19 Grad Day

"Mr" Right

-Fastforward-

 

Finally! The day we have all been waiting for! Officially, we can all graduate from university! 

That very day, i was woken up especially early by my mum at 5am. 

"Wakey wakey sleepyhead! Omo! Look at your bedhair! We have lots to do. Quickquick! Get freshen up in 10mins!" 

I groaned as she shot words as fast as bullets. I could only catch the last sentence as i attempted to bury my head further in my pillow, but was shocked awake when mum slapped my bottom. 

"Ouch! Mum!" 

"Thats the most effective way darling. Now come on!" 

I silently grunted as i dragged myself to the toilet. 

After washing up, i walked lazily to find my mum. She was obviously more excited than me on my graduation day, and i cant help me chuckle at how busy she looked, darting all over the apartment. 

"Omo! I rmbered ironing the dress last night! Why is it crumpled again? Omo! Where is the straightener? Omo! I forgot breakfast!" 

My eye shot wide open at the last sentence. I silently cried but when i offered to help out for breakfast, i was shoved in my face with my graduation day dress. 

Have i mentioned how i hated dresses? Its not the i cant fit into them, but its just not my style. But on this day, i decided its for my mum and i had to do it, considering that she is staring at me with her puppy eyes. 

I sighed inwardly as i grabbed the dress and went back to my room to change. 

She was not my mum for nth. The midnight blue dress hugged my body perfectly, not too tight as i tend to eat a lot and the dress gave space for some stomach baby. Also, black and blue was my favourite colours, and midnight blue incorporated both. I found myself smiling. 

After changing, i went out and got my hair done in huge curls that end at my shoulders and a light make up (after much persuation), and before we know it, it was alrdy 10am, time to leave for the morning ceremony. 

At the door, my mum waved me goodbye and wiped a tear that escaped at the corner of her eyes. I couldnt help but laugh at how cute she looked. 

"Mum! Im not getting married now! Stop crying! Haha." 

"Who's not getting married?" 

I turned to the familiar voice, Sehun. 

"Sehun! You look so dashing! Totally fangirling here!" I shouted as i ran awkwardly to hug him in my heels. I more of fell into his arms due to my heels. 

Chuckling, he happily hugged back and waved goodbye to my mum and whispered to my ears, "You look especially pretty as well." 

I blushed slightly and composed myself and we walked tgt (slowly due to my heels) to the busstop. 

"Where's Kai?" I asked. "I mean, he is my boyfriend, shouldnt he be the one fetching me? Dont get me wrong, i like you here, but you know? Haha." 

I could see Sehun tense just a little, before giving me a sheepish smile and said, "He is.. preparing something, you know?" And held my hands in his as we waited for the bus. 

 

The truth is, Kai wasnt home the night before. Anyone could have figured out what happened, for all those that were associated with Yuki ended up the same way. Although Kai was smart, he must not have been able to resist and escaped the situation and have slept with Yuki. The thoughts alone was enough for Sehun to want to kill Kai, but he calmed himself down and instead, prepared to busy himself for you instead. He had a surprise installed for you after the graduation and he hoped you liked it. 

 

The bus was especially packed that morning, probably because of the parents, friends and relatives that were going to the ceremony too. My mum said she couldnt make it as she had work, and i was ok with it. Sehun and I had to stand throughout the hour long journey and those heels werent helping at all. Whenever the bus braked or turned, i would wobble a lot or knock into people ard me and "Sorry" was heard from me so frequently. 

Just then, i felt an arm wrap ard my waist and turn myself. I found myself facing a broad chest as i looked up to see Sehun's sharp jaws. Giggling, i looked down and leaned my chest against his chest and felt it rise and fall. It felt safe and relaxing. It wasnt something new as Kai did it to me before but when Sehun did it, it felt much more safer. Weird isnt it? 

"Annie? Annie we are reaching." Sehun nudged me softly when he released i have fallen asleep in his arms. Although he didnt want to wake me up as he was enjoying that moment too, but they had to go. 

I groaned and pryed open my eyes as i slapped myself awake gently, and followed Sehun off the bus. 

The ceremony was boring! Clapping for so many people, finally, it was my turn. 

"Annie Lim. Graduating from Honors for Arts and Cultural Degree." That was it. That marks the end of my journey as a legal student and the start of official adulthood. I shook hands with the person and took my degree. Soon after me was Sehun and Kai. I clapped as loudly as i could, and even took many pictures of them. When they came down, i hugged them both tightly and congratulated them. Kai gave me pecks on my cheeks and congratulated me too, and Sehun too gave me a peck on the cheeks. 

After that, we parted as Sehun and Kai went to take photos with their family members and i went ard to the food section to grab a bite. Just as i finished taking the food i wanted and was looking for a table, i heard someone call my name. I turn and smiled to see Kai jogging over. 

"Hey, i thought it would be a good time to.. you know.. introduce you to my family." He said shyly and rubbed the back of his neck. 

I was obviously taken aback by the sudden meetup and i almost dropped my plate of desserts. I could only manage to stare back at Kai with wide eyes and blinked a few times. 

Kai laughed and wiped the corner of my mouth with his long fingers and pulled me into a hug.

"You will do fine, just behave like you normally would. You look beautiful today too." He whispered in my ears.

Times like this, i would have melted into his arms, but that moment was different. I felt really nervous and i could only manage to whisper back.

"It is my normal behaviour that i'm worried about.. Ya, i only look beautiful today? I knew it.." My voice got softer towards the end. 

Kai chuckled and pushed to cup my face in his hands, "You look beautiful, always. Now let's go shall we?"

I took a deep breath, placed my plate of desserts down on the table, took a last look at myself, and grabbed Kai's hands and walked towards his parents.