i have been doing for the past 30 years."

I quickly whispered to him, "Dad! You make me sound so old!" I pouted.

He laughed and everyone in the hall laughed a little too (except those at the back, i doubt they can hear what we were saying).

He said, "I want you to know that i love you and if you need me, i will always be there for my baby girl." And he ended with a kiss on my cheeks. 

I could feel the back of my throat burning as i swallowed back my tears, hoping they dont come out and ruin my makeup. 

Dad turned to look at him as he held on right hand. 

Dad looked like he had never said what he said to me just now as he looked firm and steady this moment, a look that Mum fell in love with and i can understand why. 

Dad said to him, "I now hand over my life's greatest creation and all the responsibilties that comes with it over to you."

He gracefully accepted my hand, and the moment our hands touched, it was both of us that felt this electric shock down our spines as we glances at each other for a second. 

He answered my dad, "With all due respect sir, i am thankful to you for bring such lovely daughter up and handing her over to me." 

Dad nodded and turned around slowly and walked back to his designated seat beside mum, sister and sister-in-law. 

Now, it was only the two of us

We walked up the steps and stopped infront of the priest, who looked like he just woke up from his nap unplanned. He mummbled a few words that neither one of us could make up and he opened the book. 

Everyone in the hall shushed and sit up straight. The only sounds that could be heard was the sounds of the camera shutters, taking photos hoping to keep in memory what we are feeling now and the sounds of our heart beating against our ripcages. 

"Gosh, i'm so nervous" I whispered to him so softly i wondered if he caught it. 

"Me too." He whispered back, and i smiled. 

I smiled knowing that my decision was right, and that he was the right man for me. After 30 years of my life, living as a female spieces on earth, looking and being envious of how other people are finding their happiness and wondering when was mine coming, i finally found mine. 

I was knocked out of my thoughts by the sound of the priest calling my name.

"Y..yes?" I stuttered at blinked my eyes twice and looked around the hall. 

Some giggled while others look rather tensed. 

The priest cleared his throat and repeated his words in the same monotonous voice, "Miss. Annie Lim. You are Annie Lim becoming the wife of Kim Jong In. Do you promise to love Kim Jong In and respect him, take care of him, help him, in joyful times and in hard times, healthy times and sickness times, every day, for ever?" 

I looked at Kai smiling back at me, my parents simply sparking at their seats, my friends all ready with the part poppers they thought i couldn't see from where i was standing and i turned back to look at the bored priest. 

"Yes."

With that, everyone in the hall popped their party poppers and cheered loudly. 

The priest looked a little shocked by the loudness of the crowd as he swallowed his saliva.

He said as loudly as he could, "By the power vested in me by the Universal, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." And he closed the book and walked off the stage. 

Kai swiftly turned me by my waist to face him and i squealed a little. 

Now, with his hands on my waist, our chests leaning against each other's, our eyes locked into one anothers, my arms sandwiched between our chests, i could feel my cheeks becoming hotter and hotter. 

"Honey, i could fry an egg on your cheeks." Kai said and he tighened his grip around my waist. 

"I.. er.." I stuttered, but never got the chance to finish my sentence as i heard the crowd going "Kiss the bride! Kiss the bride!"

Kai laughed at the crowd and turn to look at me again. I blinked many times and looked at him blankly. 

"We have to satisfy them, don't you think?" He smirked and with one swirl, our lips met. 

That moment felt magical, it was unlike any other kisses we have ever had before. This.. This kiss was it. It was the kiss i read in fairytales, seen in korean dramas, dreamed about in my dreams. 

The moment his lips removed from mine, i felt like all my soul was by him, and his in mine. This i could tell by how wild his pupils looked. And we both smiled. 

The crowd's cheers never subside and we walked down the aisle to our just-married car (sponsored by both our parents, something which we cannot reject and will remember for life.)

I was busy waving to the crowd when suddenly a saw her. May. May was there to support me on my very special day. She smiled at me and gave a little nod and she did a handsign to me. It was our handsign. She was saying "Take care and i'm sorry." 

I smiled widely at her as tears finally broke and streamed down my cheeks. 

At the door of the hall, Kai suddenly bent over and lifted me bridal style as i held on for life by hooking my arms around his neck. 

"Wow, you seem to have gained some weight." He teased. 

"Ya! It is the gown, not me!" I said. 

"We shall see about that.. tonight." He said in his ever so y voice. 

I giggled and wiggled in his arms to make it harder for him to carry, but it was no use. 

When i was in the car, i waved my bouquet of flowers and threw them as hard as i could. After hearing some screamings and cheerings in the crowd, i quickly turned around to see who got them. 

I smiled at the lady who got them, as she passed it on to a boystanding beside her.The boy accepted the flowers and waved goodbye to me. Everyone was happy - my friends were happy, my parents were happy, his parents were happy, and most importantly, we were happy. 

 

A/N: The story is nearing the end! How did you guys find my story? Not very interesting i guess :( Did you guys know who got the bouquet? :)