36 All For Me? (Part 2)

"Mr" Right

It was like back in the old days where we were a couple, where skinship were so natural. 

I was feeling kind of hot from all the trips i made to and fro the toilet and so i removed my cardigan and placed it at the chair beside the bedside. After a long while of repeating the same action - wet, twist, dab - i checked again his temperature using the back of my palms. 

"Seems like it's getting better.." I said to myself. 

I took a look at the wall clock, and mentally noted that it was 7plus already, and that i should leave. I wet the towel one last time and placed it on Kai's forehead and pressed down gently. I looked around the place for paper and pen and wrote a memo and placed it on the bedside table. I took my office bag and quickly walked out of the room as quietly as possible and closed the room door. 

- - - 

That evening, Baekhyun was the earliest to reach home. 

"Ah! So nice to be home. Gonna lie down for a while before D.O cooks dinner.. Yah! Kai! What are you doing.." Baekhyun talked to himself. 

Kai was actually lying on Baekhyun's bed. From how Kai was frowning a little, and the the partially wet towel on Kai's forehead, Baekhyun guessed that Kai was sick. He walked over in an attempt to wake Kai up, but his attention was brought to the memo written. 

Memo: To who is reading this, please get fever medicine for Kai. Sorry i couldnt get it. Please ask Kai to call me too. I'm An..

"What is.." Baekhyun was just about to finish reading it when he heard Kai's voice. 

"That was a nice sleep.. I feel so hot.." Kai said in a croaking voice. 

"Yah. Why didnt you tell us you were sick?" Baekhyun said softly. "I will get you the medicine." 

And with that, he left the note back by the bedside and went to the kitchen. 

Kai squeezed and opened his eyes a few times and turned to look at the memo. With his back leaning against the wall, he casually took the slip of paper in his right hand and read it. 

".. I'm Annie." Kai whispered. 

Baekhyun walked in with the medicine just in time and Kai quickly shoved the memo in his pocket and cleared his throat. 

"Why? You have a sore throat too?" Baekhyun asked. 

"N..no, just.. give me the medicine." Kai said as he reached out for it. 

"What.. you never liked medicine and you are asking for it now? Geez." Baekhyun said as he passed the medicine over to Kai, who in a flash swallowed the medicine and finished the cup of water. 

"Oh ya, there was a memo here.. Wait where is it?" Baekhyun squatted down to look for it, thinking it flew on the floor.

"What memo? I didnt see it. You must be hallucinating Baekhyun." Kai said and he stood up to go back to his room swiftly. 

"What.. I was just reading it like a minute ago.." Baekhyun mumbled to himself while scratching his head. He shrugged his shoulder and went out of his room to return the cup. 

Shortly after, the members came home one by one. All exclaiming how tired and worned out they are, while D.O and Chanyeol started to prepare for dinner. 

"Baekhyun-hyung! Can i take a towel from your room?" Sehun shouted across the apartment, but didn't bother to wait for a reply and opened Baekhyun's room door to enter. Just then, a bright yellow coloured item on a chair caught Sehun's eyes. 

"Isn't that.." Sehun whispered to himself, while Baekhyun jumped on him from behind. 

"Yah, is that your girlfriend's?" Sehun asked Baekhyun while pointing to the jacket on the chair.

"What?" Baekhyun asked and looked at the direction where Sehun pointed. "No.. Why is there so many things popping in my bedroom! I should put a lock on next time.." And Baekhyun walked off to the delicious smell he smelt. 

Sehun walked over to the yellow cardigan and picked it up. He was positive that it belonged to you. His mouth pressed into a firm thin line as he took the cardigan out and marched into Kai's room. 

Without knocking on Kai's door, Sehun opened the door and asked immediately, "Annie came over?" 

Kai, who just finished showering, was putting on a fresh shirt and he just replied a casual, "Mmm." 

Sehun felt his grip on the yellow cardigan getting tighter and he closed Kai's door, leaving the two of them in the room. 

"Dinner's ready!" Chanyeol shouted. 

But Sehun and Kai remained stationary. 

"What's your problem, Kai?" Sehun asked. 

Kai snickered and replied, "What?"

Sehun felt his blood boiling while he mentally tried to calm himself down. "You know you broke Annie's heart once, you can't break it twice!" 

Kai turned around to look at Sehun fiercely in his eyes, "I wasn't planning on breaking it aagain" before turning away and looking out the window. 

"How do you think you can get her to forget the past? Dude, she isn't like any of the girls you dated." Sehun was getting frustrated. 

Kai sighed, "I know. And that's why i'm trying so hard again. Sehun, I need her.. I can't.." 

Sehun cut in, "I need her too." with a firm voice.

Kai looked up at Sehun eye to eye and they remained like that for a few minutes, before Chanyeol came bursting into the room and shouting, "What are you two doing here! We are waiting for you at the dining table! Quick!" And Chanyeol dragged Sehun (who was closer to the door) out of the room, and Kai sighed again, before dragging his feet along. 

The truth is, Chanyeol overheard the whole story while he walking around the apartment to gather the members for dinner. 

Chanyeol thought to himself, "This is serious.." And he decided to break the tension when he heard no one saying anything. "I better get the others to help in this,, or they will lose their friendship!"