15 Time Wasted

"Mr" Right

I ran where my feet took me to. They stopped infront of a door. Panting heavily, i opened the door and stepped inside. 

It was the Boxing room (for boxing cca). The unflattering smell of sweat and equipment quickly filled my nostrils. This was my 2nd favourite place to be (the 1st was the volleyball court, but my feet knew Kai would search there), and boxing was a good way to destress. I was introduced to boxing by Luhan, he is the Boxing Vice President. 

Luhan.. For the first time his name did not make me smile or laugh, but instead, his name made me frown and bite my lower lips. I quickly shook off his name from my mind and picked up a pair of boxing gloves lying on the ground and wore it while walking towards the weights. 

"Lets do this ." I shut my eyes, counted to 3 and started hitting the weight with all my might. After 5 mins, i was already sweating buckets and my energy was draining fast. I stopped momentarily to remove my gloves and removed my sweatsuit and cap, leaving me in baggy pants, white tank top and a black sports bra. My tank top was literally translucent from all the sweat but i was alone and i didnt care because my mind was obviously elsewhere. 

After just another 5 mins or so, i was officially drained. I hugged the weights and panted heavily. The whole room was silent and all i hear was my loud heart beats thumping against the weights. 

When i cooled down, it was alrdy 6pm. I forgot that i left my bag outside the CCA room just now as removing it was more comfortable to ease my backache. I sighed as i picked up my sweatsuit and hung it over my shoulder with 1 finger. I removed my rubber band that was alrdy loose from all my movements to give my throbbing head a quick massage, then i put on my cap with my hair down. I made a quick check on my phone and found 4 messages and 3 miss calls, from Kai and Luhan. I sighed again and checked the messages. 

Kai: 

Where did you go? Im worried. Text me please. 

I took your bag. No worries. 

Im at your house now. Please call me soon.

Luhan:

Im sorry. I didnt mean to hurt you. 

 

My heart clenched as i slowly made my way out of school with my head hung low. Luckily, i had my bus card tgt with my phone casing if not i would really consider going to the sauna overnight. 

After alighting from the bus (which i thought of how to patch up with May during the journey that felt longer than usual), i strolled over to my house. Upon nearing my unit, i saw a crouching figure outside my door. Without needing to guess, i knew it was Kai. He had his head buried in his arms, which are folded ard his legs. His head sprung up immediately when he hear footsteps. 

"Where did you go?" He half-shouted at me. I knew Kai didnt know anything about the incident and so, it wasnt right for me to treat him like this. I forced out a weak smile and said that i was sorry for making him worry. 

He shook his head and said, "I heard from Luhan.. What happened.." His voice was low, like testing the waters for possible triggers. As he expected, he saw me tense a little before i sigh and smiled weakly again. 

He tilted my head up so we made eye contact, and i saw his jaw clench. Probably at my swollen cheeks or something. 

"Are we going to stay outside the whole night?" I spoke with a croaked voice. Kai pulled me into a hug and opened the door and we embraced the warmth at home. 

After a long cold shower, i was tired both physically and mentally and i flopped on my bed and my eyes shut instantly, forgetting that Kai was still ard. 

Kai knocked a few times and got no replies. He paused for awhile before turning the doorknob quietly. The figure sleeping peacefully on the bed made him heave a sigh of relief and he walked over towards her. He kneeled down to face her and gently swiped her long fringe away from her cheeks and he felt a pang of pain shot through his heart. Those cheeks were swelling, though it wasnt extremely obvious. He went to the toilet and quickly made a cold wet towel, went back to her side, and place it gently on the cheeks. After a few minutes of constantly cooling the swell, Kai decided that it was better and he cleaned up to leave, after all, he needed sleep too. He hesitated, but his heart won, and he leaned over to kiss her on her forehead, both cheeks and finally her lips, and left as quietly as he could. 

What he didnt know was that Annie wasnt asleep. She was awake the moment she felt someone cold against her cheeks as she was a very lightsleeper. She undeniably enjoyed the moment and so, she decided to pretend to be asleep. After hearing the maindoor shut, she sat up and hugged her knees. 

"Kai.. i.. i dont know if i deserve you.." And she started to sob. 

 

The next few days in school was a living nightmare for Annie. To make matters more awkward and painful, May was in every class she attended. So it was hard, very hard, for them to avoid each other. Days pass as Annie tried to strike a conversation for the millionth time, but there was always only 1 outcome. 

"Sigh.. what am i going to do.." I mumbled to myself as i walked towards my locker to get changed for volleyball training. Upon opening my locker, a small note that lied on my clothes caught my attention. I picked it up and read it. 

"Meet me usual place. 7.30pm." 

I didnt need to know who wrote it because that handwriting was May's for sure. I literally squealed in delight at the corridor, earning some glances but i didnt care. I quickly changed, and for once, i wished training ended quickly. 

 

"Dismissed!" That was all i wanted to hear from coach, and i bade goodbyes and ran off to our usual place. It was nearing 7.30pm as the day darkened quickly and the street lights came on. Still in my jersey, i walked as fast as my feet could take me as i approached an gazebo. It was a rather secluded place and that was why we loved it. We use to spent a lot of time there gossiping and stuff. Just the thought of it made me smile a little. I made myself comfortable on one of the benches and i looked ard for any sight of May.

It was 9.30pm and there was no signs of May coming. I sighed out loud and decided to head home. Since my house was only a few busstops away, i decided to walk (or rather, limp) instead, despite my new bruises and floorburns forming on my knees. 

Sehun was humming softly and bobbing his head to the soft rock he was listening. He occassionaly glanced out the window. Just then, he saw a familiar figure walking rather strangely. As the bus approached, his hunch was confirmed. He immediately alighted at the next stop and jogged back towards her.

"Hey.." Sehun called. 

I lifted my head up to the voice i know, and i unknowingly smiled back. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked, rather curiously as he should have reached home by now. 

"I was caught up at school for dance. What about you? You seem.. like you are limping.." Sehun replied and glanced at my knees. "Ah, trainings are tough arent they?" 

I chuckled softly. 

Sehun loved that sound. 

"Well, i dont mind. Im fine really. I can even run! Look!" I said and immediately attempted to run to prove. However, i was held back by Sehun's hands ard my wrist. He simply smiled and said it wasnt necessary to prove it. 

"Lets go. I will walk you home." 

Instead of replying verbally, i simple  nodded and held his hand and pulled him to walk. 

Sehun felt his heartbeat faster the second her hands wrapped ard his. Although it wasnt all soft due to her trainings, it was warm and it fitted nicely into his. Instantly, he felt jealous of Kai for having you. 

 

A/N:

I seemed to have forgotten about Sehun. Haha. Oops. Like i said, this story will be a long one! So enjoy whatever twists that pops in my mind! (: