47 JaeHee's Story (Part 1)

"Mr" Right

Jaehee's POV/Story

Flashback to 10 years ago, when they were 18 years old..

Jaehee, after hearing the story from her mum, thought to herself that without her dad, she wouldn't have been able to live in luxury, be able to afford stuff that some of her friends can't afford - the latest gadgets, most fashionable clothes and beauty treatments - but most of all, without her dad, she wouldn't be able to be here on Earth. 

So, she decided that she couldn't say no to her dad's request, even if it means that she has to give up her dreams to be a fashion designer.. 

And so, the very next day, under super heavy guard, she was escorted to the airport and shoved on the plane. She tried to look for her phone, but she couldn't find it. In it's place was another new phone and in the contacts has only dad and mum's contact. Jaehee mentally rolled her eyes and shoved the phone back into the very end of her bag and plugged in her music player and closed her eyes. 

After a long flight, the air stwerdess gently woke Jaehee up and gave her a smile to signal that the plane was going to land soon, and Jaehee smiled back and rubbing her eyes tiredly. 

Upon reaching her house in the States, her father opened the door personally to greet her and her mum. 

"Honey! You're here!" Her dad said and pulled her into a tight hug. 

Jaehee didn't say anything, for it has been a long time since she saw him, and the reason for her visit wasn't a good one. So she didn't or couldn't say anything as she hugged him back tightly too. 

"Come in come in, i left your room how it has been.. Your white curtains and sky blue walls, you like it don't you?" Dad said. 

"Yeah, yeah i do. Dad, you should sit down, i'm.. i'm fine. You should.. rest." Jaehee said and she guided dad to a chair in the living room. 

Dad was a little confused at first, but then he got a signal from mum. Oh right, our plan.. 

"Y..yeah, i felt a little giddy.. Oh my head.." Dad said as he sat down. 

"Oh god, mum, is there any medicine.. or or any inhaler?" Jaehee said in a rush. 

"Of..of course! Hold on.." Mum said as she rushed to the kitchen and quickly took the vitamin pills and handed them back to Jaehee together with a glass of water. 

"Here dad, slowly slowly." Jaehee administrated the swallowing of the pill and made sure her dad swallowed it. 

That night, her parents got into an emergency meeting in their bedroom. 

"Dear, i don't wish to lie to Jaehee.. She's.. She's my angel.." Her dad said as he turned to face his wife and held her hands. 

"Honey, she can't know the real reason behind all these! Getting engaged? Even the idea will get me in my teens crazy! But we know some things can't be changed, like her fate with Min Sang from A&B Company." Her wife reasoned. 

Both thought in silence and agreed with gritted teeth. 

After a few days, Jaehee was introduced to Min Sang. 

Min Sang, this guy looks.. not bad, but why is Mum introducing me to him? Why am i getting a bad feeling about this?