31 Meal

"Mr" Right

"Ah! I'm so hungry!" I cried as i stretched while seated down at the foodstall.

Kai remembers that I didn't like going to posh restaurants to dine and i prefer roadside stalls. We when to a spicy rice cake stall nearby our houses and decided to eat one of my favourite spicy rice cake and steamed fish cake. 

"You still remembered.." I said in a very soft voice.

"Did you say something?" Kai asked, as he thought he heard you say something to him. The car passing by blocked the sound of my voice.

"N..Nothing.. Ahjuma, 3 spicy rice cakes and 2 steamed fish cake please!" I called.

"3 spicy rice cakes? There is only the 2 of us." Kai asked feeling puzzled. 

"I can eat more than 1 serving mister." I said and rolled my eyes at him. 

Kai chuckled and paid for the bill as the food came. We ate in silence, partially because we didn't know what to say to each other and partially because we were busy stuffing ourselves with the delicious food. 

"Oh no! Aish!" I muttered to myself as i accidentally stained my new blouse with the spicy rice cake sauce. The stain was around my chest area and i quickly tried to wipe it away with a dry tissue.

"Here, i have wet wipes. Let me help." Kai offered and he walked over and started wiping my shirt with the wet wipe. 

"YA! What are you doing!" I quickly slapped his hands away and covered my chest. 

Kai didnt get what happened and he stood there looking rather lost. Luckly it was rather early, so the booth was empty except for us and the stall owner. After a while, Kai finally got why i screamed at him and he immediately turned to look away from me, not wanting to show me his quickly reddening face. He cleared his throat and turned to look at me. With his left hand rubbing the back of his neck, he extending his right hand to pass me the wet tissue.

"H..Here. Y..You can wipe it yourself. I'm.. sorry." He stuttered.

I wanted to remain mad at him, but looking at how embarrassed he looked and how he is stuttering, i couldn't laugh but let a giggle out. It quickly escalated to a laugh and then a loud laugh. I was clapping like a seal and laughing at how he looked, and taking the wet tissue to wipe myself.

"It's ok. Don't do it again. You look so funny!" I said and motioned for him to sit with my head and laughed. 

Kai looked everywhere but at me when he sat. I wanted to and so, i moved myself to be in his line of vision whenever he moved, and he dodged. Like this, we finished our meal and left the stall. I was still trying as we walked back to each of our houses. 

"I guess you really hate me now huh? Not wanting to see me.. It's ok! I'm going home now. Bye!" I puffed out a mouth of air and waved goodbye to Kai who was backfacing me. 

"W..wait!" Kai called out, but i continued to walk on. He ran up to me and swinged me around to face him.

I only looked at him.

"I.. just wanted to say.. goodluck for the interview results.. Haha. See you around." He said and he let go of my arm and walked away. 

I shrugged and turned to walk home. 

Kai hit himself on the head and mentally scolded himself idiot and coward as he didn't say what he really wanted to say. He decided to say it on another day then. 

I reached home and bathed. Ah! I felt so relaxed in home clothes (aka my sports attire) and home slippers. With my hair tied up messily in a bun, i roamed around my house to look for snacks. I found some and i switched on the television and lied down on the couch and started snacking. After a few hours, i dozed off on the couch. 

I was then awoken by the doorbell. The doorbell rang a few times as i wanted to just ignore it but it was ringing persistently. I groaned and forcefully wake myself up and walked like a zombie towards the door. 

I swinged open the door and squinted my eyes at the person at the door. 

"Surpri.. Whoa.. What happened to you?" The person asked. 

I rubbed my eyes to check again who was the person. I immediately smiled and poured myself at the person and hung by his neck. 

"I was sleeping." I said sleepily at his neck as i stood on my feet again. 

He smiled and we walked in together. His smile, ever so angelic and pure. It was Sehun.

We spent the day watching movies together, him occasionally tickling me and me fighting back. We end up lying on the floor instead, with my head on his chest. I was expecting steady heartbeats (like what i read in fanfics) but Sehun's heartbeat was rather irregular. 

I got worried and i lifted my head to look at Sehun, "Hey, why is your heart beating so fast?" and i placed my head back on his chest to reconfirm. 

Sehun took a deep breath and held on to it, hoping his heart would beat regularly, but with you lying so near him, physically touching and him your soft hair, it was always a challenge to relax. 

It was still beating very quickly and i sat up quickly and cupped my hands around Sehun's face. I looked at him worriedly and asked, "Do.. Do you have any heart diseases? A..Are you feeling ok? Y..You are not getting a heart attack right? Oh no what's the number to call? 119?"

I panicked and wanted to reach for the phone, but Sehun quickly hugged me and laughed softly at my ear. "Silly you." And he sighed.

"W..What?" I stuttered. 

"My heart beats for you." He whispered in my ear. 

At that moment, i felt my heart beat faster and faster as i slowly took in my surroundings. Him hugging me, his arms locking my arms and resting at my waist, pulling me towards him, breathing in the smell of his menly shampoo, and feeling him resting his chin at my collarbone. 

"My heart beats for you." Those 5 words lingered in my mind even after Sehun left to go home. 

I laid in bed feeling rather restless, probably it was because i slept a lot during the day and evening. I stared at the ceiling and touched my heart, which was now beating steadyly. 

That night, I asked my heart, "Who are beating for?" And with this thought, i slowly fall asleep.