6 A bad joke

"Mr" Right

The days past by quickly, and it was already the last day of the week, Friday! Everybody was excited as the next week was a term break, which means 2 whole weeks of no school! And my plan for today was like anyother fridays, volleyball after school. I smiled to myself when the last bell rung and everyone cheered, even Ms Kim. Before i know it, the classroom as empty and there was only Ms Kim, Sehun, Kai and I. Ms Kim looked like she was struggling with her laptop, books and tumblr. So i offered to help her with the books. 

Sehun had to leave straight after school to attend his highschool reunion lunch and outing. I waved goodbye to him before helping Ms Kim with the books. Whoa i didn't know the books were so heavy, and i was glad to offer a helping hand to Ms Kim. She went off first as she had a meeting to attend to, and ask me to place the books outside the staff room. I bid her a happy term break before attempting to carry the books. Just then, i felt a muscular arm taking the books as though they were feathers from my arms. I looked up to find Kai smiling at me, "You look like you were struggling." 

"I.. i was not!" I hated it when guys think girls are weak. I attempted to snatch the books away from him, and we chased each other around class. For once, i felt really, really free and like a child, i laughed out loud and shouting for him to stop. When he didnt, i pretended to fall and sprain my ankle. 

"Ouch.. my ankle.." I cried out, trying to hold back my laughter.

I heard loud crash of books on the floor and in less than 1 second, Kai was infront of my with sweat forming on his forehead, he looked extremely worried at me and his hand hover around my supposedly sprained ankle, like one touch could crumble my ankle. The world felt silent, as i could hear only his heavily panting from all the running and.. my fastened heartbeat.

"Annie ah.. Annie? Annie! Does it hurt? Oh my god, i'm so sorry! I'm.." Kai's voice slowly become audible, and he went on and on about how sorry he is. When he didn't hear any replies, he looked up and gazing back at him was a pair of dark brown eyes he had never noticed in detail until now. He slowly stopped talking and his breathing become calm. We remained at that posture for as long as i can remember, and i only snapped out of trance from his eyes when he placed his hands on mine.

"I.. erm.. sorry, i was only joking.. haha.." I laughly so softly because i knew it was a bad joke.

Almost immediately, Kai stood up and walked out of the class. I shouted after him, but.. he didn't turn back. I felt a sudden plunge in my heart and though someone or something stabbed it hard. I stood up and picked up the fallen books and walked to the staff room alone.